Ullrich Must Be Losing Sleep....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to bluff
    better before he ramps it up in Georgia.

    From CyclingNews:

    "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in February,
    when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I heard Ullrich
    had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-ups just to say to
    myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

    Tags:

  2. Trg

    Trg Guest

    Seek help.

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to bluff
    > better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
    >
    > From CyclingNews:
    >
    > "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
    > February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
    > heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-ups
    > just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

  3. Trg

    Trg Guest

    Soon. It's seems to be getting worse.

    trg wrote:
    > Seek help.
    >
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >> from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
    >> bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
    >>
    >> From CyclingNews:
    >>
    >> "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
    >> February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
    >> heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-ups
    >> just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

  4. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    And what do you think was going through Jan's mind when he got the news of Krispy's stellar Algarve
    performance? Krispy says he like to know.

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Seek help.
    >
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
    > > bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
    > >
    > > From CyclingNews:
    > >
    > > "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
    > > February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
    > > heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-
    > > ups just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Is he so desparate already that he needs to comfort himself with this
    talk :))

    I think he overestimated the competition at the Algarve, dutch Rabobank Trade 3! Team was second
    best team after Postal , young rider Thomas Dekker was fourth in that TT lance is bragging about.

    I don't think Ullrich is impressed, he never started a TdF without finishing first or second few can
    say that... (and he has been worse this time a year than he is now)

    Ciao, Richard "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > And what do you think was going through Jan's mind when he got the news of Krispy's stellar
    > Algarve performance? Krispy says he like to know.
    >
    > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Seek help.
    > >
    > > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > > from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
    > > > bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
    > > >
    > > > From CyclingNews:
    > > >
    > > > "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
    > > > February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
    > > > heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-
    > > > ups just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

  6. Trg

    Trg Guest

    > I don't think Ullrich is impressed, he never started a TdF without finishing first or second few
    > can say that... (and he has been worse this time a year than he is now)

    Both those statements are true for me as well :)

  7. Trg

    Trg Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to bluff
    > better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
    >
    > From CyclingNews:
    >
    > "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
    > February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
    > heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-ups
    > just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

    Well, turns out Ullrich isn't losing sleep. He even dropped out of the CLASICA DE ALMERIA after just
    71 kms to catch up on his zzz's. I guess Armstrong won't be doing situps either.

  8. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
    > > bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
    > >
    > > From CyclingNews:
    > >
    > > "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
    > > February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
    > > heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-
    > > ups just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."
    >
    > Well, turns out Ullrich isn't losing sleep. He even dropped out of the CLASICA DE ALMERIA after
    > just 71 kms to catch up on his zzz's. I guess Armstrong won't be doing situps either.

    Interesting, but not what the news services reported. What's your source?

    ---------------------------------

    From CyclingNews: Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) described himself as happy with his first race of the
    season, the Clasica Almeria in Spain, won by La Boulangère's Thomas Voeckler. Ullrich was part of
    the main field that finished too far behind the 20 leaders to be classified. "After my preparation
    with three training camps altogether, I feel on the right road towards the Tour de France," Ullrich
    told the SID newsagency. "It is not my aim yet to keep up with the best riders. Above all, it was
    important for getting the first racing kilometres in. That can now be built on."

    From PezCyclingNews: Jan Ullrich has started to warm up his big diesel engine of a body by turning
    out at the Clasica de Almeria, saying he couldn't have had a better start to his season, and telling
    his website that he was happy to finish in the main bunch (over 20 minutes back) because Guerini and
    Konecny were in the front of the race.

    You might also look at http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040229/8/3wog5.html

  9. Trg

    Trg Guest

    I got it from a Spanish site that listed him as "retirado" (withdrawn). As I now realize, the 71 by
    his name wasn't the mile he dropped at, it was probably just his number. Oops.

    I guess he didn't drop, just finished out of the time limit.

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> B. Lafferty wrote:
    >>> from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
    >>> bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
    >>>
    >>> From CyclingNews:
    >>>
    >>> "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
    >>> February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
    >>> heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-
    >>> ups just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."
    >>
    >> Well, turns out Ullrich isn't losing sleep. He even dropped out of the CLASICA DE ALMERIA after
    >> just 71 kms to catch up on his zzz's. I guess Armstrong won't be doing situps either.
    >
    > Interesting, but not what the news services reported. What's your source?
    >
    > ---------------------------------
    >
    > From CyclingNews: Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) described himself as happy with his first race of the
    > season, the Clasica Almeria in Spain, won by La Boulangère's Thomas Voeckler. Ullrich was part of
    > the main field that finished too far behind the 20 leaders to be classified. "After my preparation
    > with three training camps altogether, I feel on the right road towards the Tour de France,"
    > Ullrich told the SID newsagency. "It is not my aim yet to keep up with the best riders. Above all,
    > it was important for getting the first racing kilometres in. That can now be built on."
    >
    > From PezCyclingNews: Jan Ullrich has started to warm up his big diesel engine of a body by turning
    > out at the Clasica de Almeria, saying he couldn't have had a better start to his season, and
    > telling his website that he was happy to finish in the main bunch (over 20 minutes back) because
    > Guerini and Konecny were in the front of the race.
    >
    > You might also look at http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040229/8/3wog5.html

