Ullrich back to Telekom? Museeuw in Wallonie?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sonarrat, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    from Cyclingnews.com (note: I could not find the article this refers to on the Tz website)

    ==

    In the German newspaper Tz, Jan Ullrich has confirmed offers received by three teams, notably his
    former employer Team Telekom. Although Ullrich has indicated an inclination to stay with Team
    Bianchi, he at the same time is eager to see the team's plans solidified for the coming season, and
    is willing to entertain other offers.

    "At the moment I've been given three offers," Ullrich said. "I'm not ruling anything out."

    Team Telekom's manager Walter Godefroot has announced that he would happily welcome Ullrich back to
    the team, however Ullrich's mentor (and Bianchi directeur sportif) Rudy Pevenage would not likely be
    part of the package. Pevenage left Godefroot's side at Telekom to follow Ullrich to Team Coast, then
    Bianchi. Ullrich, for his part, said that the quality of the team is the most important factor in
    any decision.

    "It's not a question of money," he insisted. "For me, what's always been most important has been the
    sport. For that reason, Bianchi needs to give me confirmation of certain things: who are the
    sponsors? Who are the other members of the team? We still need to discuss these issues."

    ==
    The Quick-Step - Davitamon team has announced the riders who will ride today's GP de Wallonie. They
    are: Frederic Amorison, Wilfried Cretskens, Aurelien Clerc, Kevin De Smedt, Andrey Kashechkin, Kevin
    Hulsmans, Johan Museeuw, Nick Nuyens, Domenico Passuello, and Luca Paolini.

    Tags:

  2. The subject looks pretty funny. Why a ? on the Museeuw 'news'.

  3. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    "Van Hoorebeeck Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > The subject looks pretty funny. Why a ? on the Museeuw 'news'.

    Because it's pretty surprising. I would have expected him to be low-key right about now...

    -Sonarrat.

  4. Bart

    Bart Guest

    Then look better. He has raced all through these troubled timers and came close to winning Memorial
    Van Steenbergen last week.