UDS?

Jenn

Guest
Hi all, I live in the Houston area and am considering Ultrasound Diagnostic School. They have a 20-
month program. I know they are not accredited, but they are the only school within driving distance,
the only other one is 1 hour away. Any graduates from this school? I look to work in a private
ob/gyn office.

Jenn

In article <[email protected]>,
Jenn <[email protected]> wrote:
>Hi all, I live in the Houston area and am considering Ultrasound Diagnostic School. They have a 20-
>month program. I know they are not accredited, but they are the only school within driving
>distance, the only other one is 1 hour away. Any graduates from this school? I look to work in a
>private ob/gyn office.

I don't know details, but if a school isn't accredited, what exactly do you expect to gain by
attending it?

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Jenn <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Hi all, I live in the Houston area and am considering Ultrasound Diagnostic
School.
> >They have a 20-month program. I know they are not accredited, but they
are
> >the only school within driving distance, the only other one is 1 hour
away.
> >Any graduates from this school? I look to work in a private ob/gyn
office.

> I don't know details, but if a school isn't accredited, what exactly do you expect to gain by
> attending it?

David is wright on this. I would try to talk to some local OBs or perhaps the HR department at a
local hospital. Often, I think they would be willing to take some time and discuss this sort of
thing people trying to get going in a health-care career.

Plus, hospitals sometimes are willing to hire people and send them to school.

BTW, for a good education, 1 hour away *IS* within driving distance.

Jeff

> -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost
> always correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
> shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Jenn" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ThPSb.24269$eY2.7462
@fe2.texas.rr.com:

> Hi all, I live in the Houston area and am considering Ultrasound Diagnostic
School.
> They have a 20-month program. I know they are not accredited, but they
are
> the only school within driving distance, the only other one is 1 hour
away.
> Any graduates from this school? I look to work in a private ob/gyn
office.

> Jenn

Jenn,

Getting any sort of training from an un-accredited school is the same as ordering a degree via the
internet. IOW, it is worth about as much as a Confederate dollar bill. Many employers look for stuff
like that and automatically disqualify you as a candiate if they see un-accredited schools on your
resume/job application.

Rich Andrews <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Getting any sort of training from an un-accredited school is the same as ordering a degree via the
> internet.

University of Phoenix?

How could they even call these schools (U of P and National University) UNIVERSITY is beyond me.