UK a.m-b (again)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Shaun, Might be going to Tamworth getting some preholiday practise in on Real snow before my holiday
    that day, but if I am free, I got a double bike rack I can put on the back of my car Blackburn is
    practially on my route to anywhere so its no problem. As for there and back in a day??? Whats the
    destination? Howard

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Howard Turner <[email protected] (reverse to reply)> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun, Might be going to Tamworth getting some preholiday practise in on Real
    snow
    > before my holiday that day, but if I am free, I got a double bike rack I
    can
    > put on the back of my car Blackburn is practially on my route to anywhere
    so
    > its no problem.

    Cheers - I'm hoping my mate Paul will be able to make it, and if so, I'll be in with him, but if he
    can't for any reason (which will be a shame), I'll gladly take you up on your offer ',;~}

    > As for there and back in a day??? Whats the destination? Howard

    Nantmawr quarry at Oswestry or summink.

    Cheers again.

    Shaun aRe

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Howard Turner wrote:
    > Shaun, Might be going to Tamworth getting some preholiday practise in on Real snow before my
    > holiday that day, but if I am free, I got a double bike rack I can put on the back of my car
    > Blackburn is practially on my route to anywhere so its no problem. As for there and back in a
    > day??? Whats the destination?

    Going to Tamworth is just a waste of time. It's not real snow and it's the equivalent of the slopes
    that they teach 3 year olds on. Best just to wait for the holiday, I reckon.

    Come on, you know you want to!

  4. >Going to Tamworth is just a waste of time. It's not real snow and it's the equivalent of the slopes
    >that they teach 3 year olds on. Best just to wait for the holiday, I reckon.
    >
    >Come on, you know you want to!

    yup this is true but it gives me a chance to meet the people I am going with
    :) Practise wise i live withing a mile of Ski Rossendale and have a season
    pass, but I gotta get the money from these people at some point. Howard

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > Cheers - I'm hoping my mate Paul will be able to make it, and if so, I'll be in with him, but if
    > he can't for any reason (which will be a shame), I'll gladly take you up on your offer ',;~}

    Shaun, I'm going to be up in Cheshire that w/e (bloody typical - fly in to London to see the g/f and
    she makes me drive her up to Manc for the
    w/e). Anyway, this means that if you need a lift, and you can make your way in to Manc, I can give
    you a lift there and back.

    Any idea if Spademan's coming? I know his Usenet feed is dodgy - I'll send him a mail.

    We've probably got an extra recruit coming - the UK senior men's DH champ (ie, my brother), possibly
    the manager of the Edge/i-neda team (although I haven't heard back off him yet) and possibly an
    ex-GB junior downhiller. Should be fun :)

    --
    x.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

    y.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > Cheers - I'm hoping my mate Paul will be able to make it, and if so,
    I'll be
    > > in with him, but if he can't for any reason (which will be a shame),
    I'll
    > > gladly take you up on your offer ',;~}
    >
    > Shaun, I'm going to be up in Cheshire that w/e (bloody typical - fly in to London to see the g/f
    > and she makes me drive her up to Manc for the
    > w/e).

    Heheheheh!

    > Anyway, this means that if you need a lift, and you can make your way in to Manc, I can give you a
    > lift there and back.

    Cheers! I'll let you know soon as I do.

    > Any idea if Spademan's coming? I know his Usenet feed is dodgy - I'll send him a mail.

    Looks to be a 'no' so far, but we'll see - maybe if I send his wife flowers and chocolates, and tell
    her she'll keep getting them if he comes, she'll bully him into dropping everything and going ',;~}

    > We've probably got an extra recruit coming - the UK senior men's DH champ (ie, my brother),

    Cool!

    > possibly the manager of the Edge/i-neda team (although I haven't heard back off him yet) and
    > possibly an ex-GB junior downhiller. Should be fun :)

    Great, I can't wait (just gotta get fit between now and then, and hope that my back starts to get
    better (took time off Friday afternoon 'cos I could hardly friggin' walk.......))

    Shaun aRe

  7. >Cheers - I'm hoping my mate Paul will be able to make it, and if so, I'll
    be
    >in with him, but if he can't for any reason (which will be a shame), I'll gladly take you up on
    >your offer ',;~}
    >
    >> As for there and back in a day??? Whats the destination? Howard
    >
    >Nantmawr quarry at Oswestry or summink.
    >
    >Cheers again.

    Dunno whats up with my news connection, 1st time I've been able to connect in a few days. Anyway not
    been able to to get hold of the guys I'm going on holiday with. So if your mate cant make it Shaun
    and you guys dont mind me tagging along, then your more than welcome to my passenger seat. Oswestry
    from Blackburn shouldnt take much more than an hour and 1/2. So there and back is no problem. Even
    if your mate is coming any chance I can convouy down with you as I have no idea where this quary
    place is. Howard

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Howard Turner wrote:

    > Dunno whats up with my news connection, 1st time I've been able to connect in a few days. Anyway
    > not been able to to get hold of the guys I'm going on holiday with. So if your mate cant make it
    > Shaun and you guys dont mind me tagging along, then your more than welcome to my passenger seat.

