UK based websites that offer decent deals

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tom, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    As with all MTB stuff its extremely expensive - my bike is worth more than my car, work that
    out. Can anyone give a good example of a website that offers good value for money with a good
    range in the UK?

    Cheers, Tom

    Tags:

  2. Fred Fragger

    Fred Fragger Guest

  3. "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]r.ntli.net>...
    > "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > As with all MTB stuff its extremely expensive - my bike is worth more than my car, work that
    > > out. Can anyone give a good example of a website that offers good value for money with a good
    > > range in the UK?
    > >
    > > Cheers, Tom
    > >

    > http://www.wheelies.co.uk http://www.bonthronebikes.com/ http://www.bikedock.com
    > http://www.evanscycles.com/
    >
    > Can't vouch for any of them based on personal experience though.
    >
    > Later
    >
    > Fred

    www.wiggle.co.uk seem to have some good prices but given my relationship with my lbs (JD's Bicycle
    Workshop Ilkley) I have no experience of using them.

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  5. Selwonk

    Selwonk Guest

    "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:03:40 +0000, Tom wrote:
    >
    > > As with all MTB stuff its extremely expensive - my bike is worth more
    than
    > > my car, work that out. Can anyone give a good example of a website that offers good value for
    > > money with a good range in the UK?
    >
    > http://www.chainreactioncycles.com are generally the cheapest http://www.wiggle.co.uk for the best
    > choice / price ratio

    Another vote for chain reaction, cheap prices, bagged, grey import stuff but you shouldn't pay
    for the box.

  6. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > As with all MTB stuff its extremely expensive - my bike is worth more than my car, work that
    > out. Can anyone give a good example of a website that offers good value for money with a good
    > range in the UK?

    Not Settle Not Ribble