Ullrich goes nuts and says the entire peleton is "full of dope"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
COMPIEGNE, France: Jan Ullrich criticized former teammates Rolf Aldag and Erik Zabel for "acting like saints" once they had admitting their doping past.

Ullrich, who won the Tour de France in 1997, was one of several riders kicked out on the eve of last year's race after being implicated in a Spanish doping investigation called Operation Puerto. A sample of Ullrich's DNA was later matched to one of the blood bags in the doping affair.

Several former riders of Team Telekom — including Zabel and Aldag — recently admitted they used EPO during the 1990s while riding with Ullrich, who has retired and denies any wrongdoing.

"To carry on working they need to confess their error," Ullrich said in an interview with sports daily L'Equipe. "It makes me laugh, because I know they spoke about my case while acting like saints."

Ullrich was particularly angry with Aldag.

“When I heard Aldag talking nonstop about me on radio or on television, I was really outraged by his attitude," Ullrich said. "He made a lot of money because of me. If he found it so dirty, why did he never give it back?"

Ullrich said he also threatened to publish his thoughts about Aldag in a book.

"I could not take it anymore." he said. "Ullrich was the only word on Aldag's lips. So, I sent him a text message saying that if I wrote a book, he would be the main protagonist.

"That must have got to him, because since he has never spoken badly about me."

Ullrich also poked fun at the world of cycling.

"I don't ride my bike anymore. Why? Because it's a sport full of doping," he was quoted as saying. "No, I'm joking."

The former Olympic champion says he just wants to be left alone.

"I've nothing to say, my career is over. I'm just Jan Ullrich, a normal citizen," he said.

I missed the part about him going nuts but it all sounds reasonable to me.
BTW : He still rides a lot.

jhuskey said:
I missed the part about him going nuts ....

BTW : He still rides a lot.
If you read the article backwards it says; "I'm going nuts, Paul is dead and I am the Walrus, koo,koo,ka,chew!".

Seriously, I thought his quote; "I don't ride my bike anymore. Why? Because it's a sport full of doping," ..... "No, I'm joking."
was pretty funny.:D

lw

It is fine if he goes nuts beacuse sane people tend to irritate me.

whiteboytrash said:
COMPIEGNE, France: Jan Ullrich criticized former teammates Rolf Aldag and Erik Zabel for "acting like saints" once they had admitting their doping past.

Ullrich, who won the Tour de France in 1997, was one of several riders kicked out on the eve of last year's race after being implicated in a Spanish doping investigation called Operation Puerto. A sample of Ullrich's DNA was later matched to one of the blood bags in the doping affair.

Several former riders of Team Telekom — including Zabel and Aldag — recently admitted they used EPO during the 1990s while riding with Ullrich, who has retired and denies any wrongdoing.

"To carry on working they need to confess their error," Ullrich said in an interview with sports daily L'Equipe. "It makes me laugh, because I know they spoke about my case while acting like saints."

“When I heard Aldag talking nonstop about me on radio or on television, I was really outraged by his attitude," Ullrich said. "He made a lot of money because of me. If he found it so dirty, why did he never give it back?"

"I could not take it anymore." he said. "Ullrich was the only word on Aldag's lips. So, I sent him a text message saying that if I wrote a book, he would be the main protagonist.

"I don't ride my bike anymore. Why? Because it's a sport full of doping," he was quoted as saying. "No, I'm joking."

"I've nothing to say, my career is over. I'm just Jan Ullrich, a normal citizen," he said.
Very good, but I think the title should be "Ullrich Slams Shitweasel Aldag"

Ullefan said:
Very good, but I think the title should be "Ullrich Slams Shitweasel Aldag"
Ullrich to confess ?

Hamburg - Germany's 1997 Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich, who was barred from the 2006 race on suspicion of doping, plans to comment soon on "the events of last year.". Ullrich, who retired in February, said on his homepage Thursday he was waiting for the right moment to give his views but indicated it would be in the next few weeks.

"What I again want to make clear is that I will keep my word and give you fans my extensive opinion on the events of last year, and at the time I believe is right," he said.

"I am at present looking for the right medium which will pass on my opinion to you unadulterated."

Ullrich called on his fans to enjoy the Tour de France.

"I have the feeling that increasingly more fans understand me and I will keep my word in the next few weeks," he added.

Ullrich has denied involvement in doping, but many of his former Team Telekom team-mates, including the 1996 Tour de France winner Bjarne Riis, have confessed to taking erythropoietin (EPO) or other banned substances.

Ullrich was suspended on the eve of the 2006 Tour de France on suspicion of doping and was subsequently fired by his team T-Mobile.

He has been implicated in the blood doping probe of Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes. A sample of Ullrich's DNA was later matched to one of the blood bags in the doping affair.

Earlier this year former Telekom team masseur Jef d'Hont said in a book that two doctors gave EPO to some of the team's top riders, including Riis and Ullrich.

Meanwhile Ullrich apologized to fans for an interview in the French daily L'Equipe for appearing during this year's race.

In the interview, Ullrich criticized former team-mates Rolf Aldag and Erik Zabel for "acting like saints" once they had admitted their doping past.

Ullrich said he spoke briefly to L'Equipe's cycling correspondent several weeks ago when several riders were confessing their involvement in doping, but said he did not expect or intend an article to appear during this year's Tour.

"I am sorry that my subject falls in the greatest event of our sport," he said.

Ullrich also said he had been wrongly interpreted in a passage in which he was quoted as saying he "didn't owe anyone anything and have enough money to live until the end of my days."

Instead he had commented that he was independent of sponsors, media and federations, Ullrich said.

"There was no talks of money or having enough of it," he said, adding that L'Equipe would be correcting this "wrong interpretation."

On ya Ulle! Yeah, bit weird all these riders (ex and current) turning on the waterworks and confessing to drug-use and reasoning that somehow, by repenting, they will be forgiven and the nasty boys who still do these things are somehow "dirtier" then they are. "I doped before it was considered such a problem (and therefore wrong) in my sport". I should have know better, but the pressure to win was great etc etc. Er, can I retain my UCI license...

Ulle forever...doper or non-doper. It's cycling remember...

Borg said:
On ya Ulle! Yeah, bit weird all these riders (ex and current) turning on the waterworks and confessing to drug-use and reasoning that somehow, by repenting, they will be forgiven and the nasty boys who still do these things are somehow "dirtier" then they are.
It's the religious upbringing. Sinners repent and thou shall go to heaven. ;)

whiteboytrash said:
Ullrich to confess ?

"I am at present looking for the right medium which will pass on my opinion to you unadulterated."

"There was no talks of money or having enough of it," he said, adding that L'Equipe would be correcting this "wrong interpretation."

Maybe he's hinting at an upcoming annoucement of a tell-all book? It would give him a medium to:
(1) Explain his story at length, without cross-examintaion or mis-quotations by reporters,
(2) Hit out at the people in cycling who he resents for having gotten off too easily compared to him, and
(3) Would give him some more of that money he apparently doesn't have enough of.

whiteboytrash said:

SSDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.