Ullrich & Steinhauser :

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by limerickman, Feb 7, 2005.

1. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Seems that these two are inseperable : when they're not cycling together around the lakes of Switzerland, they're cycling together round Tuscany instead !!!!!!!!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/feb05/feb07news

Jan Ullrich (T-Mobile) is continuing his early season build up by training in the winter sun in Tuscany, Italy. The 31 year-old is being accompanied by his mentor Rudy Pevenage and training partner Tobias Steinhauser. "I've done a lot of intense training during the last days at home on the trainer," said Ullrich on T-Mobile's website. "But now I'm glad to be able to ride on the road again. Blue skies and sunshine make it easier to cover the many kilometres."

Pevenage commented that Steinhauser's presence will help Ullrich. The pair plan to debut in the Tour of Murcia at the beginning of March. "The two of them find the necessary conditions here to get prepared for the challenges ahead," he said. "And maybe one or another riders from the team will drop by for a training ride."

Tags:

2. birdman23

birdman23 New Member

This caught my eye today as well Limerick. What exactly is the history between these two? Any info would be great.

3. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Seemingly, they're the best of friends.
    So much so that when Ullrich left Telekom in 2002, he insisted that any team wishing to buy his services would also have to take on Pevenage and Steinhauser as well !

4. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Well I sure wish him well. I`ve always like Jan and would like him to have a great season. The way I look at it the poor guy had the misfortune of having great expectations placed upon him during the Armstrong hegemony.

Seems to me people judge him a failure because he was unable to beat Lance.

5. youhaditcoming

youhaditcoming New Member

Hi

A failure... common. Ullrich was the best man in the 2003 Tour, he actually won the 1997 Tour and later on the Tour of Spain. Its also remarkable he made Tour second podium spot 5 times, and his worst result being fourth. However, i don't think he'll have an expectacular 2005 and 2006 seasons.

Regards

6. cydewaze

cydewaze New Member

I wonder why they don't just fly to Australia to train during the winter.

7. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

They move around a lot. They did some training in S Africa in December and besides Steinhauser has an apartment in Tuscany and they both like the area.
    They should be headed to Majorca the last of this month.