UK a.m-b photos

> Well, I've finally made it back to Germany, only 24 hours later than I'd anticipated...

Bugger. What kept ya?

Welcome back ',;~}

> I'm sure you're all fed up of RR's by now, but just a couple of points.
>
> The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b.
> This works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that in real
> life ;~)

Heheheh, yeah, errmm, well, what can I say, uhhh, feck, rumbled.......

> Why people would pay four quid to go to Nantmawr is beyond me. And that's coming from someone with
> more jump and dh tendencies than everyone else. However, it was amusing to see the jump monkeys
> who were mostly ****.
>
> I've noticed that others have complained about the lack of riding, but who went round for the
> final loop? Wusses, the lot of you.
>
> A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot. With
> any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session down
> the pub.
>
> Photos: http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.html - the contrast between the UK and US meets is
> quite astounding...

Cheers!

Shaun aRe - damn that photoshop.......

Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:16:15 +0100, bomba did issue forth:
>
> > The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b.
> > This works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that in real
> > life ;~)
>
> Yup. I'll second that, I think this picture really says a lot about Shaun:

Heh, yeah, too many pain meds........ ',;~}

> http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/P1010009.JPG
>
> > A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot.
> > With any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session
> > down the pub.
>
> Yeah, what was that all about? Only one pint?

Speak fer yerself - I had two....

Later Huw!

Shaun aRe

jimbo(san) <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> bomba wrote:
>
> > Well, I've finally made it back to Germany, only 24 hours later than I'd anticipated...
> >
> > I'm sure you're all fed up of RR's by now, but just a couple of points.
> >
> > The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a myth when it comes to a.m-b.
> > This works to most people's advantage, and yes, it means that Shaun really is like that in real
> > life ;~)
> >
> > Why people would pay four quid to go to Nantmawr is beyond me. And that's coming from someone
> > with more jump and dh tendencies than everyone else. However, it was amusing to see the jump
> > monkeys who were mostly ****.
> >
> > I've noticed that others have complained about the lack of riding, but who went round for the
> > final loop? Wusses, the lot of you.
> >
> > A top day - hopefully, we'll get to do something similar in the summer at a top riding spot.
> > With any luck, we can sort out some accomodation for those interested and have a proper session
> > down the pub.
> >
> > Photos: http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/index.html - the contrast between the UK and US meets
> > is quite astounding...
>
> Cool Pics and RR all... Questions/comments... Questions first: What the hell is Rimmer rolling in
> pub? Comments: Hearing that Rimmer is like that in real life... Well...see question above ;-P
>
> Very Nice

Heheheheh! It was bloody Golden Virginia tobacco (with filter tip of course) FFS! You folks that
think drugs are necessary to be 'a bit daft' crack me up! ',;~}

Shaun aRe

P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> news:[email protected]...
> | On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:16:15 +0100, bomba did issue forth:
> |
> | > The idea of people hiding behind an Internet persona seems to be a
myth
> | > when it comes to a.m-b. This works to most people's advantage, and
> yes,
> | > it means that Shaun really is like that in real life ;~)
> |
> | Yup. I'll second that, I think this picture really says a lot about Shaun:
> |
> | http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/P1010009.JPG
>
> Damn. I had NO idea he was so famous. Did you get an autograph?
>
> http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo/bean/beanwww.jpg

Shaun aRe ',;~P`````````

Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:48:14 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> blathered:
>
> >> http://j-harris.net/bike/nantmawr/
>
> >> Yeah, what was that all about? Only one pint?
> >
> >A bit tricky when you're faced with a three hour drive home...
>
> You drove three hours to ride around a field?

No, we drove (however long) to meet up with fellow a.m-b'ers. Better riding would have been good
(well, I woulda had to **** out after about 10 miles as it turned out), but it was excellent to be
able to just meet in person with those folks and talk the talk.

Shaun aRe

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:20:37 +0000, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:

> Heheheheh - I wish, prolly woulda done me more good than those fecking uselarse pills.

Did the Doc have anything worthwhile to say about it?

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Well, I've finally made it back to Germany, only 24 hours later than I'd anticipated...
> >

> > Bugger. What kept ya?
>
> Traffic jam and subsequently getting lost whilst trying to cut cross-country meant I missed
> my flight.

Oh feck - sorry ya got stuck Jon! Can you read a map?

',;~}

Shaun aRe

Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:19:19 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> blathered:

> >> You drove three hours to ride around a field?
>
> >No, we drove (however long) to meet up with fellow a.m-b'ers. it was excellent to be able to just
> >meet in person with those folks and talk the talk.
>
> I trust the repartee was of a higher standard than that I've seen on here.

Heh, of a higher standard than any 'repartee' you've contributed here, ya gret daft lump.

',;~P```````

Shaun aRe

Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:20:37 +0000, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:
>
> > Heheheheh - I wish, prolly woulda done me more good than those fecking uselarse pills.
>
> Did the Doc have anything worthwhile to say about it?

