Ullrich Having "Intestinal" Problem

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by David Ryan, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    According to what PL has heard.

    Hanging at the back of the pel-O-ton on the false flat before the feed zone, accompanied by 6
    teammates.

    Did he overdo it in the TT?

    Could he be pulling an "Armstrong"? If not, this could be a **really** bad day, which Ullrich has
    had before, but not Armstrong.

    Tags:

  2. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    David Ryan wrote:

    > According to what PL has heard.
    >
    > Hanging at the back of the pel-O-ton on the false flat before the feed zone, accompanied by 6
    > teammates.
    >
    > Did he overdo it in the TT?
    >
    > Could he be pulling an "Armstrong"? If not, this could be a **really** bad day, which Ullrich has
    > had before, but not Armstrong.

    This is being repeated on race radio. The road is gradually steepening. I guess we'll known in a few
    minutes if Ullrich is doomed.

  3. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "David Ryan" <@hotmail.com...
    > David Ryan wrote:
    > >
    > > According to what PL has heard.
    > >
    > > Hanging at the back of the pel-O-ton on the false flat before the feed zone, accompanied by 6
    > > teammates.
    > >
    > > Did he overdo it in the TT?
    > >
    > > Could he be pulling an "Armstrong"? If not, this could be a **really** bad day, which Ullrich
    > > has had before, but not Armstrong.
    >
    > This is being repeated on race radio. The road is gradually steepening. I guess we'll known in a
    > few minutes if Ullrich is doomed.

    He was "answering the call of nature."

  4. David Ryan wrote:
    > According to what PL has heard.
    >
    > Hanging at the back of the pel-O-ton on the false flat before the feed zone, accompanied by 6
    > teammates.
    >
    > Did he overdo it in the TT?
    >
    > Could he be pulling an "Armstrong"? If not, this could be a **really** bad day, which Ullrich has
    > had before, but not Armstrong.

    Ullrich's "intestinal problem" in stage 13 turned out to be nothing more than just having a crap on
    the bike. Stephen Swart commentating on NZ TV on stage 14 gave all the details, including
    instructions about how to use your racing cap to handle this problem.

    Moral: Don't grab souvenirs from TdF mountain stages, especially any caps discarded by riders...