Ullrich banned 2 years!!

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

Apparently Jan is not taking the news very hard , from what I hear. Since he doesn't race anymore the only effect might be public opinion that might hinder contracts due to him selling and promo power.
Doubt that it will amount to much in the long run.
Thanks for the update, JH

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Thanks for the update, JH
He has some new contracts with distributors and will be doing the Florida and California Fondos this year.

jhuskey said:
He has some new contracts with distributors and will be doing the Florida and California Fondos this year.

Good for Jan. It was ridiculous that this case took so long. I thought WADA, USADA, and other anti-doping agencies were less than objective and didn't even follow their own regulations, and as such did/do their best to slaughter their own credibility.....but the CAS........ Man, between the endless loop of Contador hearing postponements and the banning of Ullrich for two years so many years after the race in question, I can take a Michael Bay movies more seriously than CAS. If the anti-doping agencies can't stick to their rules, exercise objectivity, exercise transparency, and investigate and act promptly, there's no reason for anyone to take their efforts seriously. Hell, they give themselves every measure of ridiculous leeway possible, like being able to ban a rider based solely on hearsay. A Taliban jirga is more objective and above board.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Good for Jan. It was ridiculous that this case took so long. I thought WADA, USADA, and other anti-doping agencies were less than objective and didn't even follow their own regulations, and as such did/do their best to slaughter their own credibility.....but the CAS........ Man, between the endless loop of Contador hearing postponements and the banning of Ullrich for two years so many years after the race in question, I can take a Michael Bay movies more seriously than CAS.
If the anti-doping agencies can't stick to their rules, exercise objectivity, exercise transparency, and investigate and act promptly, there's no reason for anyone to take their efforts seriously. Hell, they give themselves every measure of ridiculous leeway possible, like being able to ban a rider based solely on hearsay.
A Taliban jirga is more objective and above board.
I couldn't agree more.

There is a very old saying, justice delayed is justice denied.