Ullrich retires...

I don't know why all the sad faces - Ullrich is no martyr. He quit because the heat has gotten too hot for him. He knows what's coming down the pike. Better to go out on your own terms than be forced out a second time. The guy was cheating and got busted; "if you can't do the time then don't do the crime", period, end of story. I hope more like him get the same treatment and get shown the way to the door. This is probably the only way to rid the sport of these types - let them down easy so they won't make a big stink as they go.

Personally, I think his quitting is a way for the governing bodies to go easy on him in the future. Why beat a dead horse...

I am glad all you experts have such good...................guesses. Because that is all they are.
Damn bitter people!

wolfix said:
But the thing that has bothered me was the raid upon his house. Maybe some incriminating evidence was found..... Pure speculation on my part.
Yes that raid might have been a key to his decision.

Either incriminating evidence might have been found, or more likely the potential that all his (clean) training diaries would have been opened up for everyone to see, or simply the sheer anger he might have felt at his private life being invaded like that.

jhuskey said:
I am glad all you experts have such good...................guesses. Because that is all they are.
Damn bitter people!
A first book about the "Ullrich case" will be published on Saturday. The book is not about Ullrich being positive or not, the author uses the case to show how civil rights are being more and more given up in Germany with a showcase how the media worked in the Fuentes case.

cyclingheroes said:
A first book about the "Ullrich case" will be published on Saturday. The book is not about Ullrich being positive or not, the author uses the case to show how civil rights are being more and more given up in Germany with a showcase how the media worked in the Fuentes case.
A hark back to 1940's Germany ?

cyclingheroes said:

I heard back from Tobias and he agrees that it is not over.The media will not let go, so the theory of Jan retirement as a pre-emptive strike to soften the blow is pure ****.
The drama will perpetuate and they will hound him for some time to come.

jhuskey said:
I heard back from Tobias and he agrees that it is not over.The media will not let go, so the theory of Jan retirement as a pre-emptive strike to soften the blow is pure ****.
The drama will perpetuate and they will hound him for some time to come.
Don't worry: I won't let go either. My public letter was just published at Switzerland's leading cycling website: http://06.live-radsport.ch/details_5243/Offener_Brief_an_Jan_Ullrich.html?PHPSESSID=6c37a42d1cc4cc405b750bb92d40bda2

One of the leading German cycling websites, radsport-aktiv.de will publish quotes from the public letter...

I have send copies to the Ullrich team as well (Tobias, Lang & others)

jhuskey said:
Damn bitter people!
I think you'd have clearer view of the world of cycling without the blinders...

whiteboytrash said:
A hark back to 1940's Germany ?
Uh, are we being a little dramatic here? These people were dirty, plain and simple. You want the sport cleaned up, right???? Make up your mind; with change there will be some discomfort inflicted on the CHEATERS. The non-cheaters have nothing to worry about, and they know it.

It's not like in America where the so-called war are terror has probably trashed the rights of probably every 18-40 year old Muslim-American male. Try and get on a plane in America with the last name Muhammad and not get hassled or harassed...

tonyzackery said:
Uh, are we being a little dramatic here? These people were dirty, plain and simple. You want the sport cleaned up, right???? Make up your mind; with change there will be some discomfort inflicted on the CHEATERS. The non-cheaters have nothing to worry about, and they know it.

It's not like in America where the so-called war are terror has probably trashed the rights of probably every 18-40 year old Muslim-American male. Try and get on a plane in America with the last name Muhammad and not get hassled or harassed...
It's called the 'Blood for Oil War' Tony. Their blood, their $10 Trillion in Oil reserves. (Iraq alone)

NFL football is steroid infested--and yet we adore it's Roman Gladiator pharmaceutical created freaks:
Michael Irvin, Terrell Owens, Shawne Merriman, Lawrence Taylor, Terry Bradshaw, Dana Stubblefield, Bill Romanowski, Barrett Robbins, Ricky Williams, Chuck Munice, OJ Simpson, et al....

And Muhammad Ali was a big doper too! He even doped between rounds in violation of the silly rules. It worked too---but just look at him now.

Non-cheaters do NOT collect any wages in cylcing.

tonyzackery said:
I think you'd have clearer view of the world of cycling without the blinders...

Perhaps if you had information beyond what you read in the paper or on the internet your perspective would change.
My eyes are wide open so please enlighten me with the first hand information and or evidence that you have.
Otherwise I hear Blah Blah Blah.

cyclingheroes said:
Don't worry: I won't let go either. My public letter was just published at Switzerland's leading cycling website: http://06.live-radsport.ch/details_5243/Offener_Brief_an_Jan_Ullrich.html?PHPSESSID=6c37a42d1cc4cc405b750bb92d40bda2

One of the leading German cycling websites, radsport-aktiv.de will publish quotes from the public letter...

I have send copies to the Ullrich team as well (Tobias, Lang & others)

CH,I hear that the Spainish have released the blood bags. What do you hear?

jhuskey said:
Perhaps if you had information beyond what you read in the paper or on the internet your perspective would change.
My eyes are wide open so please enlighten me with the first hand information and or evidence that you have.
Tony defends his NFL as 'clean'. So consider the source.

btw: another steroid bust in Florida yesterday. The drug cheater clients run from high school and college coaches to MLB and the NFL players!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17368148/

They all dope in football too. 100%

jhuskey said:
your naivete is interesting...

In my world, I don't need anyone to tell me that that substance in the grass that looks and smells a lot like dog **** is, in actuality, dog ****...:D

tonyzackery said:

In my world, I don't need anyone to tell me that that substance in the grass that looks and smells a lot like dog **** is, in actuality, dog ****...:D

Oh well, then there is all the proof I need. You have nothing except an opinion.
You are entitled to it but you will excuse me if I don't believe theory and until you have more than what you hear and want to believe I am through discussing it.
Besides, I have denied nothing.

tonyzackery said:

Is that what your NFL steroid addicted pals tell you?

Ricky Williams
Shawne Merriman
Michael Irvin
Terrell Owens
Terry Bradshaw
Bill Romanowski
Dana Stubblefield
Barrett Robbins
Chris Cooper
Todd Stauerbran
Todd Steussie
James Shortt, MD
Theresa Denny, MD

http://www.casewatch.org/doj/shortt/indictment.shtml

Flyer's.Finale! said:
Is that what your NFL steroid addicted pals tell you?

Ricky Williams
Shawne Merriman
Michael Irvin
Terrell Owens
Terry Bradshaw
Bill Romanowski
Dana Stubblefield
Barrett Robbins
Chris Cooper
Todd Stauerbran
Todd Steussie
James Shortt, MD
Theresa Denny, MD

http://www.casewatch.org/doj/shortt/indictment.shtml
nice try from someone that hasn't attained an elite level in any athletic discipline...I know your M.O., and it doesn't work with me...move on to someone else who doesn't know you...