UK weather:

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's more,
    it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta work, still,
    supposed to be a good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - Should be sunning myself on a nice ride instead of working........

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta work,
    > still, supposed to be a good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~
    >

    > Shaun aRe - Should be sunning myself on a nice ride instead of working........

    Its approaching 80 here today too. Going to be 70ish tomorrow... and then mid 30s Thursday. yes,
    30's. Good ol' New England...

    Jon Bond and yes, I am going for a ride in a couple hours

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta work,
    > still, supposed to be a good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~
    >

    > Shaun aRe - Should be sunning myself on a nice ride instead of working........

    It's like that here too. I wanted to trade in some of that overtime and hit the trails, but
    typically, everything went tits up when I wanted to leave.

  4. > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta work,
    > still, supposed to be a good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~
    >

    > Shaun aRe - Should be sunning myself on a nice ride instead of working........

    Feh, excellent. Hopefully we'll be sharing the same nice weather up here. Time to smoke a bowl and
    go riding I think :)

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta
    > > work, still, supposed to be
    > > good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe - Should be sunning myself on a nice ride instead of working........
    >
    > It's like that here too.

    All goodly then! Just can't beleive it for mid April.....maybe it's because it's 6 months to the day
    since Kath and I first exchanged E-mails? Heheheheh............

    > I wanted to trade in some of that overtime and hit the trails, but typically, everything went tits
    > up when I wanted to leave.

    Yeah, If I'd had more notice it was gonna be like this, I'd have booked a day - just found some
    bloody _fantastic_ riding trails I'm dying to explore 5 miles from our door, up Longridge Fells way,
    Forest of Bowland, just above Kemple End.

    Shaun aRe

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta
    > > work, still, supposed to be
    > > good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe - Should be sunning myself on a nice ride instead of working........
    >
    > Feh, excellent.

    Indeed dude!

    > Hopefully we'll be sharing the same nice weather up here. Time to smoke a bowl and go riding I
    > think :)

    Dog

    Same here, even when I'm not baked.

    Shaun aRe - Born to be in the sun.

  7. John G

    John G Guest

    Jonathan Bond wrote:
    > Its approaching 80 here today too. Going to be 70ish tomorrow... and then mid 30s Thursday. yes,
    > 30's. Good ol' New England...

    Gotta love it!-)

    > Jon Bond and yes, I am going for a ride in a couple hours

    I wish I could.... but today is my running day.

  8. On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:20:35 +0000, Jonathan Bond did issue forth:

    > mid 30s Thursday. yes, 30's. Good ol' New England...

    30s? Blimey, definately shorts and t-shirt weather.

    We are talking in celcius, aren't we?

  9. On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:16:00 +0100, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:

    > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta work,
    > still, supposed to be a good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~

    Looking good. Got the rest of the week commuting in lovely sunshine, and the weekend should be sun
    with some cloud, just right for a good bit of riding.

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta
    > > work, still, supposed to be
    > > good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe - Should be sunning myself on a nice ride instead of working........
    >
    > Feh, excellent. Hopefully we'll be sharing the same nice weather up here. Time to smoke a bowl and
    > go riding I think :)

    Dog

    Hope you have a nice holiday Sunday SBD!

    Mike - 4/20, and after the damage of 4/15 I could use a little holiday myself! ;^|

  11. Si Davies

    Si Davies Guest

    bloody awful weather if you ask me - meant to be at home revising for up coming exams and suddenly
    find myself out on the SS down in the woods...

    Unfortunately the rest of Birmingham thinks the same and being school hols don't help, all the
    townies have come out from hibernation and have a winter's worth of rubbish to dump on the
    trails :-(

    ..but the SS is defiantly making summer creaking noises as opposed to winter creaks - you can tell
    by the way the pitch has gone up and the BB has stopped squelching and started rattling..

    > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta work,
    > still, supposed to be a good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~
    >

    > Shaun aRe - Should be sunning myself on a nice ride instead of working........

