ulle comeback?

I wish I was german speaker that could translate it properly but alas I am not.

Summary:
  • Jan is really fit! he just rode 48km!
  • Vino deserves a second chance
  • He probably can't be busted now
  • The Germans still hate him (but they probably still love him too)
  • Maybe a January comeback? (Doesn't he have to have been in the program for 6 months?)
  • Riding a bike is enormous fun!
Ah well, he's done his time and it will be a fun reunion.

In case anyone else is tempted by comedy machine translation:

No joke January Ullrich plans comeback By UWE BÖDEKER and PETER WENKMANN Cologne - as January Ullrich (34) at the beginning of of October two running (charity and parting for Steffen Wesemann) drove, grinste it contently afterwards: „That was already nearly again a small round trip for me. “ Gallery to the gallery Gallery: January Ullrich - pictures of its career inquire around Is Ullrich again on the wheel? Why not? That creates that already. In no case! That dopes nevertheless eh again. Ullrich? Whom interests still? co-ordinate› Newest messages› More from cycle racing› With the parting for friend Wesemann it completed the 48 kilometers with a cut of 41 km/h - the stood professionals could not shake it off. Ullrich is amazingly good in form. And now the hammer comes: Ulle plans its comeback. No joke! Its friend Michael steals betrays EXPRESS: „It liebäugelt thereby, trained already more industriously and is correctly fit. “ What induces Ullrich to rise again into the saddle after it lost nearly all sympathies in Germany after the involvement into the Doping affair around Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes? There is the comebacks of his old way companions Lance Armstrong, Alexander Winokurow (Blutdoping 2007) and Ivan Basso (Fuentes customer). Armstrong and Winokurow want to start 2009 for the team Astana with the giro d'Italia, Basso enter for the Liquigas team after its two-year barrier with the Japan Cup on 26 October again into the running happening. Ullrich: „I find it correct that Winokurow returns, since everyone earned a second chance. “It does not exclude its own comeback: „It makes fun enormous to sit the wheel. “Friend steals becomes clearer: „As sportsmen it that wurmt much, as its career went to end. January remains simply a wheel sportsman thoroughly. We talk momentarily very much about the current events in the cycle racing. “ Which notices Ullrich: The operation Puerto is put to the documents, its procedure in Switzerland stands before the end - it will run out on an acquittal. Steal: „If January to return wants to play, would have the federations. Its goal is a license in Switzerland, in addition, the Austrians signaled that they would give it one. A team from Austria already inquired. In the scene there are many, which want to see a comeback of January gladly. It does not want to commit itself yet perfectly, because it does not know, how the public reacts. “ January Ullrich the racing cycle. Is a good idea? Co-ordinate directly and put in a word!

This from Le Monde: (via pottssteve @ BikeRadar Forum)
Following Lance Amstrong's sensational return to pro cycling, we tracked down one of his biggest rivals, the German Jan Ullrich, to see if he had any plans for a similar return. We found him in a bakery in Munich, and through mouthfuls of strudel he told us of his thoughts.
"Ja, for sure I will now return to cycling," explained the big German, through a face full of Black Forest gateau. "I'm now at my racing weight of 92 kilos and have been working hard on my brunch sprints. I want to race the Paris-Nice, because I like biscuits, and in Amstel Gold for the beers." And what of the Tour de France? "Of course, this is the biggest race. I have strategies to help me here. I cannot say to you too much, but my plan is to ride hard on the bike one day and then go by train the next. This is the only way to beat Armstrong, I think. And also there is a buffet on the train for if I get hungry. Do you want the rest of that sausage roll?"
http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-35762-2.html#backToArticle=581605

lucybears said:
This from Le Monde: (via pottssteve @ BikeRadar Forum)
Following Lance Amstrong's sensational return to pro cycling, we tracked down one of his biggest rivals, the German Jan Ullrich, to see if he had any plans for a similar return. We found him in a bakery in Munich, and through mouthfuls of strudel he told us of his thoughts.
"Ja, for sure I will now return to cycling," explained the big German, through a face full of Black Forest gateau. "I'm now at my racing weight of 92 kilos and have been working hard on my brunch sprints. I want to race the Paris-Nice, because I like biscuits, and in Amstel Gold for the beers." And what of the Tour de France? "Of course, this is the biggest race. I have strategies to help me here. I cannot say to you too much, but my plan is to ride hard on the bike one day and then go by train the next. This is the only way to beat Armstrong, I think. And also there is a buffet on the train for if I get hungry. Do you want the rest of that sausage roll?"
http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-35762-2.html#backToArticle=581605
well about 10 german newspapers have report today that he plans a comeback and hes mananger says you can´t cant him out too have a comeback..
and he ride 48km/h whit a avarge speed of 41 kmh/h and finshed in the peleton in wessemans race

