ugh... i sold my singlespeed

Mr Chris

Guest
with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer i could not refuse for my
ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what i called the bike) and got myself a balfa "belair"
http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say, with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im always
looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but one thing is the climbing abilities, this bike
climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode before. i must say its a real eye opener. the question
is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i will have to think about that one.

mr chris http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

"mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer
> could not refuse for my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what
> called the bike) and got myself a balfa "belair" http://www.balfa.com/

Their web site is so cool it's awful. Damn I hate flash sites.

"mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer i could not refuse for
> my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what i called the bike) and got myself a balfa
> "belair" http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say, with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im
> always looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but one thing is the climbing abilities, this
> bike climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode before. i must say its a real eye opener. the
> question is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i will have to think about that one.
>
> mr chris

Welcome home my friend.....welcome home...
--
Slacker

"mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer
> could not refuse for my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what
> called the bike) and got myself a balfa "belair" http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say,
> with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im always looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but
> one thing is the
climbing
> abilities, this bike climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode before. i must say its a real
> eye opener. the question is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i will have to think about
> that one.
>
> mr chris http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

Ahhh, I seem to recall on one of our various epic rides (with various witnesses to back me up), you
made the claim that you would never ever give in to the FS masses. I see that the masses won...I
knew you wouldn't be able to resist...

I can't believe you sold the old *****. Who was the lucky fellow? Whatever happened to the fartsy
tartsy Look frame?

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:36:16 GMT, mr chris <[email protected]> wrote:
> with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer i could not refuse for
> my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what i called the bike) and got myself a balfa
> "belair" http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say, with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im
> always looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but one thing is the climbing abilities, this
> bike climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode before. i must say its a real eye opener. the
> question is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i will have to think about that one.
>
> mr chris http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

Mr. Chris,

That's Foxtrot Uniform man. Do you think you can survive without a single speed? I don't think
it's possible.

You won't be able to stay away. It's in your blood. It's even in your web site name and
email address!

I hafta say, the Belair does look really SWEET, but I also hate the flash site.

--
Gman

"mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer
> could not refuse for my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what
> called the bike) and got myself a balfa "belair" http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say,
> with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im always looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but
> one thing is the
climbing
> abilities, this bike climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode before. i must say its a real
> eye opener. the question is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i will have to think about
> that one.
>
> mr chris http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

Wow, someone with some brains. Way to take advantage of the braindead single speeder. Bankroll the
new FS with the proceeds from the singlespeed. Perhaps I'll get one, resell it, retire early. Sounds
like a plan.

Dave (Mr. Chris is the hero of the group!)

mr chris wrote:

> with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer i could not refuse for
> my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what i called the bike) and got myself a balfa
> "belair" http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say, with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im
> always looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but one thing is the climbing abilities, this
> bike climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode before. i must say its a real eye opener. the
> question is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i will have to think about that one.
>
> mr chris http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

I am standing here beside myself ;^p

I am betting you have another SS in you

Jimbo(san)

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:36:16 GMT, "mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote:

>with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer i could not refuse
>for my ss.
True Business man.

You'll be back,

:-]

>with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer i could not refuse for
>my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what i called the bike) and got myself a balfa
>"belair" http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say, with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im
>always looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but one thing is the climbing abilities, this
>bike climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode before. i must say its a real eye opener. the
>question is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i will have to think about that one.

I hope you enjoy your new bike. I still have your website in my favorites and always enjoyed your
Toronto ride pics.

I'm actually going in reverse of your direction; I started out with full suspension and have
enjoyed riding my rigid Kona Hahanna more then anything over the past few months. I was thinking of
buying one of the Redline Monocogs over the winter and building it up; Jenson USA was selling them
for $115 for the frame, but Johns had problems with his so I looking at either the KHS Single One
or the Kona Unit.

"mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an offer i could not refuse for
> my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats what i called the bike) and got myself a balfa
> "belair" http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say, with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im
> always looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but one thing is the climbing abilities, this
> bike climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode before. i must say its a real eye opener. the
> question is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i will have to think about that one.

