Uh Oh...

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Seth Jayson, May 18, 2003.

  1. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    In trouble now.

    Was doing some Rocket repairs yesterday, and thought I'd take the chance to set the thing up to the
    wife's size. Ran along side her until she quit freaking out (she always thought she could never ride
    the 'bent before).

    45 minutes later she comes back with a big grin and says "I bet I could get a lot of money if I sold
    my Klein..."

    We may have another convert...

    Seth J.

    ()
    |\ ^-
    __/|| ' ||
    ======
    O O

    Xootr (Kick) Scooter

    () \\==^ \\----% () ()

    Rans Rocket

    Tags:

  2. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Congratulations. Now if I could just get my wife off the sofa in front of the TV.

    "Seth Jayson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:b76915a[email protected]...
    > In trouble now.
    >
    > Was doing some Rocket repairs yesterday, and thought I'd take the chance to set the thing up to
    > the wife's size. Ran along side her until she quit freaking out (she always thought she could
    > never ride the 'bent before).
    >
    > 45 minutes later she comes back with a big grin and says "I bet I could get a lot of money if I
    > sold my Klein..."
    >
    > We may have another convert...
    >
    > Seth J.
    >
    > ()
    > |\ ^-
    > __/|| ' ||
    > ======
    > O O
    >
    > Xootr (Kick) Scooter
    >

    > () \\==^ \\----% () ()
    >
    > Rans Rocket

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Seth Jayson) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In trouble now.
    >
    > Was doing some Rocket repairs yesterday, and thought I'd take the chance to set the thing up to
    > the wife's size. Ran along side her until she quit freaking out (she always thought she could
    > never ride the 'bent before).

    Humph. I let my wife coast around on my Lightning while we still dating. She bought her Lightning
    soon after that. Then we got married. Almost 11 years later, we now have 3 Lightnings and 2 Tour
    Easys... and we're still happily married.

    Jeff

  4. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > [email protected] (Seth Jayson) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In trouble now.
    > >
    > > Was doing some Rocket repairs yesterday, and thought I'd take the chance to set the thing up to
    > > the wife's size. Ran along side her until she quit freaking out (she always thought she could
    > > never ride the 'bent before).
    > >

    > Humph. I let my wife coast around on my Lightning while we still dating. She bought her Lightning
    > soon after that. Then we got married. Almost 11 years later, we now have 3 Lightnings and 2 Tour
    > Easys... and we're still happily married.

    3 Lightnings and 2 Tour Easys... I'll bet that is the reason. Five bikes spread among two people

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. Paul Bruneau

    Paul Bruneau Guest

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    > Congratulations. Now if I could just get my wife off the sofa in front of the TV.

    Far better the TV than eBay. Trust me.

  6. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    See, the problem here is I think I'm gonna end up spending the 'bent "upgrade" money I was planning
    on heisting from the savings account on her first 'bent!

    Well, that's OK I guess, because she'll be a lot more fun to ride with (and she's already fun to
    ride with) when she doesn't have to cope with wedgie side effects.

  7. Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (Seth Jayson) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > In trouble now.
    > > >
    > > > Was doing some Rocket repairs yesterday, and thought I'd take the chance to set the thing up
    > > > to the wife's size. Ran along side her until she quit freaking out (she always thought she
    > > > could never ride the 'bent before).
    > > >

    > > Humph. I let my wife coast around on my Lightning while we still dating. She bought her
    > > Lightning soon after that. Then we got married. Almost 11 years later, we now have 3 Lightnings
    > > and 2 Tour Easys... and we're still happily married.
    >
    > 3 Lightnings and 2 Tour Easys... I'll bet that is the reason. Five bikes spread among two people

    My marriage is not the norm. Being female, I found my non-cyclist husband and as the little tweety
    love birds were flying around my head, I laid down the law. Biking is always priority. Our first
    date was a week long bike tour, he didn't even have a bike yet. No worry, he hung out at the camp
    and won everyone over with his campfire cooking. Serious jambalaya. We have been together for 7
    years, married for 5. Had about 15 bikes between us. Now down to just 3. His and hers Visions and
    the Double Vision. I know that he likes the whole biking thing as much as I do and the interesting
    places we visit and the neat people we meet. Normally, it's the guy who is the cycling enthusiast
    and the wife is a tag along. I've always wondered why that's so. Perry bentcajungirl Almost finished
    the house, anyone want to visit, your room will be ready. 45 minutes from the Big Easy.

  8. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    My wife was the one who converted me to touring, etc. on cycles. I had always used them for
    commuting and fun. (Even took one to Rome when I was a student there. Rear-ended a Fiat 500 in
    traffic once with my peugot bike, and we made it roll forward...)

    She was the one who was into stuff like RAGBRAI. I wasn't into the longer rides, because I couldn't
    stand the sore ass, neck, etc. She, the wedgie rider, is the one who suggested I go 'bent -- and
    bought me the first.

    You are all familiar with the transition. "Whoah! bicycling is this much Fun?! I didn't remember
    that..." result: monster created.

    So I guess it's just good kharma coming around that she's on the verging of joining us on the
    dark side.

  9. Rod Dabe

    Rod Dabe Guest

    Hey Perry! Have those gators come out of their holes yet?

    Rodney

  10. [email protected] (Rod Dabe) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hey Perry! Have those gators come out of their holes yet?
    >
    > Rodney

    Hi Rodney.. Yes, it's plenty warm now, and the gators are out in full force. We haven't been riding
    as much as we'd like, still a few days left on the house. Finish/trim work is a killer. Tedious and
    time consuming. Perry bentcajungirl

  11. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    No problem. Buy yourself a better bike or an upgraded Rocket and let her ride the existing one.

    Derek

  12. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > Almost finished the house, anyone want to visit, your room will be ready. 45 minutes from the
    > Big Easy.

    Is it true that you can get alcoholic beverages at drive-throughs there? If so, can you run your
    bent through the drive-through?

  13. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > No problem. Buy yourself a better bike or an upgraded Rocket and let her

    Heh, I thought of givin' her the hand-me-down Rocket, but there's no way I can part with it. It's
    the best commuting bike I think. I think the only thing that might compare on my bumpy commute would
    be an HPVtk street machine, or maybe a Vivo.

    If she's giving up the Klein, I feel she deserves something just a pretty, though, so I'm leaning
    more towards a Bacchetta or Volae.

    If starts off on a "nicer" 'bent than I have, I can live with that... for a while!