UK a.m-b (again)

> So, flights booked, car hire booked, permission for a day's mountain biking booked :) I'm staying
> in Luton (ugh!) over the weekend of the
> 22/23 Feb.
>
> Anybody still up for a ride? Decision on location? Saturday or Sunday?

Aye! I'm sure diggerboy will still be up for it too (looks like he will be riding this w/e - I was
gonna try and make it too...)..

A Sunday would be best for me personally. As for where I'd like to ride - anywhere I can get to that
is 'kewl' and 'rad' and 'kickin' ',;~}

Si? Huw? AC? Howard? PJ? Everyone?

Later,

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>So, flights booked, car hire booked, permission for a day's mountain biking booked :) I'm staying
>>in Luton (ugh!) over the weekend of the
>>22/23 Feb.
>>
>>Anybody still up for a ride? Decision on location? Saturday or Sunday?
>

> Aye! I'm sure diggerboy will still be up for it too (looks like he will be riding this w/e - I was
> gonna try and make it too...)..

I'm not sure. He's got a course the week before, and he mentioned that he might not be able to come.

> A Sunday would be best for me personally.

Sunday's cool with me.

> As for where I'd like to ride - anywhere I can get to that is 'kewl' and 'rad' and 'kickin' ',;~}

Umm. The idea of Snowdon was chucked out, but there's the other Welsh 'resorts'. I wouldn't mind
doing something like Ladybower, but the Peaks'd probably be swarming with the red sock brigade.
Alternatively, there's Wharncliffe or Nantmawr.

> Si? Huw? AC? Howard? PJ? Everyone?

Don't think Phil W will be making it...

| bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| > So, flights booked, car hire booked, permission for a day's mountain biking booked :) I'm
| > staying in Luton (ugh!) over the weekend of the
| > 22/23 Feb.
| >
| > Anybody still up for a ride? Decision on location? Saturday or Sunday?
|
| Aye! I'm sure diggerboy will still be up for it too (looks like he will be riding this w/e - I was
| gonna try and make it too...)..
|
| A Sunday would be best for me personally. As for where I'd like to ride - anywhere I can get to
| that is 'kewl' and 'rad' and 'kickin' ',;~}
|
| Si? Huw? AC? Howard? PJ? Everyone?
|
| Later,
|
| Shaun aRe

Always up for embarrassing myself so yep anytime here. Just transport letting me down thus far.

Simon

> >>So, flights booked, car hire booked, permission for a day's mountain biking booked :) I'm
> >>staying in Luton (ugh!) over the weekend of the
> >>22/23 Feb.
> >>
> >>Anybody still up for a ride? Decision on location? Saturday or Sunday?
> >

> > Aye! I'm sure diggerboy will still be up for it too (looks like he will
be
> > riding this w/e - I was gonna try and make it too...)..
>
> I'm not sure. He's got a course the week before, and he mentioned that he might not be able
> to come.

Aye, but it sounded like he might be able to make the Sunday with a bit of effort.

> > A Sunday would be best for me personally.
>
> Sunday's cool with me.

Cool, (sorry - 'kewl').

> > As for where I'd like to ride - anywhere I can get to that is 'kewl' and 'rad' and
> > 'kickin' ',;~}
>
> Umm. The idea of Snowdon was chucked out, but there's the other Welsh 'resorts'. I wouldn't mind
> doing something like Ladybower, but the Peaks'd probably be swarming with the red sock brigade.

Aye, that'd be right......

> Alternatively, there's Wharncliffe or Nantmawr.

Don't know anything about Nantmawr, but Wharncliffe would be good fun - it's got more or less
everything going on there - good rocky climbs/descents/downhills, twisty wooded singletrack,
technical singletrack - the works really.

> > Si? Huw? AC? Howard? PJ? Everyone?
>
> Don't think Phil W will be making it...

That wasn't very nice of you Bomba. Maybe he could borrow a bike?

Shaun aRe

Simon <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:RCO%[email protected]...

> | bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> | > So, flights booked, car hire booked, permission for a day's mountain biking booked :) I'm
> | > staying in Luton (ugh!) over the weekend of the
> | > 22/23 Feb.
> | >
> | > Anybody still up for a ride? Decision on location? Saturday or
Sunday?

> | Aye! I'm sure diggerboy will still be up for it too (looks like he will
be
> | riding this w/e - I was gonna try and make it too...)..
> |
> | A Sunday would be best for me personally. As for where I'd like to
ride -
> | anywhere I can get to that is 'kewl' and 'rad' and 'kickin' ',;~}
> |
> | Si? Huw? AC? Howard? PJ? Everyone?
> |
> | Later,
> |
> | Shaun aRe
> |
> Always up for embarrassing myself so yep anytime here. Just transport letting me down thus far.
>
> Simon

Cool. Hmmm - yeah, transport problems suck smegma.