Armstrong spoke with Jan about a month ago about a comeback and riding with Astana. The last time I had contact he was considering it, however he would need to start training soon and this would entail about 10,000 kms of training. Before he commits he wants guarantees he will be allowed to race.
He doesn't want a repeat of 2006. I may hear more next week.

jhuskey said:
Armstrong spoke with Jan about a month ago about a comeback and riding with Astana. The last time I had contact he was considering it, however he would need to start training soon and this would entail about 10,000 kms of training. Before he commits he wants guarantees he will be allowed to race.
He doesn't want a repeat of 2006. I may hear more next week.

If he wants a race, I'll give him a race!

(handicap lead of a couple of a couple of thousand kms, of course!)

Whatever **** Armstrong gets from the press will be doubled if Jan were to try and comeback. It is probably good he delayed the announcement.

Bump.

Need to put current threads back to the top because of the Spam nob head (Flyer)

jhuskey said:
Whatever **** Armstrong gets from the press will be doubled if Jan were to try and comeback. It is probably good he delayed the announcement.

Ullrich is still my favourite rider of the recent past, but really he's played this all wrong right from the start. There is no way he's going to be allowed back while he's still claiming that he never doped.

David Millar showed the way, and people from Ivan Basso to Joey Barton have successfully followed: once caught out, drop your kegs and take it like a man. July 1st 2006 Ulle should have welled up with tears and gone on TV to tell us all about "desperation to return to past glories" or "realising how far behind he was at the Giro and not wanting to let the fans down", and at the same time lawyering up to make sure that we all knew that his previous conviction didn't count and that he should receive a 2-year ban starting from the date of his confession. He could have been back at the Tour start in 2008.

rob of the og said:
Ullrich is still my favourite rider of the recent past, but really he's played this all wrong right from the start. There is no way he's going to be allowed back while he's still claiming that he never doped.

David Millar showed the way, and people from Ivan Basso to Joey Barton have successfully followed: once caught out, drop your kegs and take it like a man. July 1st 2006 Ulle should have welled up with tears and gone on TV to tell us all about "desperation to return to past glories" or "realising how far behind he was at the Giro and not wanting to let the fans down", and at the same time lawyering up to make sure that we all knew that his previous conviction didn't count and that he should receive a 2-year ban starting from the date of his confession. He could have been back at the Tour start in 2008.

Except the rule back then still was that the ban was 2+2 years. So since at that time the TdF was still part of the ProTour Ulle would've been allowed back in 2010...of course things didn't go so well for ProTour but Ulle couldn't guess that back then.

mrfrogger said:
I wish I was german speaker that could translate it properly but alas I am not.

Summary:
  • Jan is really fit! he just rode 48km!
  • Vino deserves a second chance
  • He probably can't be busted now
  • The Germans still hate him (but they probably still love him too)
  • Maybe a January comeback? (Doesn't he have to have been in the program for 6 months?)
  • Riding a bike is enormous fun!
Ah well, he's done his time and it will be a fun reunion.

In case anyone else is tempted by comedy machine translation:
reee

With regard to Armstrong's refusal to have his frozen urine samples from the 1999 Tour de France retested for performance-enhancing drugs, Ullrich said he would respond the same way Armstrong has to the French anti-doping organization.

"Why should he (Armstrong) do something he doesn't have to do?” said Ullrich, who added he’s not interested in a comeback. “I wouldn't do it either, as a matter of principle.”

Link.

Jan is working on a new clothing line and a new town bike that blends performance and comfort as far as racing the Swiss Cycling Federation has not given him a go ahead to race.
He won't stick his neck out without some support and guarantees.