Ullrich has gone underground and refused internal T-Mobile DNA tests....

Question for you all out there - if as expected IB's case in thrown out this week - have the Italian Federation receive the 'original' documents and why have the ICU still not sent them to the Swiss Federation for JU's case?

foxvi said:
Question for you all out there - if as expected IB's case in thrown out this week - have the Italian Federation receive the 'original' documents and why have the ICU still not sent them to the Swiss Federation for JU's case?
The UCI doesn't want to notorise the documents and have send them to the Guardia Civil. There were a lot of LOUD discussions between officials of the Swiss federation and the UCI. Schäfli (president of the Swiss federation) was running around with documents and asked UCI officials to notorise it here and now...

cyclingheroes said:
The UCI doesn't want to notorise the documents and have send them to the Guardia Civil. There were a lot of LOUD discussions between officials of the Swiss federation and the UCI. Schäfli (president of the Swiss federation) was running around with documents and asked UCI officials to notorise it here and now...
Looks like the UCI are trying to waste time for JU's case to be heard, and want the media hounding to continue? I hope JU is okay and is getting support from friends and family as one remembers what happen to Marco Pantani.......

foxvi said:
Looks like the UCI are trying to waste time for JU's case to be heard, and want the media hounding to continue? I hope JU is okay and is getting support from friends and family as one remembers what happen to Marco Pantani.......

He is in the Alps relaxing with his wife and doing some training on the bike. At least he was yesterday.
But I agree about the hounding.

jhuskey said:
He is in the Alps relaxing with his wife and doing some training on the bike. At least he was yesterday.
But I agree about the hounding.
Unfortunally the hounding continues (in Germany) but there are some media starting to ask questions about the whole affair.

foxvi said:
Glad to hear he is okay - thanks for update.

Jan states that his form is about 50% now, but from what I can perceive his mood is very good considering all that has happened.

jhuskey said:
Jan states that his form is about 50% now, but from what I can perceive his mood is very good considering all that has happened.
That's good news, i got some pretty angry faces at the worlds (i was running around with a Jan Ullrich t-shirt - normally i never wear shirts of a rider when i am working at races but this time i had to, some nice reactions but from officials some really angry looks... and i smiled and i smiled and smiled...)

I just watched a tv show with Thomas Dekker. Asked what he thought of Jan Ullrich now: "Jan is the best rider there is at the moment". Thomas dekker also defended Chechini on Dutch tv: "He is a good trainer, Rabobank is doing the medical part of my preparation and my Italian trainer is doing my training, i can't find a trainer in the Netherlands with his qualities who sits 6 - 7 hours on a motor to train with me."

whiteboytrash said:
Good shots ! I wonder if Mrs. Ullrich wore those mountain boots to bed on the wedding night ? No photos of the wedding reception and the food.... Jan looks in good shape and no hair on his legs....
Anyone want to apply a caption to this shot ?

whiteboytrash said:
Anyone want to apply a caption to this shot ?
Yes, they are cutting the Ullecake together which is tradition in most weddings unless you are Buddhist. The catch is, The Average White Band is in the background playing "Cut the Cake" that's why Sara is smiling, she is singing along "den Kuchen schneiden, baby!" .

lw

cyclingheroes said:
That's good news, i got some pretty angry faces at the worlds (i was running around with a Jan Ullrich t-shirt - normally i never wear shirts of a rider when i am working at races but this time i had to, some nice reactions but from officials some really angry looks... and i smiled and i smiled and smiled...)

Good on ya, CH.

Schäfli has enough. Lorenz Schäfli (president of the Swiss cycling federation)told reporters of German weekly Sportbild that he was at the worlds in Salzburg and achieved nothing. If Ullrich finds a team he would immediatly get a Swiss license for 2007. There is no doping case, no investigation or whatsoever:

http://www.radsport-aktiv.de/sport/sportnews_40776.htm

Edit: my spelling..........

cyclingheroes said:
Schäfli has enough. Lorenz Schäfli (president of the Swiss cycling federation)told reporters of German weekly Sportbild that he was at the worlds in Salzburg and achieved nothing. If Ullrich finds a team he would immediatly get a Swiss license for 2007. There is no doping case, no investigation or whatsoever:

http://www.radsport-aktiv.de/sport/sportnews_40776.htm

Edit: my spelling..........

I'm not sure exactly what he is implying. Is he saying that the Swiss federation will not be prosecuting Ullrich just like the Italians with Basso? Does that mean that Ullrich is now officially out of the woods and can sign with a new team? If this is the case then it's a huge victory for Ullrich.

tomkay said:
I'm not sure exactly what he is implying. Is he saying that the Swiss federation will not be prosecuting Ullrich just like the Italians with Basso? Does that mean that Ullrich is now officially out of the woods and can sign with a new team? If this is the case then it's a huge victory for Ullrich.
Can't say I'm happy about all this... I love Ulle but the frustrations of the Swiss federation sum up the entire affair.... they are expected to make a ruling on Ullrich with no information or non-translated or non-official documentation.... the UCI stand in the background saying that Ullrich should never ride again however they have offered no assistance to the Swiss federation.... what now ? UCI to take Ullrich to CAS ? on what basis ? The entire episode is a sham and I really don't know if Ullrich is innocent or guilty but do you think someone could get a DNA sample from the big German and match it or is that just to simple ?

So next year Perez, Hamilton, Basso, Mancebo and Ullrich will all be riding in the peleton ! We really have come a long way……

whiteboytrash said:
...and whats going on here ?
What they're doing in this picture is, in certain German sects of Christianity from the early 1700s now defunct but with some traditions still alive, the new husband and wife saw a rather thick and long log, a piece of wood if you will, to symbolize the cutting off the the male's penis as he enters into marriage as he won't need it anymore. There is also a similar ceremony where the new wife pounds flat two large brass cow bells with a sledge hammer. Of course the cow bells represent the new husband's testicles.