UK Dog Sodomites

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Andy Chequer, Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    Snowdon?

    I'm in..............who else?

    I'm thinking of camping over and doing some more riding the following day....

    Andy Chequer

    Tags:

  2. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:17:46 +0100, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> blathered:

    >Snowdon?
    >
    >I'm in..............who else?
    >
    >I'm thinking of camping over and doing some more riding the following day....

    Ever been up/down the Cloggy (Clogwyn D'ur Arddu) track from the west, rather than the
    Llanberis slog?

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:

    Just realised I didn't post a reply to this. Pan crashed whilst I was replying.

    > Snowdon?

    Yes. Big hill in Wales somewhere.

    > I'm in..............who else?

    Myself, aRe, Spadey, Dave and his son, and I'm guessing you know better than I do whether
    Huw's coming.

    Mule dropped out a couple of days back as he's a stag weekend to go to.

    > I'm thinking of camping over and doing some more riding the following day....

    Nice. Unfortunatley, I can't join in. I have to be back in London for 8 o'clock on Friday evening to
    meet the bird and some mates. Every time I'm back in the UK, everything has to be run like a
    friggin' military operation. I have to give friends time slots when I can meet them. Unbelievable.
    Sorry, mini rant over.

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Pete Jones wrote:

    >>Snowdon?
    >>

    > Ever been up/down the Cloggy (Clogwyn D'ur Arddu) track from the west, rather than the
    > Llanberis slog?

    More info?

    Fancy coming along Pete?

  5. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:39:12 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> blathered:

    >>>Snowdon?
    >>
    >> Ever been up/down the Cloggy (Clogwyn D'ur Arddu) track from the west, rather than the
    >> Llanberis slog?
    >
    >Fancy coming along Pete?

    No, I've tried the group thing and it's not for me.

    I'm considering an overnighter on the summit next week so I can get a clear rambler-free dawn run
    back down. I've never walked or ridden the Cloggy track so I was wondering whether it's worth doing
    compared to the main Llanberis run.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  6. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Ever been up/down the Cloggy (Clogwyn D'ur Arddu) track from the west, rather than the
    > Llanberis slog?

    Never ridden a bicycle up snowdon in my life. Yet.

    I believe Llanberis is the plan, but what's with Cloggy? Any good Pete?

    Andy Chequer

  7. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:19:21 +0100, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> blathered:

    <re: Snowdon>

    >I believe Llanberis is the plan, but what's with Cloggy? Any good Pete?

    Like I say, dunno yet. Tuesday night's looking good. I'll let you know.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  8. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Ever been up/down the Cloggy (Clogwyn D'ur Arddu) track from the west, rather than the
    > > Llanberis slog?
    >
    > Never ridden a bicycle up snowdon in my life. Yet.
    >
    > I believe Llanberis is the plan, but what's with Cloggy? Any good Pete?
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    Andy, I did it about Nov last year, up the Llanberis track, alongside the railway. Firstly, you
    don't 'ride' up it ;-)....well, not all of it anyway. I guess extreme hardcore might manage it but
    also guess that the majority of ours won't. It's a great ride down and you definitely need the
    confidence to let the brakes go and just fly. I spent the first quarter of the way down learning
    that this was the secret ;-) Can't wait and hope the weather picks up again. Hopefully hitting it on
    the Friday will significantly reduce rambler numbers. We didn't come across any on the way down last
    year, although there were a few on the way up, but that didn't really matter. They just looked at us
    like we were on a 'care in the community' day out....and it was snowing at the top last year!!
    Cheers, Dave.

  9. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:19:21 +0100, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> blathered:

    >> Ever been up/down the Cloggy (Clogwyn D'ur Arddu) track from the west, rather than the
    >> Llanberis slog?

    >I believe Llanberis is the plan, but what's with Cloggy? Any good Pete?

    I spent Tuesday night in a sleeping bag on the summit of Snowdon, hoping for a good sunrise the next
    morning. Thick hillfog rolled in overnight, unfortunately, so it wasn't to be. I left the Snowdon
    Ranger/Cloggy descent for another time when I can see it, and had a nice rattle back down the
    Llanberis track instead. It's a lot better than I remember - easy enough on the up too due to the
    low gradient for much of the way.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  10. "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:19:21 +0100, "Andy Chequer"
    > <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> blathered:
    >
    > >> Ever been up/down the Cloggy (Clogwyn D'ur Arddu) track from the west, rather than the
    > >> Llanberis slog?
    >
    > >I believe Llanberis is the plan, but what's with Cloggy? Any good Pete?
    >
    > I spent Tuesday night in a sleeping bag on the summit of Snowdon, hoping for a good sunrise the
    > next morning. Thick hillfog rolled in overnight, unfortunately, so it wasn't to be. I left the
    > Snowdon Ranger/Cloggy descent for another time when I can see it, and had a nice rattle back down
    > the Llanberis track instead. It's a lot better than I remember - easy enough on the up too due to
    > the low gradient for much of the way. Pete
    > ----

    Thanks for the update Pete, and props for bivvying it on top of Snowdon! Probably a good decision
    not to ride an unknown path down in the fog, it can be pretty treachorous from what I've heard.

    Steve.

  11. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:12:40 +0100, "spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]>
    blathered:

    >> >I believe Llanberis is the plan, but what's with Cloggy?
    >>
    >> I spent Tuesday night in a sleeping bag on the summit of Snowdon, hoping for a good sunrise the
    >> next morning. Thick hillfog rolled in overnight, unfortunately, so it wasn't to be. I left the
    >> Snowdon Ranger/Cloggy descent for another time when I can see it
    >
    >Thanks for the update Pete, and props for bivvying it on top of Snowdon! Probably a good decision
    >not to ride an unknown path down in the fog, it can be pretty treachorous from what I've heard.

    Not so much that, I just like seeing new stuff. If I wan to ride in mist and drizzle I can do it
    right here where I live anytime...

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/