Ullrich & Hamilton Break

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Snjr, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Snjr

    Snjr Guest

    Ullrich and Hamilton need to get away on the final stage so Tyler can move up to third and
    Jan can win!

    Now that would be an epic finish! :)

    Tags:

  2. Kupa

    Kupa New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2003
    I agree. If USPS we're to think about it as well, they may have a counter plan in mind.

    http://www.cyclingforums.com/t34935.html

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "snjr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ullrich and Hamilton need to get away on the final stage so Tyler
    can move
    > up to third and Jan can win!
    >
    > Now that would be an epic finish! :)

    You are indeed an epic fool. The Tour is over except for the fight for the Green Jersey.

    Are you too stupid to have noticed that the Posties won the team time trial and there were four
    Posties in the top 10 today? Explain how a breakaway could occur on the final FLAT stage?

  4. No need to get personal. It sounded like they were just musing about possibilitites. And, I have to
    admit that while it almost certainly won't happen, it would be exciting!

    Robert

    PS. Didn't Hinault get away on the last stage into Paris once? Yup, I believe he did. So, who is the
    epic fool for suggesting that it couldn't happen?

    > "snjr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Ullrich and Hamilton need to get away on the final stage so Tyler
    > can move
    > > up to third and Jan can win!
    > >
    > > Now that would be an epic finish! :)
    >
    > You are indeed an epic fool. The Tour is over except for the fight for the Green Jersey.
    >
    > Are you too stupid to have noticed that the Posties won the team time trial and there were four
    > Posties in the top 10 today? Explain how a breakaway could occur on the final FLAT stage?

  5. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    Why would they let a guy so high on the classification get away in the first place?

    "Robert Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No need to get personal. It sounded like they were just musing about possibilitites. And, I have
    > to admit that while it almost certainly won't happen, it would be exciting!
    >
    > Robert
    >
    > PS. Didn't Hinault get away on the last stage into Paris once? Yup, I believe he did. So, who is
    > the epic fool for suggesting that it couldn't happen?

    > > "snjr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Ullrich and Hamilton need to get away on the final stage so Tyler
    > > can move
    > > > up to third and Jan can win!
    > > >
    > > > Now that would be an epic finish! :)
    > >
    > > You are indeed an epic fool. The Tour is over except for the fight for the Green Jersey.
    > >
    > > Are you too stupid to have noticed that the Posties won the team time trial and there were four
    > > Posties in the top 10 today? Explain how a breakaway could occur on the final FLAT stage?

  6. "Robert Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in news:XNDUa.121197
    [email protected]:

    <snip>

    > PS. Didn't Hinault get away on the last stage into Paris once? Yup, I believe he did. So, who is
    > the epic fool for suggesting that it couldn't happen?

    He was all ready in the yellow jersey when he broke away with #2. I don't see Lance and Jan breaking
    away tommorow, but you never know ;)

    - Boyd S.

  7. sshhhhhssshhhhh!!! the word epic is not to be heard more than 50 times a day. a lance interview uses
    up 49 of those times..... lol

    --
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do
    that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly without flinching, you will reduce the
    "snjr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ullrich and Hamilton need to get away on the final stage so Tyler can move up to third and Jan
    > can win!
    >
    > Now that would be an epic finish! :)

  8. Eric Griffin

    Eric Griffin Guest

    "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Robert Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in news:XNDUa.121197
    > [email protected]:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > > PS. Didn't Hinault get away on the last stage into Paris once? Yup, I believe he did. So, who is
    > > the epic fool for suggesting that it couldn't happen?
    >
    > He was all ready in the yellow jersey when he broke away with #2. I don't see Lance and Jan
    > breaking away tommorow, but you never know ;)
    >
    > - Boyd S.

    Now THAT could be cool. A little pointless, and very unlikely, but still pretty cool.

    --Eric