No, not really. He did the prodding, messing about and asking questions stuff, then said "It's not
*skeletal, you haven't got a slipped disc, it's not *cartilaginous, you have no *spinal alignment
problems, and it's not *neural". *(I had to provide him with the words and phrases (even though he'd
covered most of it already with the prompted 'skeletal'), he kept saying "It's not uuhhmm ahhh, to
do with errrmmm", heh...).

He then went on to say it was the ligaments that run vertically up the outside of the spine between
vertebrae, and that even though I didn't recall it, that it would be trauma related, but a delayed
reaction, as in 'whiplash'. He prescribed me stronger painkillers, told me to go swimming and
partake of gentle walking exercise. Also, to keep stretching and flexing it within my pain threshold
limitations.

I'm not convinced, as the pain does not increase if I move in a way that stretches the spine (hence
stretching the ligaments, only if it is compressed directly, which would not affect 'tensile'
ligaments. It feels more like inflammation around a nerve bundle or some-such to me, but I'm only a
layman trying to implement logic, so I'm not banking on that, either.

The pills made me high as a kite very quickly, and only started to ease the pain slightly after some
time. They made me very nauseous (synthetic chemical, but molecularly an opiate), and after a few
hours later, I vomited heavily. By last night, my back was hurting quite a lot, and the only effect
of the pills by then, was to reduce my ability to ignore pain/made me
psychologically and emotionally weaker in regard to it. I got a lift into work from Kath's this
morning, because there was no way I could have handled the 4 mile constant uphill part of the 6
mile ride in.

I have a weekend away coming up, after that, if the situation has not improved, I'll be doing
something else about it for sure. I have never _felt_ so debilitated in my life, not even when I had
my leg smashed up (at least I could get around on crutches without excessive pain, and often walked
7 or 8 miles on them, and even climbed a little). I hate this, and really feel for the people who
have much more severe, and regularly recurring back problems.

Thanks for asking Huw, sorry for going on so much!

',;~}

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> I have a weekend away coming up, after that, if the situation has not improved, I'll be doing
> something else about it for sure. I have never _felt_ so debilitated in my life, not even when I
> had my leg smashed up (at least I could get around on crutches without excessive pain, and often
> walked 7 or 8 miles on them, and even climbed a little). I hate this, and really feel for the
> people who have much more severe, and regularly recurring back problems.

http://www.mctimoney-chiropractic.org/

It'll cost you, but it's worth it.

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Traffic jam and subsequently getting lost whilst trying to cut cross-country meant I missed my
> >>flight.
> >>

> > Oh feck - sorry ya got stuck Jon! Can you read a map?
>
> Didn't have a decent map.

Sue the bastards!

',;~}

Shaun aRe

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > I have a weekend away coming up, after that, if the situation has not improved, I'll be doing
> > something else about it for sure. I have never _felt_ so debilitated in my life, not even when I
> > had my leg smashed up
(at
> > least I could get around on crutches without excessive pain, and often walked 7 or 8 miles on
> > them, and even climbed a little). I hate this,
and
> > really feel for the people who have much more severe, and regularly recurring back problems.
>
> http://www.mctimoney-chiropractic.org/
>
> It'll cost you, but it's worth it.

Cheers Jon - it's in my favourites folder.

Shaun aRe - feeling untypical sorry for himself, heheheh... ',;~}

> Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:20:37 +0000, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:
> >
> > > Heheheheh - I wish, prolly woulda done me more good than those fecking uselarse pills.
> >
> > Did the Doc have anything worthwhile to say about it?
>
> No, not really. He did the prodding, messing about and asking questions stuff, then said "It's not
> *skeletal, you haven't got a slipped disc, it's not *cartilaginous, you have no *spinal alignment
> problems, and it's not *neural". *(I had to provide him with the words and phrases (even though
> he'd covered most of it already with the prompted 'skeletal'), he kept saying "It's not uuhhmm
> ahhh, to do with errrmmm", heh...).
>
> He then went on to say it was the ligaments that run vertically up the outside of the spine
> between vertebrae, and that even though I didn't
recall
> it, that it would be trauma related, but a delayed reaction, as in 'whiplash'. He prescribed me
> stronger painkillers, told me to go swimming and partake of gentle walking exercise. Also, to keep
> stretching and
flexing
> it within my pain threshold limitations.
>
> I'm not convinced, as the pain does not increase if I move in a way that stretches the spine
> (hence stretching the ligaments, only if it is compressed directly, which would not affect
> 'tensile' ligaments. It feels more like inflammation around a nerve bundle or some-such to me, but
> I'm only a layman trying to implement logic, so I'm not banking on that,
either.

