UK a.m-b photos

Bomba

Guest
Well, I've finally made it back to Germany, only 24 hours later than I'd anticipated...

I'm sure you're all fed up of RR's by now, but just a couple of points.

The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b. This
works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that in real life ;~)

Why people would pay four quid to go to Nantmawr is beyond me. And that's coming from someone with
more jump and dh tendencies than everyone else. However, it was amusing to see the jump monkeys who
were mostly ****.

I've noticed that others have complained about the lack of riding, but who went round for the final
loop? Wusses, the lot of you.

A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot.
With any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session
down the pub.

Photos: http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.html - the contrast between the UK and US meets is
quite astounding...

Im all for having an a.m-b meet somewhere this summer. Accommodation is a good idea too,
getting down there, riding, drinking, smoking and coming back home may be a bit too much to fit
into one day.

Small Black Dog

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> bomba wrote:
>
> > Well, I've finally made it back to Germany, only 24 hours later than I'd anticipated...
> >
> > I'm sure you're all fed up of RR's by now, but just a couple of points.
> >
> > The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b.
> > This works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that in real
> > life ;~)
> >
> > Why people would pay four quid to go to Nantmawr is beyond me. And that's coming from someone
> > with more jump and dh tendencies than everyone else. However, it was amusing to see the jump
> > monkeys who were mostly ****.
> >
> > I've noticed that others have complained about the lack of riding, but who went round for the
> > final loop? Wusses, the lot of you.
> >
> > A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot.
> > With any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session
> > down the pub.
> >
> > Photos: http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.html - the contrast between the UK and US meets
> > is quite astounding...
>
> Cool Pics and RR all... Questions/comments... Questions first: What the hell is Rimmer rolling in
> pub? Comments: Hearing that Rimmer is like that in real life... Well...see question above ;-P
>
> Very Nice
>
> Jimbo(san)

I was going to ask the same thing! I think their laws are a little more lenient about such things.
Twist 'em up! (from a guy who finds enough to twist is usually too much)

Matt

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:25:04 +0000, Pete Jones did issue forth:

> You drove three hours to ride around a field?

He was the lucky one. It took me four hours.

Still, we had fun. Next time we'll make sure it's something that's more our style though.

> Well, I've finally made it back to Germany, only 24 hours later than I'd anticipated...
>
> I'm sure you're all fed up of RR's by now, but just a couple of points.
>
> The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b.
> This works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that in real
> life ;~)
>
> Why people would pay four quid to go to Nantmawr is beyond me. And that's coming from someone with
> more jump and dh tendencies than everyone else. However, it was amusing to see the jump monkeys
> who were mostly ****.
>
> I've noticed that others have complained about the lack of riding, but who went round for the
> final loop? Wusses, the lot of you.
>
> A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot. With
> any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session down
> the pub.
>
> Photos: http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.html - the contrast between the UK and US meets is
> quite astounding...

Bad link???

Bill "got to your homepage but couldn't find Nantmawr stuff" S.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:16:15 +0100, bomba did issue forth:

> The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b.
> This works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that in real
> life ;~)

Yup. I'll second that, I think this picture really says a lot about Shaun:

http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/P1010009.JPG

> A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot. With
> any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session down
> the pub.

Yeah, what was that all about? Only one pint?

> Photos: http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.html - the contrast between the UK and US meets is
> quite astounding...

http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.htm surely?

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:16:15 +0100, bomba did issue forth:
|
| > The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b.
| > This works to most people's advantage, and
yes,
| > it means that Shaun really is like that in real life ;~)
|
| Yup. I'll second that, I think this picture really says a lot about Shaun:
|
| http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/P1010009.JPG

Damn. I had NO idea he was so famous. Did you get an autograph?

http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo/bean/beanwww.jpg

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

Huw Pritchard wrote:

>>The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b.
>>This works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that in real
>>life ;~)
>

> Yup. I'll second that, I think this picture really says a lot about Shaun:
>
> http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/P1010009.JPG

I know what you mean...

>>A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot. With
>>any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session down
>>the pub.
>

> Yeah, what was that all about? Only one pint?

A bit tricky when you're faced with a three hour drive home...

>>Photos: http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.html - the contrast between the UK and US meets is
>>quite astounding...
>

> http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.htm surely?

Um, yeah. I'll go and sit in the corner and put on the 'special' hat.

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> news:[email protected]...
> | On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:16:15 +0100, bomba did issue forth:
> |
> | > The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a
myth
> | > when it comes to a.m-b. This works to most people's advantage, and
> yes,
> | > it means that Shaun really is like that in real life ;~)
> |
> | Yup. I'll second that, I think this picture really says a lot about Shaun:
> |
> | http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/P1010009.JPG
>
> Damn. I had NO idea he was so famous. Did you get an autograph?
>
> http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo/bean/beanwww.jpg
>

> --
> Pete Fagerlin
>
> Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing.

Lance

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:48:14 +0100, bomba did issue forth:

>> Yeah, what was that all about? Only one pint?
>
> A bit tricky when you're faced with a three hour drive home...

Mind you, I was asleep by the time we got to Oswestry. Got woken up by a frantic Adam who announced
that he'd been round the last two roundabouts several times now, and that he needed me to navigate.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:16:15 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, I've finally made it back to Germany, only 24 hours later than I'd anticipated...
>
>I'm sure you're all fed up of RR's by now, but just a couple of points.
>
>The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to
>a.m-b. This works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that
>in real life ;~)
>
>Why people would pay four quid to go to Nantmawr is beyond me. And that's coming from someone with
>more jump and dh tendencies than everyone else. However, it was amusing to see the jump monkeys who
>were mostly ****.
>
>I've noticed that others have complained about the lack of riding, but who went round for the final
>loop? Wusses, the lot of you.
>
>A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot.
>With any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session
>down the pub.
>
>Photos: http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.html - the contrast between the UK and US meets is
>quite astounding...

Nice, feel like I'm missing out.

:-]

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:35:25 +0000, jimbo(san) did issue forth:

> What the hell is Rimmer rolling in pub?

It was just a standard rollie, nothing dodgy as far as my nose could make out.