Shaun aRe

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>I'm not sure. He's got a course the week before, and he mentioned that he might not be able
> >>to come.
> >

> > Aye, but it sounded like he might be able to make the Sunday with a bit
of
> > effort.
>
> A slap-up meal or the promise of a new pair of shoes should do the trick
;)

Heh!

> >>Sunday's cool with me.
> >

> > Cool, (sorry - 'kewl').
>
> Why the switch to 1337-speak?

Facetiousness. ',;~}

> >>Umm. The idea of Snowdon was chucked out, but there's the other Welsh 'resorts'. I wouldn't mind
> >>doing something like Ladybower, but the Peaks'd probably be swarming with the red sock brigade.
> >

> > Aye, that'd be right......
> >

> >>Alternatively, there's Wharncliffe or Nantmawr.
> >

> > Don't know anything about Nantmawr, but Wharncliffe would be good fun -
it's
> > got more or less everything going on there - good rocky climbs/descents/downhills, twisty wooded
> > singletrack, technical singletrack - the works really.
>
> Hmm, I'd like to vote out the Welsh resorts cos they really are a bit too far. I could do Afan,
> but think it would probably be too far for others (?) Wharncliffe / Peaks I could definitely pick
> up Simon. Nantmawr, I could pick up Simon if I'm the closest.
>
> Might be an idea to find the location that's most central to all those involved.

Aye - indeed, or the ones closest to me at any rate, heheheheh.... ',;~}

> >>Don't think Phil W will be making it...
> >

> > That wasn't very nice of you Bomba. Maybe he could borrow a bike?
>
> It wasn't meant to be nasty, it was just a response to your 'everyone?' question.

I know - just stirrin it is all.

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>I'm not sure. He's got a course the week before, and he mentioned that he might not be able
>>to come.
>

> Aye, but it sounded like he might be able to make the Sunday with a bit of effort.

A slap-up meal or the promise of a new pair of shoes should do the trick ;)

>>>A Sunday would be best for me personally.
>>
>>Sunday's cool with me.
>

> Cool, (sorry - 'kewl').

Why the switch to 1337-speak?

>>>As for where I'd like to ride - anywhere I can get to that is 'kewl' and 'rad' and 'kickin' ',;~}
>>
>>Umm. The idea of Snowdon was chucked out, but there's the other Welsh 'resorts'. I wouldn't mind
>>doing something like Ladybower, but the Peaks'd probably be swarming with the red sock brigade.
>

> Aye, that'd be right......
>

>>Alternatively, there's Wharncliffe or Nantmawr.
>

> Don't know anything about Nantmawr, but Wharncliffe would be good fun - it's got more or less
> everything going on there - good rocky climbs/descents/downhills, twisty wooded singletrack,
> technical singletrack - the works really.

Hmm, I'd like to vote out the Welsh resorts cos they really are a bit too far. I could do Afan, but
think it would probably be too far for others (?) Wharncliffe / Peaks I could definitely pick up
Simon. Nantmawr, I could pick up Simon if I'm the closest.

Might be an idea to find the location that's most central to all those involved.

>>>Si? Huw? AC? Howard? PJ? Everyone?
>>
>>Don't think Phil W will be making it...
>

> That wasn't very nice of you Bomba. Maybe he could borrow a bike?

It wasn't meant to be nasty, it was just a response to your 'everyone?' question.

> So, flights booked, car hire booked, permission for a day's mountain biking booked :) I'm staying
> in Luton (ugh!) over the weekend of the
> 22/23 Feb.
>
> Anybody still up for a ride? Decision on location? Saturday or Sunday?
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

I'm waiting for a yay/nay on a meeting in Swansea for the following monday - I'll mail you if I can
make it. Heard there are some nice trails in Cwmcarn and I'd be interested in trying em out.

Not that this really makes the deal anymore concrete, it's just my pitch at the moment. Huw's
currently stuffed for web access but he seemed up for it last we spoke.

Andy Chequer

>Si? Huw? AC? Howard? PJ? Everyone?

Hmmm possible, depends on location though as my bike transportation is heavy on Petrol and I gotta
start saving for my boarding hoiliday in March :) The Ladybower ride is good but very long and
compeltly unridable without trials skills in places, but there is an awsome downhill at the end that
makes it all worth it, there of somewhere else in the Peaks would be favorite for me. Howard

Andy Chequer wrote:

>>So, flights booked, car hire booked, permission for a day's mountain biking booked :) I'm staying
>>in Luton (ugh!) over the weekend of the
>>22/23 Feb.
>>
>>Anybody still up for a ride? Decision on location? Saturday or Sunday?
>

> I'm waiting for a yay/nay on a meeting in Swansea for the following monday -

Got somewhere to stay on the Sunday evening? If so, Nantmawr is sort of half way.

I think in view of those who have said they're willing to come, Nantmawr seems to be the
most central.

So, UK a.m-b ride, 11am kick off at Nantmawr quarry, Sunday 23rd Feb. All those in favour,
say 'Aye'.

Aye, for sure. Transport permitting.

