Ullrich announces he will take DNA test to prove innocence....

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by whiteboytrash, Jul 2, 2006.

1. alibat

alibat New Member

We would all like to know who these ''big names'' are that he hasn't treated, since the biggest names on the 'list' were Ulle and Basso. Don't think this just means Contador either.

2. Ullefan

Ullefan New Member

If he didn't treat certain riders, then he wouldn't be held by his oath to conceal their names. This doesn't look good.

3. alibat

alibat New Member

So what's happening then? '' Riders'' definately suggests that more than one rider shouldn't be on the list, as does ''big names''. The whole thing is a mess.

4. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Fact: Hijo de Rudicio doesn't mean Sohn of Rudy. Sohn of Rudy means Hijo de Rudolfo.

Now some wild speculation (it's a rumour which just don't stop in the TdF followers scene): la erudición means something like the professor. Victor Sastre is professor and former trainer of Jiminez (who died due to heart faillure) . He was at the Giro (he was seen in Belgium and Italy) and could have bought a Belgian prepaid card. Rudicio would come from erudicion....

I think the speculation about Carlos father is very wild but if Rudicio doens't mean Rudy JU speculation is also very wild...:confused:

5. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

The plot thickens.... Why was this not picked up before ? by the Spanish speaking media at least ? Or when Basso and Ullrich are involved everyone wants to write the facts true or not ?

6. wolfix

wolfix New Member

If I understand some of the posters the doctor is writing a book? If I understand this correctly, and the book is not a medical journal, but a book based on sensationalism, is too much to believe that the doctor wanted Basso/JU's name there to increase sales? Maybe they are innocent and he loves th efact that it is mainly because of them that this scandal is getting so much press.
    I think it is hard to trust a man that writes a book.

TM evidently has either pissed someone off or there is strong evidence of more guilt then we know over there. It seems to me that TM management is trying to cleanse themselves, almost to the point of silliness. And the UCI is not letting up.

7. Mansmind

Mansmind New Member

It's amazing. You could take this post and plant it on "almost" any doping thread of the past 1-2 years and it would be just as accurate there as here. It seems to never change.

8. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Maybe but don't forget i think the Sastre story is very wild speculation. What's interesting is that Rudicio is not Spanish for Rudy

9. acpinto

acpinto New Member

erudicion means high education.

take away the first and last letter...

But i think is too much don´t you.

10. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Yes i think it's too much, the point i wanted too make was that (at least the German press) the press always write that Hijo Rudicio is spanish for Rudy and that just isn't correct. Another interesting point is that Jan would have given blood (too prepare and store) on december 22, but he was in South-Africa untill December 23 (at least as far as i know). There are a lot of things that somehow don't fit...

11. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

TMO have acted correctly - a suspicion was raised and TMO acted to suspend the rider. Pity other teams didn't adopt the same attitude when suspicions and proof were provided in the recent past.

TMO can do no more.
    The team (TMO) are not implicated, unlike Festina.

Pevenage wasn't a main DS from 2001-2005.

You still haven't got a clue by the looks of things.

12. DiabloScott

DiabloScott New Member

True, "Rudolfo" is the common name that would normally be translated to (or from) "Rudy", but these are Spanish police interpreting nicknames assigned by a Spanish doctor so it's not like they've made some laughable translation mistake. Here's a blurb from El País:

En poco tiempo se les acumularon encima de la mesa datos que supuestamente les conducían a un ciclista alemán: Rudicio era, según los investigadores, Rudy, Rudy Pevenage, director belga que se había convertido en los últimos años en el padre deportivo de Jan Ullrich.

<my translation> In short order, the facts on the table allegedly lead them to a German cyclist: Rudicio was, according to the investigators, Rudy, Rudy Pevenage, Belgian DS who had become in the previous years, the sporting father of Jan Ullrich.

13. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

I saw 5 of the 38 (or 36?) pages of the investigation. 3 of them where the ones that where published in several newspapers. I didn't see one fact which was really convincing. It was a lot of speculation (we THINK that Pevenage called Fuentes etc. etc.). Not as wild as i did (Sastre) but also not convincing enough to accuse somebody and nobody and i mean nobody wants to say what is on the other pages that i didn't see . It still doesn't look good for Jan (& the others) but i find it rather strange to publish names and a week later... nothing...

14. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

It's an unsatisfactory situation all round.

We don't know if they doped at this juncture.
    We know that there appears to be circumstantial evidence which suggests something.

The UCI state that the reports are being translated - so that's why the other details haven't been published?
    Surely someone at the UCI can speak and translate Spanish????????????????
    The UCI are playing for time - again.

If riders are doping - then we need to see the evidence.
    Until then, the sport is stuck in this no-mans land of "did they", "didn't they"

This only brings the credibility (not that they have any credibility) of the UCI
    in to further disrepute.

15. tinks

tinks New Member

16. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

This I find strange as well however ASO said they wanted "something" before the Tour hence they got the truncated report. Although release names and then nothing is a little concerning.

17. wolfix

wolfix New Member

I'm wondering if since this is a ongoing civil criminal report that if an agreement was made to not disclose any information other then what we have seen . That the civil authorities think releasing more information might hamper further investigations into this matter. Maybe this goes deeper then just the labs in Spain.
    Something is going on.

WADA is too quiet on the matter.

The UCI and teams were confident in their severe punishment to elite riders.

The day the TDF enters Spain might be interesting.

Strange in the beginning the Spanish newspaper had reliable information.

I'm not sure that JU/Basso have denied blood doping. What they have denied is knowing this man. [I might be wrong on this ]

We know the doctor is guilty .

Where is the riders union ?

Somehow everything has a hint of Riis on it.

18. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

It does stink of Riis..... The whole thing might peter out to nothing.... then what will the UCI do ? Ban the riders for 3 months like they did with Zuelle and Virenque ! LOL ! :)

19. wolfix

wolfix New Member

Can we get a "re-start" of the tour?

20. jonjungel

jonjungel New Member

This last statement seems quite out of the blue to me. Can you please explain?