littleangel.gif
?

big mony = big
teu28.gif

More mony more corroptin
cool.gif
The teams have confirmed they will all ride - and will meet with UCI next week

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves2008/20080227_184059Dev.html

The FFC are alreadt saying they'll be quite happy to take over testing from the UCI on the grounds that the UCI only test the stage winner and race leader and they can now test who they want when they want.

Surely time for McQuaid to step down and for a UCI head who can actually do the job to take his place.

italiano said:
You think IOC
littleangel.gif
?

big mony = big
teu28.gif

More mony more corroptin
cool.gif

:) I agree. This just tells you how long it will take to have a functional UCI. First, the IOC needs to come clean, then it has to reform the UCI.

poulidor said:
ASO has no reason to want to do UCI job, they have better to do, they just probably know that it is time to change UCI, as already some national federation have complained.

It's time for McQuaid to resign and to push out the old Verbbruggen guard.
In my position I can't say that but... I am glad somebody else did...

Ofcourse I can't see if I am sharing your view about McQuaid and verbruggen but well...;)

Here is a question: What happens if a rider tests positive during Paris-Nice? Does the UCI recognize the doping infraction?

Bro Deal said:
Here is a question: What happens if a rider tests positive during Paris-Nice? Does the UCI recognize the doping infraction?
The WADA agreement is between countries, federations and UCI.

Without UCI, the WADA agreement has probably no value. So we are back at the old system where French can prosecute a positive rider, and ban him on their soil.

Bro Deal said:
It probebly depends on who it is...:D

So, if Velonews has it correct in their latest update, the Pro Tour teams have a choice:
  1. Choose to ride Paris-Nice but realize it is unsanctioned and your riders could face either a 6-month ban or be banned from the Olympics and the Worlds
  2. Choose to not ride Paris-Nice and the ASO decides that you are now opting out of all of their races, including the crown jewel of races.
What rotten choices.

hawkeye87 said:
So, if Velonews has it correct in their latest update, the Pro Tour teams have a choice:
  1. Choose to ride Paris-Nice but realize it is unsanctioned and your riders could face either a 6-month ban or be banned from the Olympics and the Worlds
  2. Choose to not ride Paris-Nice and the ASO decides that you are now opting out of all of their races, including the crown jewel of races.
What rotten choices.
Monty...I'll choose door number 3

Bro Deal said:
No one will test positive. Does anyone want to take that bet? I'll give you odds of 2:1.

Good hypothetical point though.

Crankyfeet said:
No one will test positive. Does anyone want to take that bet? I'll give you odds of 2:1.
I don't think the ASO has much control over the situation. If the lab finds a positive, it would probably leak to the press and the ASO would not have a chance to cover it up.

I think the French doing the testing will be a lot more trustworthy than the UCI doin gthe testing.

Bro Deal said:
I think the French doing the testing will be a lot more trustworthy than the UCI doin gthe testing.
I thought the UCI had independent labs doing it as well?

Bro Deal said:
I don't think the ASO has much control over the situation. If the lab finds a positive, it would probably leak to the press and the ASO would not have a chance to cover it up.

Provided off course that the labs actually stick to the correct proceedures so that the evidence is admissable in court.

Crankyfeet said:
I thought the UCI had independent labs doing it as well?
They have covered stuff up in the past. Plus I don't trust the UCI. There are many odd patterns to who tests positive and who does not.

Bro Deal said:
They have covered stuff up in the past. Plus I don't trust the UCI. There are many odd patterns to who tests positive and who does not.
I agree with you, though I don't have your archival knowledge. I find it difficult to imagine, however, the scenario of a lab finding a positive, and handing it to the UCI, and then the UCI bins it. It would be hard for the lab to keep that obvious fraud under wraps.

It is easier for me to imagine that the UCI forewarned certain parties of the tests that were going to be administered, or helped switch out samples before sending them to the lab. I suppose DNA testing makes sample switching too risky now.

Crankyfeet said:
I agree with you, though I don't have your archival knowledge, though I find it difficult to imagine the scenario of a lab finding a positive, and handing it to the UCI, and then the UCI bins it. It would be hard for the lab to keep that obvious fraud under wraps.
Before WADA agreement AAF were send by the lab to UCI. Then UCI send it after some verification like TUE... to the national federation and the rider and/or team.
Don't forget that the lab has no name.

The clown and buffon McQuaid has threaten t by letter each rider of Paris-Nice :
- 6 months suspension
- 10 000 francs suisse as fine
- no JO
UCI buffons: Verbruggen and McQuaid

The riders need a formal Union. In the history of cycling I think, the riders (especially the domestiques) were treated like slave hands. The riders need to unite for themselves. No one in the system is going to support elevating them to have more say.

McQuaid has refused to meet the french secretary of sport who put forward a mediator role between the 2 parts in that crisis.

Crankyfeet said:
The riders need a formal Union. In the history of cycling I think, the riders (especially the domestiques) were treated like slave hands. The riders need to unite for themselves. No one in the system is going to support elevating them to have more say.
I don't see how UCI could punish 160 riders ! That punishment will just show UCI incompetence to resolve the problem and sink deeper to a bigger problem.