Ullrich Must Be Losing Sleep....

B. Lafferty

Guest
from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to bluff
better before he ramps it up in Georgia.

From CyclingNews:

"I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in February,
when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I heard Ullrich
had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-ups just to say to
myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

Seek help.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to bluff
> better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
>
> From CyclingNews:
>
> "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
> February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
> heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-ups
> just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

Soon. It's seems to be getting worse.

trg wrote:
> Seek help.
>
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
>> bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
>>
>> From CyclingNews:
>>
>> "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
>> February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
>> heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-ups
>> just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

And what do you think was going through Jan's mind when he got the news of Krispy's stellar Algarve
performance? Krispy says he like to know.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Seek help.
>
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
> > bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
> >
> > From CyclingNews:
> >
> > "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
> > February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
> > heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-
> > ups just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

Is he so desparate already that he needs to comfort himself with this
talk :))

I think he overestimated the competition at the Algarve, dutch Rabobank Trade 3! Team was second
best team after Postal , young rider Thomas Dekker was fourth in that TT lance is bragging about.

I don't think Ullrich is impressed, he never started a TdF without finishing first or second few can
say that... (and he has been worse this time a year than he is now)

Ciao, Richard "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> And what do you think was going through Jan's mind when he got the news of Krispy's stellar
> Algarve performance? Krispy says he like to know.
>
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Seek help.
> >
> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> > > from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
> > > bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
> > >
> > > From CyclingNews:
> > >
> > > "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
> > > February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
> > > heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-
> > > ups just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."
> >

> I don't think Ullrich is impressed, he never started a TdF without finishing first or second few
> can say that... (and he has been worse this time a year than he is now)

Both those statements are true for me as well :)

B. Lafferty wrote:
> from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to bluff
> better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
>
> From CyclingNews:
>
> "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
> February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
> heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-ups
> just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."

Well, turns out Ullrich isn't losing sleep. He even dropped out of the CLASICA DE ALMERIA after just
71 kms to catch up on his zzz's. I guess Armstrong won't be doing situps either.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
> > bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
> >
> > From CyclingNews:
> >
> > "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
> > February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
> > heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-
> > ups just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."
>
> Well, turns out Ullrich isn't losing sleep. He even dropped out of the CLASICA DE ALMERIA after
> just 71 kms to catch up on his zzz's. I guess Armstrong won't be doing situps either.

Interesting, but not what the news services reported. What's your source?

---------------------------------

From CyclingNews: Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) described himself as happy with his first race of the
season, the Clasica Almeria in Spain, won by La Boulangère's Thomas Voeckler. Ullrich was part of
the main field that finished too far behind the 20 leaders to be classified. "After my preparation
with three training camps altogether, I feel on the right road towards the Tour de France," Ullrich
told the SID newsagency. "It is not my aim yet to keep up with the best riders. Above all, it was
important for getting the first racing kilometres in. That can now be built on."

From PezCyclingNews: Jan Ullrich has started to warm up his big diesel engine of a body by turning
out at the Clasica de Almeria, saying he couldn't have had a better start to his season, and telling
his website that he was happy to finish in the main bunch (over 20 minutes back) because Guerini and
Konecny were in the front of the race.

You might also look at http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040229/8/3wog5.html

I got it from a Spanish site that listed him as "retirado" (withdrawn). As I now realize, the 71 by
his name wasn't the mile he dropped at, it was probably just his number. Oops.

I guess he didn't drop, just finished out of the time limit.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> B. Lafferty wrote:
>>> from the anxiety of knowing that Krispy beat Floyd by one second at Algarve. Krispy needs to
>>> bluff better before he ramps it up in Georgia.
>>>
>>> From CyclingNews:
>>>
>>> "I wonder what Jan [Ullrich] thought when he heard I won in Portugal, that I'm winning in
>>> February, when I'm nowhere near my peak," Armstrong said. "I was thinking what would I do if I
>>> heard Ullrich had won a time-trial in February... I think I'd get straight down and do 50 sit-
>>> ups just to say to myself I was doing something. I didn't expect to win, but I did."
>>
>> Well, turns out Ullrich isn't losing sleep. He even dropped out of the CLASICA DE ALMERIA after
>> just 71 kms to catch up on his zzz's. I guess Armstrong won't be doing situps either.
>
> Interesting, but not what the news services reported. What's your source?
>
> ---------------------------------
>
> From CyclingNews: Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) described himself as happy with his first race of the
> season, the Clasica Almeria in Spain, won by La Boulangère's Thomas Voeckler. Ullrich was part of
> the main field that finished too far behind the 20 leaders to be classified. "After my preparation
> with three training camps altogether, I feel on the right road towards the Tour de France,"
> Ullrich told the SID newsagency. "It is not my aim yet to keep up with the best riders. Above all,
> it was important for getting the first racing kilometres in. That can now be built on."
>
> From PezCyclingNews: Jan Ullrich has started to warm up his big diesel engine of a body by turning
> out at the Clasica de Almeria, saying he couldn't have had a better start to his season, and
> telling his website that he was happy to finish in the main bunch (over 20 minutes back) because
> Guerini and Konecny were in the front of the race.
>
> You might also look at http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040229/8/3wog5.html

Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's Tour.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I got it from a Spanish site that listed him as "retirado" (withdrawn). As
> now realize, the 71 by his name wasn't the mile he dropped at, it was probably just his
> number. Oops.
>
> I guess he didn't drop, just finished out of the time limit.
>
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> Well, turns out Ullrich isn't losing sleep. He even dropped out of the CLASICA DE ALMERIA after
> >> just 71 kms to catch up on his zzz's. I guess Armstrong won't be doing situps either.
> >
> > Interesting, but not what the news services reported. What's your source?
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > From CyclingNews: Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) described himself as happy with his first race of the
> > season, the Clasica Almeria in Spain, won by La Boulangère's Thomas Voeckler. Ullrich was part
> > of the main field that finished too far behind the 20 leaders to be classified. "After my
> > preparation with three training camps altogether, I feel on the right road towards the Tour de
> > France," Ullrich told the SID newsagency. "It is not my aim yet to keep up with the best
> > riders. Above all, it was important for getting the first racing kilometres in. That can now be
> > built on."
> >
> > From PezCyclingNews: Jan Ullrich has started to warm up his big diesel engine of a body by
> > turning out at the Clasica de Almeria, saying he couldn't have had a better start to his season,
> > and telling his website that he was happy to finish in the main bunch (over 20 minutes back)
> > because Guerini and Konecny were in the front of the race.
> >
> > You might also look at http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040229/8/3wog5.html

And next year's tour as well ;)

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's Tour.
>
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I got it from a Spanish site that listed him as "retirado" (withdrawn). As I now realize, the 71
>> by his name wasn't the mile he dropped at, it was probably just his number. Oops.
>>
>> I guess he didn't drop, just finished out of the time limit.
>>
>> B. Lafferty wrote:
>>> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Interesting, but not what the news services reported. What's your source?
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------
>>>
>>> From CyclingNews: Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) described himself as happy with his first race of the
>>> season, the Clasica Almeria in Spain, won by La Boulangère's Thomas Voeckler. Ullrich was part
>>> of the main field that finished too far behind the 20 leaders to be classified. "After my
>>> preparation with three training camps altogether, I feel on the right road towards the Tour de
>>> France," Ullrich told the SID newsagency. "It is not my aim yet to keep up with the best riders.
>>> Above all, it was important for getting the first racing kilometres
>>> in. That can now be built on."
>>>
>>> From PezCyclingNews: Jan Ullrich has started to warm up his big diesel engine of a body by
>>> turning out at the Clasica de Almeria, saying he couldn't have had a better start to his season,
>>> and telling his website that he was happy to finish in the main bunch (over 20 minutes back)
>>> because Guerini and Konecny were in the front of the race.
>>>
>>> You might also look at http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040229/8/3wog5.html

Time will tell.
"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> And next year's tour as well ;)
>
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's Tour.
> >
> > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> I got it from a Spanish site that listed him as "retirado" (withdrawn). As I now realize, the
> >> 71 by his name wasn't the mile he dropped at, it was probably just his number. Oops.
> >>
> >> I guess he didn't drop, just finished out of the time limit.

On 03/01/2004 04:52 PM, in article
[email protected], "B. Lafferty"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's Tour.

Since he finished 2nd, he'll be getting #11.

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BC694999.258DE%[email protected]...
> On 03/01/2004 04:52 PM, in article [email protected], "B.
> Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Speaking of numbers, I hope LeBlanc gives Ullrich #51 in this year's
Tour.

> Since he finished 2nd, he'll be getting #11.

Of course. But for enough money, I'll bet LeBlanc would give Ullrich #51. All we need is a wealthy
German industrialist with a desire to have some fun..