  10. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's Tour.

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I got it from a Spanish site that listed him as "retirado" (withdrawn). As
    > now realize, the 71 by his name wasn't the mile he dropped at, it was probably just his
    > number. Oops.
    >
    > I guess he didn't drop, just finished out of the time limit.
    >
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > >> Well, turns out Ullrich isn't losing sleep. He even dropped out of the CLASICA DE ALMERIA after
    > >> just 71 kms to catch up on his zzz's. I guess Armstrong won't be doing situps either.
    > >
    > > Interesting, but not what the news services reported. What's your source?
    > >
    > > ---------------------------------
    > >
    > > From CyclingNews: Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) described himself as happy with his first race of the
    > > season, the Clasica Almeria in Spain, won by La Boulangère's Thomas Voeckler. Ullrich was part
    > > of the main field that finished too far behind the 20 leaders to be classified. "After my
    > > preparation with three training camps altogether, I feel on the right road towards the Tour de
    > > France," Ullrich told the SID newsagency. "It is not my aim yet to keep up with the best
    > > riders. Above all, it was important for getting the first racing kilometres in. That can now be
    > > built on."
    > >
    > > From PezCyclingNews: Jan Ullrich has started to warm up his big diesel engine of a body by
    > > turning out at the Clasica de Almeria, saying he couldn't have had a better start to his season,
    > > and telling his website that he was happy to finish in the main bunch (over 20 minutes back)
    > > because Guerini and Konecny were in the front of the race.
    > >
    > > You might also look at http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040229/8/3wog5.html

  11. Trg

    Trg Guest

    And next year's tour as well ;)

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's Tour.
    >
    > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> I got it from a Spanish site that listed him as "retirado" (withdrawn). As I now realize, the 71
    >> by his name wasn't the mile he dropped at, it was probably just his number. Oops.
    >>
    >> I guess he didn't drop, just finished out of the time limit.
    >>
    >> B. Lafferty wrote:
    >>> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]...

    >>> Interesting, but not what the news services reported. What's your source?
    >>>
    >>> ---------------------------------
    >>>
    >>> From CyclingNews: Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) described himself as happy with his first race of the
    >>> season, the Clasica Almeria in Spain, won by La Boulangère's Thomas Voeckler. Ullrich was part
    >>> of the main field that finished too far behind the 20 leaders to be classified. "After my
    >>> preparation with three training camps altogether, I feel on the right road towards the Tour de
    >>> France," Ullrich told the SID newsagency. "It is not my aim yet to keep up with the best riders.
    >>> Above all, it was important for getting the first racing kilometres
    >>> in. That can now be built on."
    >>>
    >>> From PezCyclingNews: Jan Ullrich has started to warm up his big diesel engine of a body by
    >>> turning out at the Clasica de Almeria, saying he couldn't have had a better start to his season,
    >>> and telling his website that he was happy to finish in the main bunch (over 20 minutes back)
    >>> because Guerini and Konecny were in the front of the race.
    >>>
    >>> You might also look at http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040229/8/3wog5.html

  12. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Time will tell.
    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > And next year's tour as well ;)
    >
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's Tour.
    > >
    > > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> I got it from a Spanish site that listed him as "retirado" (withdrawn). As I now realize, the
    > >> 71 by his name wasn't the mile he dropped at, it was probably just his number. Oops.
    > >>
    > >> I guess he didn't drop, just finished out of the time limit.

  13. On 03/01/2004 04:52 PM, in article
    [email protected], "B. Lafferty"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's Tour.

    Since he finished 2nd, he'll be getting #11.

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  14. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BC694999.258DE%[email protected]...
    > On 03/01/2004 04:52 PM, in article [email protected], "B.
    > Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > > Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's
    Tour.

    > Since he finished 2nd, he'll be getting #11.

    Of course. But for enough money, I'll bet LeBlanc would give Ullrich #51. All we need is a wealthy
    German industrialist with a desire to have some fun..