Ullrich is free

Thats' cool. I am going try to find out if this changes his plans for the future.

Now, he should consider comeback.
I think Team Sky would be perfect choice. He can talk how he'll support Wiggins in the Tour, later he can start talking about his own ambitions in the race and, at the end, he should ride the Tour directly against Wiggo.
For the next season he could establish his own team.
That's the way to do it.

Andrija said:
I think Team Sky would be perfect choice. He can talk how he'll support Wiggins in the Tour, later he can start talking about his own ambitions in the race and, at the end, he should ride the Tour directly against Wiggo.
That's the way to do it.

ulle should take a page out of vino's training manual?

Andrija said:
That's the way to do it.

I am not sure if he has any ambition to come back. Sponsorship is another issue since it takes 15-20 million US to run a team for a year.
Sponsors are not that easy to come by these days to sponsor a new team but it would be a interesting retro type scenario this next season to see him and Armstrong at odds.
Far as I know he has not been doing any pre-season training.
He was skiing in Kitzbuel about a week and a half ago.
That's the last I have heard about his whereabouts.

In my opinion comeback is very unrealistic option. Ulle looked tired of competitive cycling late in his career. His own team, also, doesn't look like possible option. But I have to notice that only he's missing from this year's expected TDF start list to make Tour of the Tours. I still regret 2006 and showdown we couldn't see.

Andrija said:
In my opinion comeback is very unrealistic option. Ulle looked tired of competitive cycling late in his career. His own team, also, doesn't look like possible option. But I have to notice that only he's missing from this year's expected TDF start list to make Tour of the Tours. I still regret 2006 and showdown we couldn't see.

Agreed,I don't think he even watched the last tour.He still oves cycling but not the system that surrounds pro cycling..
The last time I spoke with him he was taking his primary joy from raising his son.
Of course things change but a comeback at this point would be very, very difficult and unlikely on so many levels.Just the attempt would take a major toll on family and personal freedom.

This is good, as this drama has been dragged out for a long time without any resolution. Now the guy can get on with his life.

I was just speaking with a person that knows Jan well and is from Switzerland. He tells me this could still be appealed and charges reinstated.
Not sure how long they have to make an appeal.

Der kaiser is better off staying in retirement, in my view.

Of course it's his own decision but I think he is better off living his life and forgetting about competitive cycling.

I think plenty of teams would be interesting in hiring JU : if only to work with younger riders.