uk.rec.walking down the pan

Tahir

Guest
Hello,

I've been lurking in uk.rec.walking for many weeks now and thought it = time to speak up.

Though speaking up is not going to be easy with all the small minded, = ego maniacal, loud mouthed
losers that there are in this group. You know = and we all know who you are.

I suppose I should defecate into uk.rec.walking an open sewer it is = attended only by those that
are full of it.

Best Regards, hope you sort it out or abandon it, Caroline.

When replying to this drivel, your reply goes to alt.peace not to this group unless you change the
FUs (Follow Ups).

Cheers, Jiffy

Hello folks, sorry to intrude - the "down the pan" thing has been posted to dozens of newsgroups,
all the replies are ending up at alt.peace.

"sandy saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Xr0Vb.710$cb7.5046@newsfep4-
glfd.server.ntli.net>...
> I've been lurking in uk.rec.walking for many weeks now and thought it time to speak up.
>
> Though speaking up is not going to be easy with all the small minded, ego maniacal, loud mouthed
> losers that there are in this group. You know and we all know who you are.
>
> I suppose I should defecate into uk.rec.walking an open sewer it is attended only by those that
> are full of it.
>
> Best Regards, hope you sort it out or abandon it, Caroline.
>
> Good morning Caroline.......... and hope you have a better day!

[email protected] (Moggycat) writes:

And some of the posters belong to an organisation called something like the "association of
newsgroup moderators". Looks like they might be trawling (or trolling) for support for group
moderation.

>Hello folks, sorry to intrude - the "down the pan" thing has been posted to dozens of newsgroups,
>all the replies are ending up at alt.peace.

>"sandy saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Xr0Vb.710$cb7.5046@newsfep4-
>glfd.server.ntli.net>...

>> I've been lurking in uk.rec.walking for many weeks now and thought it time to speak up.
>>
>> Though speaking up is not going to be easy with all the small minded, ego maniacal, loud mouthed
>> losers that there are in this group. You know and we all know who you are.
>>
>> I suppose I should defecate into uk.rec.walking an open sewer it is attended only by those that
>> are full of it.
>>
>> Best Regards, hope you sort it out or abandon it, Caroline.
>>
>> Good morning Caroline.......... and hope you have a better day!
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

In article <[email protected]>, Chris Malcolm <[email protected]> writes

>And some of the posters belong to an organisation called something like the "association of
>newsgroup moderators". Looks like they might be trawling (or trolling) for support for group
>moderation.

The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible newsreader,
you can put whatever you like in there.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

>The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible newsreader,
>you can put whatever you like in there.

I think you'll find that's not true

In article <[email protected]>, Simon Caldwell
<[email protected]> writes
>>The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible
>>newsreader, you can put whatever you like in there.
>
>I think you'll find that's not true

When I accessed News using the KA9Q newsreader I was able to edit the organisation line. (If you can
find an old enough post of mine, it says, IIRC, "Organisation: independent poster".)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:29:31 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Chris
Malcolm) wrote:

>[email protected] (Moggycat) writes:
>
>And some of the posters belong to an organisation called something like the "association of
>newsgroup moderators". Looks like they might be trawling (or trolling) for support for group
>moderation.

Is it the usual bunch of tossers?

Richard Webb

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:18:16 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Simon Caldwell
><[email protected]> writes
>>>The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible
>>>newsreader, you can put whatever you like in there.
>>
>>I think you'll find that's not true
>>
>When I accessed News using the KA9Q newsreader I was able to edit the organisation line. (If you
>can find an old enough post of mine, it says, IIRC, "Organisation: independent poster".)

Go have a look at my headers for a comment which is true.

<{$news$}@meden.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>When I accessed News using the KA9Q newsreader I was able to edit the organisation line. (If you
>can find an old enough post of mine, it says, IIRC, "Organisation: independent poster".)

Sorry, I forgot the smiley, check the headers on my earlier post ;-)

[email protected] said...
> >The organisation line in message headers is meaningless - given a sufficiently flexible
> >newsreader, you can put whatever you like in there.
>
> I think you'll find that's not true

I don't see why on earth not - I can customise my headers for individual groups using Gravity; can't
you do the same with Agent?
--
Fran If you need my email address please ask.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:40:43 -0000, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

>I don't see why on earth not - I can customise my headers for individual groups using Gravity;
>can't you do the same with Agent?

I was obviously being too subtle :-|