  12. > Hope you have a nice holiday Sunday SBD!

    eheheh thats the spirit! I want everyone to enjoy 4/20 this year :)

    Small Black Dog

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>It's like that here too.
    >

    > All goodly then!

    Yep, it was 82 when I drove home this evening. Very nice.

    Just can't beleive it for mid April.....maybe it's because
    > it's 6 months to the day since Kath and I first exchanged E-mails? Heheheheh............

    Or perhaps it's something to do with the large high pressure area covering all of northern Europe...
    (Romantic, me)

    >>I wanted to trade in some of that overtime and hit the trails, but typically, everything went tits
    >>up when I wanted to leave.
    >

    > Yeah, If I'd had more notice it was gonna be like this, I'd have booked a day - just found some
    > bloody _fantastic_ riding trails I'm dying to explore 5 miles from our door, up Longridge Fells
    > way, Forest of Bowland, just above Kemple End.

    Excellent.

    Although I got out later than I'd hope, I still managed to get in 2 1/2 hours this evening,
    exploring the local trails. There's some really nice stuff near me actually.

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:16:00 +0100, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:
    >

    > > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow! Damned well hate it being sunny when I gotta
    > > work, still, supposed to be
    > > good weekend as well weather wise ',;~}~
    >
    > Looking good.

    Aye! I was betting me swollocks off on the way in this morning - shorts and T all the way ',;~}~

    > Got the rest of the week commuting in lovely sunshine, and the weekend should be sun with some
    > cloud, just right for a good bit of riding.

    Acearoo! Might try and get out for a few hours this w/e meself, but I got stuff like organising to
    move some more gear from flat to house to do as well. I'm hopeful though.....

    Shaun aRe - I bloody live for sunny rides!

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Si Davies <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > bloody awful weather if you ask me

    eh?

    > - meant to be at home revising for up coming exams and suddenly find myself out on the SS down in
    > the woods...

    You poor bugger.

    > Unfortunately the rest of Birmingham thinks the same and being school hols don't help, all the
    > townies have come out from hibernation and have a winter's worth of rubbish to dump on the
    > trails :-(

    Wankers.

    > ..but the SS is defiantly making summer creaking noises as opposed to
    winter
    > creaks - you can tell by the way the pitch has gone up and the BB has stopped squelching and
    > started rattling..

    Heheheheh! Put another one on there - you can get a good-ish one fairly cheap.

    Shaun aRe

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:20:35 +0000, Jonathan Bond did issue forth:
    >
    > > mid 30s Thursday. yes, 30's. Good ol' New England...
    >
    > 30s? Blimey, definately shorts and t-shirt weather.

    I have ridden in shorts and T-shirt at minus one degree C (30 furinhoyte).

    > We are talking in celcius, aren't we?

    Furinhoyte.

    Shaun aRe - It's a worrrddd! Sheesh......

  17. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >>It's like that here too.
    > >

    > > All goodly then!
    >
    > Yep, it was 82 when I drove home this evening. Very nice.

    Sweet - hope we see more of the same - supposed to be nicer today than yesterday - already 70 F
    inside, and about 75 out.

    > Just can't beleive it for mid April.....maybe it's because
    > > it's 6 months to the day since Kath and I first exchanged E-mails? Heheheheh............
    >
    > Or perhaps it's something to do with the large high pressure area covering all of northern
    > Europe... (Romantic, me)

    Nope - I was right.

    > >>I wanted to trade in some of that overtime and hit the trails, but typically, everything went
    > >>tits up when I wanted to leave.
    > >

    > > Yeah, If I'd had more notice it was gonna be like this, I'd have booked
    > > day - just found some bloody _fantastic_ riding trails I'm dying to
    explore
    > > 5 miles from our door, up Longridge Fells way, Forest of Bowland, just
    above
    > > Kemple End.
    >
    > Excellent.