> The pills made me high as a kite very quickly, and only started to ease
the
> pain slightly after some time. They made me very nauseous (synthetic chemical, but molecularly an
> opiate), and after a few hours later, I
vomited
> heavily. By last night, my back was hurting quite a lot, and the only
effect
> of the pills by then, was to reduce my ability to ignore pain/made me
> psychologically and emotionally weaker in regard to it. I got a lift into work from Kath's this
> morning, because there was no way I could have
handled
> the 4 mile constant uphill part of the 6 mile ride in.
>
> I have a weekend away coming up, after that, if the situation has not improved, I'll be doing
> something else about it for sure. I have never _felt_ so debilitated in my life, not even when I
> had my leg smashed up
(at
> least I could get around on crutches without excessive pain, and often walked 7 or 8 miles on
> them, and even climbed a little). I hate this, and really feel for the people who have much more
> severe, and regularly recurring back problems.
>
> Thanks for asking Huw, sorry for going on so much!
>
> ',;~}
>
> Shaun aRe

My back problem finally subsided after using the traction device the orthopedic surgeon gave me. But
it took time. The family practice doc I went to initially was no help, gave me some Vicodin which
made me sick to my stomach too and jittery. I've never felt pain like that and nothing would touch
it except beer. No kidding! I guess it relaxed the muscles that were pinching the nerve and
disconected the signals to my brain. Just want to say I feel for you Bro and hope you find a quick
resolution to your back problem.

Mike

> No, not really. He did the prodding, messing about and asking questions stuff, then said "It's not
> *skeletal, you haven't got a slipped disc, it's not *cartilaginous, you have no *spinal alignment
> problems, and it's not *neural". *(I had to provide him with the words and phrases (even though
> he'd covered most of it already with the prompted 'skeletal'), he kept saying "It's not uuhhmm
> ahhh, to do with errrmmm", heh...).
>
> He then went on to say it was the ligaments that run vertically up the outside of the spine
> between vertebrae, and that even though I didn't
recall
> it, that it would be trauma related, but a delayed reaction, as in 'whiplash'. He prescribed me
> stronger painkillers, told me to go swimming and partake of gentle walking exercise. Also, to keep
> stretching and
flexing
> it within my pain threshold limitations.
>
> I'm not convinced, as the pain does not increase if I move in a way that stretches the spine
> (hence stretching the ligaments, only if it is compressed directly, which would not affect
> 'tensile' ligaments. It feels more like inflammation around a nerve bundle or some-such to me, but
> I'm only a layman trying to implement logic, so I'm not banking on that,
either.

> The pills made me high as a kite very quickly, and only started to ease
the
> pain slightly after some time. They made me very nauseous (synthetic chemical, but molecularly an
> opiate), and after a few hours later, I
vomited
> heavily. By last night, my back was hurting quite a lot, and the only
effect
> of the pills by then, was to reduce my ability to ignore pain/made me
> psychologically and emotionally weaker in regard to it. I got a lift into work from Kath's this
> morning, because there was no way I could have
handled
> the 4 mile constant uphill part of the 6 mile ride in.
>
> I have a weekend away coming up, after that, if the situation has not improved, I'll be doing
> something else about it for sure. I have never _felt_ so debilitated in my life, not even when I
> had my leg smashed up
(at
> least I could get around on crutches without excessive pain, and often walked 7 or 8 miles on
> them, and even climbed a little). I hate this, and really feel for the people who have much more
> severe, and regularly recurring back problems.
>
> Thanks for asking Huw, sorry for going on so much!
>
> ',;~}
>
> Shaun aRe

**** man, sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get somethin sorted out soon

Small (pass the spliff to Shaun) Black Dog

Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > I have a weekend away coming up, after that, if the situation has not improved, I'll be doing
> > something else about it for sure. I have never _felt_ so debilitated in my life, not even when I
> > had my leg smashed up
> (at
> > least I could get around on crutches without excessive pain, and often walked 7 or 8 miles on
> > them, and even climbed a little). I hate this,
and
> > really feel for the people who have much more severe, and regularly recurring back problems.
> >
> > Thanks for asking Huw, sorry for going on so much!
> >
> > ',;~}
> >
> > Shaun aRe
> >

> My back problem finally subsided after using the traction device the orthopedic surgeon gave me.
> But it took time. The family practice doc I went to initially was no help, gave me some Vicodin
> which made me sick to
my
> stomach too and jittery. I've never felt pain like that and nothing would touch it except beer. No
> kidding! I guess it relaxed the muscles that
were
> pinching the nerve and disconected the signals to my brain.

"Hmmm, beer - the cause of and solution to all of life's problems" (para).

Yup, I find it's an excellent pain killer too ',;~}

> Just want to say I feel for you Bro and hope you find a quick resolution to your back problem.

Cheers Mike! It's bugging me more than anything - I'm walking around like a cross between Robo-cop
and an old guy (no offence dude!) ',;~}

This is proving highly amusing to some folks, mind, so there is something positive come of
it.....heheheheh....

The pain isn't what I would call very 'severe', not by a long shot (compared to some of the ****
I've felt...), but it's persistent and therefore very wearing. That, and the effect of the
painkillers is making me feel uncharacteristically 'wimpish', which is pissing me off even more
(normally, no one knows I was even in (bad) pain until it's already long gone. Yeah, that's right,
I'm tough as hell! Heheheheh...).

Glad yours eased up!

Cheers again - I been looking for something to hang upside down by the legs from ',;~}