    Woo! Another rider to add to the list.

    Oswestry
    > from Blackburn shouldnt take much more than an hour and 1/2. So there and back is no problem. Even
    > if your mate is coming any chance I can convouy down with you as I have no idea where this quary
    > place is.

    http://www.nantmawr.com/directions.html

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Howard Turner <[email protected] (reverse to reply)> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Cheers - I'm hoping my mate Paul will be able to make it, and if so, I'll
    > be
    > >in with him, but if he can't for any reason (which will be a shame), I'll gladly take you up on
    > >your offer ',;~}
    > >
    > >> As for there and back in a day??? Whats the destination? Howard
    > >
    > >Nantmawr quarry at Oswestry or summink.
    > >
    > >Cheers again.
    >
    > Dunno whats up with my news connection, 1st time I've been able to connect in a few days. Anyway
    > not been able to to get hold of the guys I'm going
    on
    > holiday with. So if your mate cant make it Shaun and you guys dont mind me tagging along, then
    > your more than welcome to my passenger seat. Oswestry from Blackburn shouldnt take much more than
    > an hour and 1/2. So there and back is no problem. Even if your mate is coming any chance I can
    > convouy down with you as I have no idea where this quary place is. Howard

    Hey Howard - aye, my mate is coming, and maybe bringing his friend Tony too - you're welcome to
    convoy! Thing is, we're gonna have to figure the route too ',;~}

    I'll take a look at the link Bomba posted.

    Shaun aRe - this is gonna be fun!

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Howard Turner wrote:
    >
    > > Dunno whats up with my news connection, 1st time I've been able to
    connect
    > > in a few days. Anyway not been able to to get hold of the guys I'm going
    on
    > > holiday with. So if your mate cant make it Shaun and you guys dont mind
    me
    > > tagging along, then your more than welcome to my passenger seat.
    >
    > Woo! Another rider to add to the list.
    >
    > Oswestry
    > > from Blackburn shouldnt take much more than an hour and 1/2. So there
    and
    > > back is no problem. Even if your mate is coming any chance I can convouy down with you as I have
    > > no idea where this quary place is.
    >
    > http://www.nantmawr.com/directions.html

    What's the meet up time at the quarry Jon? - we got any more details fixed yet?

    Cheers!

    Shaun aRe - excited!

  11. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > What's the meet up time at the quarry Jon? - we got any more details fixed yet?
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > Shaun aRe - excited!

    I initially said 11am - thus giving people enough time to travel. Can change it if you want - I'm no
    longer having to drive up from Luton, so am less bothered. Probably Huw should determine the time as
    I think he's got the furthest to travel.

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > What's the meet up time at the quarry Jon? - we got any more details
    fixed
    > > yet?
    > >
    > > Cheers!
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - excited!
    >
    > I initially said 11am - thus giving people enough time to travel. Can change it if you want - I'm
    > no longer having to drive up from Luton, so am less bothered. Probably Huw should determine the
    > time as I think he's got the furthest to travel.

    Cool - no probs here, just as long as we know enough before hand to be able to sort it out,
    we'll be OK.

    Cheers.

    Shaun aRe

  13. >Hey Howard - aye, my mate is coming, and maybe bringing his friend Tony too - you're welcome to
    >convoy! Thing is, we're gonna have to figure the route too ',;~}

    Have autoroute 2003 will figure :) will post again later to get a rough area of Black burm to meet
    you guys at.

    Howard - off out on a night ride "baaa, I think that bump was a sheep"

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Howard Turner <[email protected] (reverse to reply)> wrote in message
    news:pSv2a.704$%[email protected]...
    > >Hey Howard - aye, my mate is coming, and maybe bringing his friend Tony too - you're welcome to
    > >convoy! Thing is, we're gonna have to figure the route too ',;~}
    >
    > Have autoroute 2003 will figure :)

    Sweet.

    > will post again later to get a rough area of Black burm to meet you guys at.

    No probs.

    > Howard - off out on a night ride "baaa, I think that bump was a sheep"

    Or a shepheard......

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  15. bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > I initially said 11am - thus giving people enough time to travel. Can change it if you want - I'm
    > no longer having to drive up from Luton, so am less bothered. Probably Huw should determine the
    > time as I think he's got the furthest to travel.

    Well, 11am should be doable. I'll be travelling from Bristol with Chequer. I reckon it's probably
    about 2.5 hours from Bristol to Nantmawr, so if I get to Bristol Parkway for 8:30am then we should
    be able to make it for 11-ish, possibly a tad later.

    Perhaps we should have a grand e-mailing round of mobile numbers before the event in case anyone
    gets hopelessly lost or is running late?