Ullrich not weasel ( is there an emoticon for sheepishness?)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Appkiller, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    I have watched the stage (on tape) and have this to say, which I hope reconciles the seemingly
    disparate reports. This may mark me as one to jump to conclusions but I am hopeful that it will also
    mark me as one who can admit when I'm wrong.

    Hamilton did slow the group, knowing that Armstrong would be back. I also believe that Ullrich
    didn't want to slow if he didn't have to and was waiting for information one way or the other. He
    did look back, and did slow a bit and even more when he found out that LA was still in it. He did do
    the honorable thing, and deserves respect for it.

    So, no, Ullrich is not a weasel.

    App

    Tags:

  2. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    [email protected] (Appkiller) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have watched the stage (on tape) and have this to say, which I hope reconciles the seemingly
    > disparate reports. This may mark me as one to jump to conclusions but I am hopeful that it will
    > also mark me as one who can admit when I'm wrong.
    >
    > Hamilton did slow the group, knowing that Armstrong would be back. I also believe that Ullrich
    > didn't want to slow if he didn't have to and was waiting for information one way or the other. He
    > did look back, and did slow a bit and even more when he found out that LA was still in it. He did
    > do the honorable thing, and deserves respect for it.
    >
    > So, no, Ullrich is not a weasel.

    You are for Double Posting.

  3. Walter Mitty

    Walter Mitty Guest

    [email protected] (K. J. Papai) brightened my day with his incisive wit when in
    news:[email protected] he conjectured that:

    > [email protected] (Appkiller) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> I have watched the stage (on tape) and have this to say, which I hope reconciles the seemingly
    >> disparate reports. This may mark me as one to jump to conclusions but I am hopeful that it will
    >> also mark me as one who can admit when I'm wrong.
    >>
    >> Hamilton did slow the group, knowing that Armstrong would be back. I also believe that Ullrich
    >> didn't want to slow if he didn't have to and was waiting for information one way or the other. He
    >> did look back, and did slow a bit and even more when he found out that LA was still in it. He did
    >> do the honorable thing, and deserves respect for
    >> it.
    >>
    >> So, no, Ullrich is not a weasel.
    >>
    > You are for Double Posting.

    And you & I are for following up you net nanny you.

    --
    Walter Mitty.