Ullrich Confesses.

Yes Sopas,
I must agree, Armstrong is not the only one to dope and others are getting off without being stripped of titles or disgraced. His threatening, bullying, suing, denying attitude make it difficult to treat him with sympathy. In the end the stripping of these titles creates a problem however. How far back do they want to go. The UCI and the Tour, had no intention of stripping Armstrong's titles until all the testimonies came out in the USADA investigation. Legally they couldn't do it anyhow based on a single 1999 retain preserved who knows how. Now the Jalabert retain from 1998. And McQuad saying if Pantani retain contains traces of EPO, his title will be stripped. And we have B. Riis's confession. And could Indurain have ridden clean?
The top riders have always had some aids thoughout history for sure, but in the last 20 years the boosts in performance are truly significant. All the riders did not have access to the same technologies and aids, the playing field was no longer level, and the sport is no longer sport. This to me is the sadness of the thing, and it has been obvious for a dozen years. The worst of it was when the Postals were driving up the mountains as a team and known climbers were falling off the back of the group. The passport system is curbing exageration I believe, but the reintegration of own blood, and advanced performance enhancing innovations are surely continuing to create dislevels.

Originally Posted by Yojimbo_ .

The hypocrisy here is sickening.

Ullrich is a lying cheat and a doper. His wins should be taken away and his name struck from the record.
Finally! Indeed and Riis's as well!!!

Originally Posted by sopas .

Yes, JU confessed... and Lance trying to get some sympathy out of the situation just twitted:

"Jan Ullrich? Warm hearted. Amazing athlete. Great competitor. Loved toeing the line with you my friend."
https://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

LOL. Sorry Lance, but I don't think Jan considers you as his friend at all.
Without doping he would have beaten you easily.
What makes you say that Jan does no consider Lance his friend at all?

The UCI is ruining the sport by continuing to strip titles post hence. It will never be sorted our fairly so it is best not to go down that road at all. They would have to blow up every result, in every event from 1990 to 2010 to make it fair or leave it the hell alone and move on.

Doping was part of the sport cause they could not test against it. Lance is getting the brunt of it cause he was an asshole but the nice guys are getting let off.

Once again you can get more with a smile and a gun than you can with just a gun.

Let is be!

Originally Posted by Busch .

Once again you can get more with a smile and a gun than you can with just a gun.

Let is be!
sad enough to misquote al capone, in which he stated that one get a long way with a smile, but one can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun, armstrong and the others who have been caught out and stripped of titles certainly did accomplish a type of robbery with a smile for the press and fans.

Jan, ever classy: "I would give Armstrong the Tour victories back. … That’s how it was back then. It doesn’t help anyone to draw a line through the winners’ list.”

http://tracking.si.com/2013/08/01/jan-ullrich-lance-armstrong-tour-de-france-titles-reinstated/?xid=ob_blogs

I would buy Jan a beer or twelve!

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Jan, ever classy: "I would give Armstrong the Tour victories back. … That’s how it was back then. It doesn’t help anyone to draw a line through the winners’ list.”

http://tracking.si.com/2013/08/01/jan-ullrich-lance-armstrong-tour-de-france-titles-reinstated/?xid=ob_blogs

I would buy Jan a beer or twelve!
If you will pay the airfare I may be able to help you with that. He like South African wine.

Hmmmm???

If I get Jan over here, can I get him to coach me for a week, get a back stage pass to the Freiburg University lab, an appointment with Fuentes and maybe one of the defunct Ullrich bikes? You know airfare and luggage costs have went up?

Jan has showed a LOT of class thru his doping issues and how he deals with his friends and competitors. Lance may well be the class asshole and flipped his finger at just about everyone. I like that.

Jan has been the quiet man that took his lumps like the champion he was and is. I like that, too. Standing up to Armstrong when his legs and doping allowed and standing up for Armstrong when he, himself, was stripped of position and income...pure, unadulterated CLASS.

He is a nice guy but has his weakneses like all of us. Well the rest of you.:)