uk, pumps question

Steve Watkin

Guest
I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is always the case I wasn't
interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have decided that my
compact pump has to go cos. it's bloody useless! So can you either reccomend a good compact pump
that will acheive 100psi or thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.

Thanks SW

Steve, Topeak Road Morph gets my vote. A bit bigger than a compact pump, but 100 pounds is no
problem. The built in gauge is very handy and pretty accurate. A hose with a fitting gives it the
ability to be used like a floor pump I keep mine stuffed in the space in the seatback of my Giro.
There was a thread on Bentrideronline a couple of months back. It shows up around here every 6
months or so. Denny in Sayre Pa "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is
always
> the case I wasn't interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have
> decided that
my
> compact pump has to go cos. it's bloody useless! So can you either reccomend a good compact pump
> that will acheive 100psi
or
> thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.
>
> Thanks SW

> Steve, Topeak Road Morph gets my vote.

Mine too. I have one mounted horizontally behind the seat on my Giro on a piece of flat bar stock
aluminum attached to the bottom W/B bolts.

On my Lightning, it is strapped under the front of the seat.

> I keep mine stuffed in the space in the seatback of my Giro.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Steve Watkin" skrev ...
> I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is always the case I wasn't
> interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have decided that my
> compact pump has to go cos. it's bloody useless! So can you either reccomend a good compact pump
> that will acheive 100psi or thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.

I use a Sigma Sport Lambda Jet w. analog manometer.

M.

I have this : http://www.zefal.com/anglais/produits/26.html

It took a bit getting used to, but it does the job and has brackets fitting the bottle holder. Many
strokes needed to reach 100+ psi (small volume pump)

Torben

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is
always
> the case I wasn't interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have
> decided that
my
> compact pump has to go cos. it's bloody useless! So can you either reccomend a good compact pump
> that will acheive 100psi
or
> thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.
>
> Thanks SW

> I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is always the case I wasn't
> interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have decided that my
> compact pump has to go cos. it's bloody useless! So can you either reccomend a good compact pump
> that will acheive 100psi or thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.
>
> Thanks SW

Get one of those CO2 inflators. IMHO worth every penny for roadside inflation.

In article <[email protected]>, John says...

>No experience with it, but this looks interesting:
>
>http://www.minifootpump.com/
>
>John Riley

That does look interesting. I was thinking about it for my wife, who has a hell of a time getting up
to 120 psi with a hand pump, even the floor versions. Only 9 oz weight (255 g) too. Assuming it
works, the biggest downside would seem to be the bulk, as the thing sure isn't going to fit along
your top tube!

Steve Christensen