uk, pumps question

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Watkin

I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is always the case I wasn't
interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have decided that my
compact pump has to go cos. it's bloody useless! So can you either reccomend a good compact pump
that will acheive 100psi or thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.

Thanks SW

Steve, Topeak Road Morph gets my vote. A bit bigger than a compact pump, but 100 pounds is no
problem. The built in gauge is very handy and pretty accurate. A hose with a fitting gives it the
ability to be used like a floor pump I keep mine stuffed in the space in the seatback of my Giro.
There was a thread on Bentrideronline a couple of months back. It shows up around here every 6
months or so. Denny in Sayre Pa "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is
always
> the case I wasn't interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have
> decided that
my
> compact pump has to go cos. it's bloody useless! So can you either reccomend a good compact pump
> that will acheive 100psi
or
> thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.
>
> Thanks SW

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> Steve, Topeak Road Morph gets my vote.

Mine too. I have one mounted horizontally behind the seat on my Giro on a piece of flat bar stock
aluminum attached to the bottom W/B bolts.

On my Lightning, it is strapped under the front of the seat.

> I keep mine stuffed in the space in the seatback of my Giro.
>

--
Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Steve Watkin" skrev ...
> I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is always the case I wasn't
> interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have decided that my
> compact pump has to go cos. it's bloody useless! So can you either reccomend a good compact pump
> that will acheive 100psi or thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.

I use a Sigma Sport Lambda Jet w. analog manometer.

M.

I have this : http://www.zefal.com/anglais/produits/26.html

It took a bit getting used to, but it does the job and has brackets fitting the bottle holder. Many
strokes needed to reach 100+ psi (small volume pump)

Torben

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is
always
> the case I wasn't interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have
> decided that
my
> that will acheive 100psi
or
> thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.
>
> Thanks SW

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I seem to remember this, or a similar thread some time ago but as is always the case I wasn't
> interested then! But now after trying to fix a puncture a few days ago I have decided that my
> that will acheive 100psi or thereabouts to carry on my bike or point me to the relavent thread.
>
> Thanks SW
>
Get one of those CO2 inflators. IMHO worth every penny for roadside inflation.

In article <[email protected]>, John says...
>
>No experience with it, but this looks interesting:
>
>http://www.minifootpump.com/
>
>John Riley

That does look interesting. I was thinking about it for my wife, who has a hell of a time getting up
to 120 psi with a hand pump, even the floor versions. Only 9 oz weight (255 g) too. Assuming it
works, the biggest downside would seem to be the bulk, as the thing sure isn't going to fit along
your top tube!

Steve Christensen

Status
Not open for further replies.