UDS?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Jenn, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Jenn

    Jenn Guest

    Hi all, I live in the Houston area and am considering Ultrasound Diagnostic School. They have a 20-
    month program. I know they are not accredited, but they are the only school within driving distance,
    the only other one is 1 hour away. Any graduates from this school? I look to work in a private
    ob/gyn office.

    Jenn

    Tags:

  2. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Jenn <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi all, I live in the Houston area and am considering Ultrasound Diagnostic School. They have a 20-
    >month program. I know they are not accredited, but they are the only school within driving
    >distance, the only other one is 1 hour away. Any graduates from this school? I look to work in a
    >private ob/gyn office.

    I don't know details, but if a school isn't accredited, what exactly do you expect to gain by
    attending it?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
    correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
    shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Jenn <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >Hi all, I live in the Houston area and am considering Ultrasound Diagnostic
    School.
    > >They have a 20-month program. I know they are not accredited, but they
    are
    > >the only school within driving distance, the only other one is 1 hour
    away.
    > >Any graduates from this school? I look to work in a private ob/gyn
    office.

    > I don't know details, but if a school isn't accredited, what exactly do you expect to gain by
    > attending it?

    David is wright on this. I would try to talk to some local OBs or perhaps the HR department at a
    local hospital. Often, I think they would be willing to take some time and discuss this sort of
    thing people trying to get going in a health-care career.

    Plus, hospitals sometimes are willing to hire people and send them to school.

    BTW, for a good education, 1 hour away *IS* within driving distance.

    Jeff

    > -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost
    > always correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
    > shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  4. Rich Andrews

    Rich Andrews Guest

    "Jenn" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ThPSb.24269$eY2.7462
    @fe2.texas.rr.com:

    > Hi all, I live in the Houston area and am considering Ultrasound Diagnostic
    School.
    > They have a 20-month program. I know they are not accredited, but they
    are
    > the only school within driving distance, the only other one is 1 hour
    away.
    > Any graduates from this school? I look to work in a private ob/gyn
    office.

    > Jenn

    Jenn,

    Getting any sort of training from an un-accredited school is the same as ordering a degree via the
    internet. IOW, it is worth about as much as a Confederate dollar bill. Many employers look for stuff
    like that and automatically disqualify you as a candiate if they see un-accredited schools on your
    resume/job application.

  5. Curious

    Curious Guest

    Rich Andrews <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Getting any sort of training from an un-accredited school is the same as ordering a degree via the
    > internet.

    University of Phoenix?

    How could they even call these schools (U of P and National University) UNIVERSITY is beyond me.