uk.rec.walking down the pan

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Tahir, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Tahir

    Tahir Guest

    Hello,

    I've been lurking in uk.rec.walking for many weeks now and thought it = time to speak up.

    Though speaking up is not going to be easy with all the small minded, = ego maniacal, loud mouthed
    losers that there are in this group. You know = and we all know who you are.

    I suppose I should defecate into uk.rec.walking an open sewer it is = attended only by those that
    are full of it.

    Best Regards, hope you sort it out or abandon it, Caroline.

    Tags:

  2. Jiffy

    Jiffy Guest

    When replying to this drivel, your reply goes to alt.peace not to this group unless you change the
    FUs (Follow Ups).

    Cheers, Jiffy

  3. Moggycat

    Moggycat Guest

    Hello folks, sorry to intrude - the "down the pan" thing has been posted to dozens of newsgroups,
    all the replies are ending up at alt.peace.

    "sandy saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    glfd.server.ntli.net>...
    > I've been lurking in uk.rec.walking for many weeks now and thought it time to speak up.
    >
    > Though speaking up is not going to be easy with all the small minded, ego maniacal, loud mouthed
    > losers that there are in this group. You know and we all know who you are.
    >
    > I suppose I should defecate into uk.rec.walking an open sewer it is attended only by those that
    > are full of it.
    >
    > Best Regards, hope you sort it out or abandon it, Caroline.
    >
    > Good morning Caroline.......... and hope you have a better day!

  4. [email protected] (Moggycat) writes:

    And some of the posters belong to an organisation called something like the "association of
    newsgroup moderators". Looks like they might be trawling (or trolling) for support for group
    moderation.

    >Hello folks, sorry to intrude - the "down the pan" thing has been posted to dozens of newsgroups,
    >all the replies are ending up at alt.peace.

    >"sandy saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    >glfd.server.ntli.net>...

    >> I've been lurking in uk.rec.walking for many weeks now and thought it time to speak up.
    >>
    >> Though speaking up is not going to be easy with all the small minded, ego maniacal, loud mouthed
    >> losers that there are in this group. You know and we all know who you are.
    >>
    >> I suppose I should defecate into uk.rec.walking an open sewer it is attended only by those that
    >> are full of it.
    >>
    >> Best Regards, hope you sort it out or abandon it, Caroline.
    >>
    >> Good morning Caroline.......... and hope you have a better day!
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

  5. In article <[email protected]>, Chris Malcolm <[email protected]> writes

    >And some of the posters belong to an organisation called something like the "association of
    >newsgroup moderators". Looks like they might be trawling (or trolling) for support for group
    >moderation.

    The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible newsreader,
    you can put whatever you like in there.
    --
    Stewart Robert Hinsley

  6. >The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible newsreader,
    >you can put whatever you like in there.

    I think you'll find that's not true

  7. In article <[email protected]>, Simon Caldwell
    <[email protected]> writes
    >>The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible
    >>newsreader, you can put whatever you like in there.
    >
    >I think you'll find that's not true

    When I accessed News using the KA9Q newsreader I was able to edit the organisation line. (If you can
    find an old enough post of mine, it says, IIRC, "Organisation: independent poster".)
    --
    Stewart Robert Hinsley

  8. Rj Webb

    Rj Webb Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:29:31 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Chris
    Malcolm) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Moggycat) writes:
    >
    >And some of the posters belong to an organisation called something like the "association of
    >newsgroup moderators". Looks like they might be trawling (or trolling) for support for group
    >moderation.

    Is it the usual bunch of tossers?

    Richard Webb

  9. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:18:16 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Simon Caldwell
    ><[email protected]> writes
    >>>The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible
    >>>newsreader, you can put whatever you like in there.
    >>
    >>I think you'll find that's not true
    >>
    >When I accessed News using the KA9Q newsreader I was able to edit the organisation line. (If you
    >can find an old enough post of mine, it says, IIRC, "Organisation: independent poster".)

    Go have a look at my headers for a comment which is true.

  10. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:18:16 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
    <{$news$}@meden.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >When I accessed News using the KA9Q newsreader I was able to edit the organisation line. (If you
    >can find an old enough post of mine, it says, IIRC, "Organisation: independent poster".)

    Sorry, I forgot the smiley, check the headers on my earlier post ;-)

  11. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > >The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible
    > >newsreader, you can put whatever you like in there.
    >
    > I think you'll find that's not true

    I don't see why on earth not - I can customise my headers for individual groups using Gravity; can't
    you do the same with Agent?
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.

  12. On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:40:43 -0000, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I don't see why on earth not - I can customise my headers for individual groups using Gravity;
    >can't you do the same with Agent?

    I was obviously being too subtle :-|