    Gotta get my mate Paul up there. We went for a walk up there Sunday, first thing I sez "Bloody hell,
    this'd be great on't maantin' bike! Wonder of it's allowed?" Then, I seeze loads of tire tracks,
    later, a few riders, then bridleway signs and hoof prints. Yeeee-haaaaa!!! Thinks I ',;~}~

    > Although I got out later than I'd hope, I still managed to get in 2 1/2 hours this evening,
    > exploring the local trails. There's some really nice stuff near me actually.

    Sweet!

    Wish I had a car sometimes, so I could get to good trails more often and put the miles in.

    I gotta start getting back into it - fitness is coming back to me now, with my 11 - 12 miles
    commuting each day, and I'vve been pushing my pace up each journey. Made it home (5.29 miles, big
    hill) in 20 minutes yesterday, on the 36 lb base, with about 10-15 lb of pack on my back. 5 minutes
    faster than I managed on the considerably lighter and skinnier tyred Trek I borrowed. So, I know I'm
    getting there.

    Also beat my previous best ever recorded max speed on an MTB this morning, doing 38.1 mph.
    Yesterday, I managed 36 mph in a 30 zone, and passed 5 cars (they were slowing for the lights
    though, still, didn't stop them being rather upset...).

    I know my fitness doesn't rate by general comparison with some others, but I'm finally getting my
    'compete with my own fitness' drive back ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - Glad you found some good ridin'!

  18. Si Davies

    Si Davies Guest

    the cranks have long since welded them selves onto the axle and i'm too lazy to take a ball puller
    to it and too much of a wuss to ride around with the bolts out until they fall off by them selves.
    Anyway - this is my no money bike - only free stuff ever gets put on it, so have to wait until one
    of my mates is finished with their BB :)

    > Si Davies <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > bloody awful weather if you ask me
    >
    > eh?
    >
    > > - meant to be at home revising for up coming exams and suddenly find myself out on the SS down
    > > in the woods...
    >
    > You poor bugger.
    >
    > > Unfortunately the rest of Birmingham thinks the same and being school
    hols
    > > don't help, all the townies have come out from hibernation and have a winter's worth of rubbish
    > > to dump on the trails :-(
    >
    > Wankers.
    >
    > > ..but the SS is defiantly making summer creaking noises as opposed to
    > winter
    > > creaks - you can tell by the way the pitch has gone up and the BB has stopped squelching and
    > > started rattling..
    >
    > Heheheheh! Put another one on there - you can get a good-ish one fairly cheap.
    >

    > Shaun aRe

  19. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow!

    It was. Took the bike to Grizedale Forest but couldnt park near the Visitor Centre. Bloody
    schoolkids and their schoolbreaks.

    Trying to ride and suck an icecream I got distracted by the new Tourist Attraction. www.goape.cc Its
    a 2+hour adventure experience, an aerial assault course of rope bridges tarzanswings, rope walkways
    and slides. It looks great but its expensive as youre paying for safety protection. Bastards wouldnt
    let me play - go ride your bike old chap, we're not insured for pensioners and oldies. Not many
    youngsters found mud to ride through today, I did Whoopee Mike

  20. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Taywood <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > Well, today, here in Blackburn, north of England, we got it sunny and approaching 80 F! What's
    > > more, it's predicted it'll be warmer tomorrow!
    >
    > It was. Took the bike to Grizedale Forest but couldnt park near the Visitor Centre. Bloody
    > schoolkids and their schoolbreaks.
    >
    > Trying to ride and suck an icecream I got distracted by the new Tourist Attraction. www.goape.cc
    > Its a 2+hour adventure experience, an aerial assault course of rope bridges tarzanswings, rope
    > walkways and slides. It looks great but its expensive as youre paying for safety protection.
    > Bastards wouldnt let me play - go ride your bike old chap, we're not insured for pensioners and
    > oldies. Not many youngsters found mud to ride through today, I did Whoopee Mike

    Aye - there's some good riding to be had in and around Grizedale. Glad you had fun.

    Shaun aRe