Did you sell your thongs too?

JD

> Ahhh, I seem to recall on one of our various epic rides (with various witnesses to back me up),
> you made the claim that you would never ever
give
> in to the FS masses. I see that the masses won...I knew you wouldn't be
able
> to resist...
>
> I can't believe you sold the old *****. Who was the lucky fellow? Whatever happened to the fartsy
> tartsy Look frame?
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

ummmmm yes i do recall making such a statement... but what the heck squish feels so nice. the guy
who bought it works at my "foam" plant, he rides mainly bmx but wants a bigger city bike lol gawd
the look frame "shudder" that i sold also, building up a norco team trials
http://www.norco.com/bikes/2003bikes/853frame.htm that i scored to ride in the factory. we built a
bunch portable stunts which interlock any which way , sure beats riding outside in the snow, slush
and nipple freezing temps. plus we crash on the "foam"

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I hope you enjoy your new bike. I still have your website in my favorites and always enjoyed your
> Toronto ride pics.

I took most of those pics...

> I'm actually going in reverse of your direction; I started out with full suspension and have
> enjoyed riding my rigid Kona Hahanna more then anything over the past few months. I was thinking
> of buying one of the Redline Monocogs over the winter and building it up; Jenson USA was selling
> them for $115 for the frame, but Johns had problems with his so I looking at either the KHS Single
> One or the Kona Unit.

Buy a Surly 1x1 instead, its a better value...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

news:D[email protected]...

aaah flash from quebec... home of labatts "50" http://www.labatt.com/enhanced/index_2.html poutine
http://www.lard.net/poutine.html and smokes http://imperialtobaccocanada.ca/e/

mr chris http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

"mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ummmmm yes i do recall making such a statement... but what the heck squish feels so nice. the guy
> who bought it works at my "foam" plant, he rides mainly bmx but wants a bigger city bike lol gawd
> the look frame "shudder" that i sold also, building up a norco team trials
> http://www.norco.com/bikes/2003bikes/853frame.htm that i scored to ride in the factory. we built a
> bunch portable stunts which interlock any which
way
> , sure beats riding outside in the snow, slush and nipple freezing temps. plus we crash on
> the "foam"

Ahh, nice nice, a Ryan Leech signature frame, nice...

You finally built the stunts in the facility. You couldn't build them when I lived there, you stink
Chris :). Is Brian still around?

I'll be bringing my Nukeproof trials ***** bike up there soon, get those stunts ready...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

> "mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> Ahh, nice nice, a Ryan Leech signature frame, nice...
>
> You finally built the stunts in the facility. You couldn't build them when
> lived there, you stink Chris :). Is Brian still around?
>
> I'll be bringing my Nukeproof trials ***** bike up there soon, get those stunts ready...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

cool we shall go riding, yah brian the "rat boy" is still around. we are doing an urban/beer ride in
toronto on saturday with a bunch of other people. we have found a way to sneak into the don brick
works and ride around all the old ovens/equipment...

mr chris http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry for not givng credit where it was due on the pics Carla.

No prob :)

> Have you checked out the KHS? If I am reading the small print correctly on their website, the bike
> complete is under $600.

I once had a KHS. It blew up on me. Not a bad price for the Solo-One, although there are some
components that are iffy, it weighs 30lbs and the softail design really isn't necessary.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

> "mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > with the singlespeed craze sweeping the country (ries) i was made an
offer i
> > could not refuse for my ss. so i parted ways from the "*****" (thats
what i
> > called the bike) and got myself a balfa "belair" http://www.balfa.com/ what a change i must say,
> > with 5" front and 4.5" rear of squish im
always
> > looking at my tires to see if they are flat. but one thing is the
climbing
> > abilities, this bike climbs tech stuff better than anything i rode
before.
> > i must say its a real eye opener. the question is will i get another singlespeed? well hmmmmm i
> > will have to think about that one.
>
> Did you sell your thongs too?
>
> JD

I think he framed them...