uh oh, did something bad for training

mattjf

Jul 31, 2005
I used to be a smoker. I quit a few years ago. I started running and then riding. I was doing great. Training for a race coming up in a few weeks.

I've moved across the country to a new job and new house. Over the past 7 days, I've not been able to ride at all (bike stuff all packed, driving rental truck, etc.). Also, a few people helping me move smoke. I gave in to temptation and had a few smokes.

How much is this going to hurt my training? Have I just screwed myself completely for the race?

mattjf said:
I used to be a smoker. I quit a few years ago. I started running and then riding. I was doing great. Training for a race coming up in a few weeks.

I've moved across the country to a new job and new house. Over the past 7 days, I've not been able to ride at all (bike stuff all packed, driving rental truck, etc.). Also, a few people helping me move smoke. I gave in to temptation and had a few smokes.

How much is this going to hurt my training? Have I just screwed myself completely for the race?

Mate, don't worry about it. Just don't do it again, put your head down and keep training normally. Your race will be fine.