UKMountains update Moel Hebog

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Sie, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. Sie

    Sie Guest

    Have added a wintery Moel Hebog in Wales section.

    This day out was the IMHO the best type of weather for mountain walking.
    Blue skies and crystal clear air for great viewing.

    http://www.ukmountains.com

    Ta

    Sie

    Tags:

  2. Sie

    Sie Guest

    Excellent pictures and very intresting to me as I recently did sharp edge
    for the first time and was in cloud most of the day so it's nice to see what
    missed.

    That day was so good I went mad and took 220 pictures. The clarity of the
    views as you said was so good I wanted to capture as much as I could. Only
    so much I could put on the site though :)

    Ta

    Sie

    "Graham Jackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Fantastic set of photos Sie , I don't think I've been to Snowdonia with
    > visibility as good as that , it looks like you had a great day . I was up

    in
    > the Lakes on Blencathra the same day , there's some photos to view if

    you're
    > interested at
    >
    > http://stigvista.co.uk/lakes.htm
    >
    > Graham .
    >
    > "Sie" <[email protected]_nocrap_.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Have added a wintery Moel Hebog in Wales section.
    > >
    > > This day out was the IMHO the best type of weather for mountain walking.
    > > Blue skies and crystal clear air for great viewing.
    > >
    > > http://www.ukmountains.com
    > >
    > > Ta
    > >
    > > Sie

  3. Fantastic set of photos Sie , I don't think I've been to Snowdonia with
    visibility as good as that , it looks like you had a great day . I was up in
    the Lakes on Blencathra the same day , there's some photos to view if you're
    interested at

    http://stigvista.co.uk/lakes.htm

    Graham .

    "Sie" <[email protected]_nocrap_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Have added a wintery Moel Hebog in Wales section.
    >
    > This day out was the IMHO the best type of weather for mountain walking.
    > Blue skies and crystal clear air for great viewing.
    >
    > http://www.ukmountains.com
    >
    > Ta
    >
    > Sie

  4. Jhimmy

    Jhimmy Guest

    Lovely Photos. BTW, when I climbed Meol Hebog, I saw what must have been
    the biggest fox in the world. I was less then 20 feet away from it when I
    scared it and had a good view. Strangely, it was very near the summit in
    broad daylight, not something I see often in foxes behaviour. Even my old
    Bull terrier would have been trembling with fear.

    Jhimmy.

  5. Tony Buckley

    Tony Buckley Guest

    Jhimmy wrote about seeing a fox
    > Strangely, it was very near the summit in
    > broad daylight, not something I see often in foxes behaviour.

    Back in March 1982 (god, that makes me feel old!) two of us were walking
    over Nethermost Pike to Helvellyn when we saw a fox, moving quite quickly
    from west to east over the summit. It stopped at the edge and started to
    pick a way down through the crags. 'That's odd', we thought, and carried on
    to Helvellyn and lunch. On the way back, in the same place, we saw lots of
    beagles who obviously had the scent but didn't have the fox's talent for
    scrambling down rough ground.

    One up to the fox! I've never seen one or the other so high up a hill
    since.

    T.

  6. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:36:35 -0000, "Tony Buckley"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    [...]
    >Back in March 1982 (god, that makes me feel old!) two of us were walking
    >over Nethermost Pike to Helvellyn when we saw a fox, moving quite quickly
    >from west to east over the summit. It stopped at the edge and started to
    >pick a way down through the crags. 'That's odd', we thought, and carried on
    >to Helvellyn and lunch. On the way back, in the same place, we saw lots of
    >beagles who obviously had the scent but didn't have the fox's talent for
    >scrambling down rough ground.
    >
    >One up to the fox! I've never seen one or the other so high up a hill
    >since.

    Several years ago - probably more like 5 or 6 - I took a friend of
    mine for his first ever wild camp. We went to Sprinkling Tarn, and as
    we sat in the door of the tent looking out over the water a beautiful
    fox crept up and begged for something to eat. My friend - a big,
    burly, rugby playing bloke - was frightened half to death, and has
    never camped since! :)

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~

  7. Jhimmy

    Jhimmy Guest

    I wonder if that's the same infamous fox that steals rucksacks up near
    "sprinkling tarn" in the middle of the night?

    Can't remember who, but also someone once wrote on uk.rec.walking about a
    fox stealing his rucksack in the middle of he night and when he got out his
    tent to investigate, the fox stood his ground and watched the owner retrieve
    his rucksack!

    Jhimmy.

  8. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:38:14 GMT, "Jhimmy" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I wonder if that's the same infamous fox that steals rucksacks up near
    >"sprinkling tarn" in the middle of the night?
    >
    >Can't remember who, but also someone once wrote on uk.rec.walking about a
    >fox stealing his rucksack in the middle of he night and when he got out his
    >tent to investigate, the fox stood his ground and watched the owner retrieve
    >his rucksack!

    Um... what? Empty or packed?? (Can't imagine a fox being strong
    enough to carry a rucksack away!)

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,