Road Cycling · Public discussion

UK Bike Reccomendation?

Started by George Styles · · Last activity · 2 posts · 475 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
25 May 2004
Last activity
25 May 2004
Original author
George Styles
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
475
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    My Sarrason Raw (Cheap Halfords full suspension) bike is finally dying after
    about 5 years. I am looking to replace it.

    I hope bike technology has improved in the last 5 years, so am looking for
    reccomendations.

    I am after a full suspension, preferably lighter than the one I have (its
    VERY heavy). I am looking to spend around £300

    Can anyone reccomend a suitable model / store, that they have been pleased
    with?

    thanks

    George

  2. Quoted message said:

    My Sarrason Raw (Cheap Halfords full suspension) bike is finally dying after
    about 5 years. I am looking to replace it.

    I hope bike technology has improved in the last 5 years, so am looking for
    reccomendations.

    I am after a full suspension, preferably lighter than the one I have (its
    VERY heavy). I am looking to spend around £300

    Can anyone reccomend a suitable model / store, that they have been pleased
    with?

    thanks

    George

    *Not* Halfords. Seriously.

    Plus, if you want a *lightweight* full-suspension bike for £300, I think you
    are going to be disappointed. If you want to spend that sort of sum to get
    something decent, go second-hand.

    Find a decent local bike shop - what bit of the UK are you in?

    If you post over on uk.rec.cycling, you'll get lots of friendly advice and
    recommendations.

    Is all your cycling off-road, or mostly on-road or a bit of both??

    Cheers, helen s

    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
    to get correct one remove fame & fortune
    h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

    --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off--

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.