Simon..... someone bring a defibrillator for me

> Andy Chequer wrote:
>
> >>So, flights booked, car hire booked, permission for a day's mountain biking booked :) I'm
> >>staying in Luton (ugh!) over the weekend of the
> >>22/23 Feb.
> >>
> >>Anybody still up for a ride? Decision on location? Saturday or Sunday?
> >

> > I'm waiting for a yay/nay on a meeting in Swansea for the following
monday -

> Got somewhere to stay on the Sunday evening? If so, Nantmawr is sort of half way.
>
> I think in view of those who have said they're willing to come, Nantmawr seems to be the most
> central.
>
> So, UK a.m-b ride, 11am kick off at Nantmawr quarry, Sunday 23rd Feb. All those in favour,
> say 'Aye'.

Depends - Is it doable, to get from here to there, ride and get back in a day, without pushing it
too much? There's no way I'd be able to do an overnight.

Shaun aRe

| bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Sunday?

| > > I'm waiting for a yay/nay on a meeting in Swansea for the following
| monday -
| >
| > Got somewhere to stay on the Sunday evening? If so, Nantmawr is sort of half way.
| >
| > I think in view of those who have said they're willing to come, Nantmawr seems to be the most
| > central.
| >
| > So, UK a.m-b ride, 11am kick off at Nantmawr quarry, Sunday 23rd Feb. All those in favour, say
| > 'Aye'.
|
| Depends - Is it doable, to get from here to there, ride and get back in a day, without pushing it
| too much? There's no way I'd be able to do an overnight.
|
| Shaun aRe

Wheres here? That would be the here that is relative to you not I.

Simon

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>So, UK a.m-b ride, 11am kick off at Nantmawr quarry, Sunday 23rd Feb. All those in favour,
>>say 'Aye'.
>

> Depends - Is it doable, to get from here to there, ride and get back in a day, without pushing it
> too much? There's no way I'd be able to do an overnight.

What on earth are you talking about? Oswestry's about 90 miles from Blackburn, if that's what
you're asking.

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>So, UK a.m-b ride, 11am kick off at Nantmawr quarry, Sunday 23rd Feb. All those in favour, say
> >>'Aye'.
> >

> > Depends - Is it doable, to get from here to there, ride and get back in
> > day, without pushing it too much? There's no way I'd be able to do an overnight.
>
> What on earth are you talking about?

I don't know where Nantmawr is, is wot I wuz ornaboot.

> Oswestry's about 90 miles from Blackburn, if that's what you're asking.

Aye, and cheers - looks like I might be OK, depending on whether or not Paul can make it, or if i
can get a lift elsewhere if he can't.

Later!

Shaun aRe

Simon <[email protected]> wrote in message

> | bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

the

> Sunday?

> | monday -
> | >
> | > Got somewhere to stay on the Sunday evening? If so, Nantmawr is sort
of
> | > half way.
> | >
> | > I think in view of those who have said they're willing to come,
Nantmawr
> | > seems to be the most central.
> | >
> | > So, UK a.m-b ride, 11am kick off at Nantmawr quarry, Sunday 23rd Feb. All those in favour, say
> | > 'Aye'.
> |
> | Depends - Is it doable, to get from here to there, ride and get back in
> | day, without pushing it too much? There's no way I'd be able to do an overnight.
> |
> | Shaun aRe
>
> Wheres here? That would be the here that is relative to you not I.

Yes, but Bomba, who that was directed at, is familiar with where I am, see? -, and it's Blackburn,
Lancashire.

Shaun aRe - now stop being silly. ',;~P```````

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I think in view of those who have said they're willing to come, Nantmawr seems to be the most
> central.
>
> So, UK a.m-b ride, 11am kick off at Nantmawr quarry, Sunday 23rd Feb. All those in favour,
> say 'Aye'.

Been keeping an eye on this one - won't be joining you I'm afraid. Not that interested in Nantmawr
as I said before [1] and I've just been asked to join a 40 mile loop in the Brecons that day which
is a. a lot closer and b. much more my type of riding.

Next time maybe - the wayfarer route over the Berwyns (http://makeashorterlink.com/?U2ED21E53 ) just
up the road from Nantmawr is superb :)

Have fun

Russ

[1] although I wouldn't rule out getting the bullit out for a play somewhere like that if it was a
nice warm sunny day :)

russell pinder wrote:

>>So, UK a.m-b ride, 11am kick off at Nantmawr quarry, Sunday 23rd Feb. All those in favour,
>>say 'Aye'.
>
> Been keeping an eye on this one - won't be joining you I'm afraid. Not that interested in Nantmawr
> as I said before [1] and I've just been asked to join a 40 mile loop in the Brecons that day which
> is a. a lot closer and b. much more my type of riding.

Oh well, sorry to hear that you won't be there, although it sounds like you've got a nice trip
planned. I'm hoping on a nice mix of XC and mucking about. There's 200 acres to explore, which I'm
hoping will keep us occupied for a few hours.