Ullrich threatens to leave team

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Heinz Getzler, Mar 9, 2003.

  1. Ullrich has threatened to leave Team coast if he is not paid in 2 weeks. According to
    cyclingnews.com. I saw leave in one week if the UCI issue is not settled. Why should Jan stick
    around and waste his season???

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ullrich has threatened to leave Team coast if he is not paid in 2 weeks. According to
    > cyclingnews.com. I saw leave in one week if the UCI issue is not settled. Why should Jan stick
    > around and waste his season???

    Why was he too stupid to accept Riis's offer?

  3. "Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ullrich has threatened to leave Team coast if he is not paid in 2 weeks. According to
    > cyclingnews.com. I saw leave in one week if the UCI issue is not settled. Why should Jan stick
    > around and waste his season???

    He wasted last season with a team that was paying him. At least this way he'd have a good excuse.

  4. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    Riis wanted to sign Ullrich and not the 6 or 7 person entourage that goes with him. Coast allowed
    him to bring all these people along. I think he will only go as a last resort as it will be less
    'comforatble' for him.. Stan Cox

    > "Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ullrich has threatened to leave Team coast if he is not paid in 2 weeks. According to
    > > cyclingnews.com. I saw leave in one week if the UCI issue is not settled. Why should Jan stick
    > > around and waste his season???
    >
    > Why was he too stupid to accept Riis's offer?

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Someone here pointed out the Jan has become a loser partly because of his yes-man entourage. He
    needs someone that will kick his butt like Riis would.

    "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Riis wanted to sign Ullrich and not the 6 or 7 person entourage that
    goes
    > with him. Coast allowed him to bring all these people along. I think
    he will
    > only go as a last resort as it will be less 'comforatble' for him.. Stan Cox

    > > "Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Ullrich has threatened to leave Team coast if he is not paid in
    2
    > > > weeks. According to cyclingnews.com. I saw leave in one week if
    the
    > > > UCI issue is not settled. Why should Jan stick around and waste
    his
    > > > season???
    > >
    > > Why was he too stupid to accept Riis's offer?

  6. In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Someone here pointed out the Jan has become a loser partly because of his yes-man entourage. He
    > needs someone that will kick his butt like Riis would.

    THWACK! You stay away from that strudel! Drop and give me twenty!

  7. Marlene Blanshay wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Someone here pointed out the Jan has become a loser partly because of his yes-man entourage. He
    > > needs someone that will kick his butt like Riis would.
    > >

    > THWACK! You stay away from that strudel! Drop and give me twenty!

    teehee..sounds like you would enjoy doing the "discipline jan" thing a bit more than riis would.

  8. Bart

    Bart Guest

    This is true. Lefevere is so wrong working out a job for nurturing substitute-mum Pevenage,
    just for Jan.

  9. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Riis wanted to sign Ullrich and not the 6 or 7 person entourage that goes with him. Coast allowed
    > him to bring all these people along. I think he will only go as a last resort as it will be less
    > 'comforatble' for him.. Stan Cox

    He's starting to remind me of Mike Tyson.

  10. In article <[email protected]>, heather halvorson <clevisremov[email protected]> wrote:

    > Marlene Blanshay wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Someone here pointed out the Jan has become a loser partly because of his yes-man entourage.
    > > > He needs someone that will kick his butt like Riis would.
    > > >

    > > THWACK! You stay away from that strudel! Drop and give me twenty!
    >
    > teehee..sounds like you would enjoy doing the "discipline jan" thing a bit more than riis would.

    LOL... Yes, i imagine myself with one of those spiky, bleached blond german-dominatrix buzzcuts,
    dressed in leather and wielding a riding crop... thwack!

  11. In article <[email protected]>, heather halvorson <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Marlene Blanshay wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, heather halvorson <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > i'm all for marlene being in charge of discipline. i'd even volunteer rbr as a training
    > > > ground... h
    > >
    > > LOL... where is all this coming from. Have you all been talking to my old boyfriends???
    >
    > don't know where it came from! but hey, even i sat up straighter when i read your "THWACK!"
    >
    > my boyfriend and i speculate that this is how erik zabel does so well training and racing (have
    > you seen his wife?).
    >
    > "erik, i hope you aren't getting too tired with the bike racing." "but my liebling, i just won a
    > vuelta stage for the first time?!" "ja, but there are dishes to be done, and garbage to be taken
    > out, no?"
    (thwack..)

    She doesn't look like the dominatrix type- more like a former Miss Berlin or something.

  12. Bart <[email protected]> wrote:
    > This is true. Lefevere is so wrong working out a job for nurturing substitute-mum Pevenage, just
    > for Jan.

    Lefevere is doing that? Lefevere has a good record of reviving wayward bike racers, maybe he can pay
    Pevenage to stay home.

    From velonews.com:

    Pevenage said Ullrich comes as a package and that won't be cheap even in today's cycling climate.

    "My mobile telephone has been on all the time and so far no team has called me to make an offer,"
    Pevenage told Reuters. "The problem is that there is not much money in cycling at the moment and
    there are five of us in Jan's entourage -- Jan, his training partner, me, his mechanic and his
    masseur. That's a lot of people to find money for."

    Sheesh. Pevenage has a sweet deal there, latched onto Jan like a suckerfish. So Jan can't go to a
    real team because they'd have to pay Pevenage? What results has Rudy got Jan in the last four years?

    BTW, VDB has made the New York Times,
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/sports/othersports/09BIKE.html

    Sam Abt says

    The last three years he was not so good," admitted his latest directeur sportif, the kindly and
    patient Patrick Lefevere of the new Quick Step team in Belgium, who rescued Vandenbroucke for the
    2002 season from a sulky exile with the Lampre team in Italy. ...

    "He did it to himself," Lefevere said in an interview. He is kindly and patient only up
    to a point.

    Possibly the first time anyone has called Lefevere "kindly"?

  13. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Jan needs to get rid of the Klingons. What kind of fool demands an entourage AND allows one of the
    members to handle negotiations? Talk about conflict of interests. I can just imagine Bjarne
    calling Jan and have Rudy answer the phone. "Can I please speak directly to Jan?" "No, he is my
    biker bitch."

    "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Bart <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > This is true. Lefevere is so wrong working out a job for nurturing substitute-mum Pevenage, just
    > > for Jan.
    >
    > Lefevere is doing that? Lefevere has a good record of reviving wayward bike racers, maybe he can
    > pay Pevenage to stay home.
    >
    > From velonews.com:
    >
    > Pevenage said Ullrich comes as a package and that won't be cheap even in today's cycling
    > climate.
    >
    > "My mobile telephone has been on all the time and so far no team has called me to make an
    > offer," Pevenage told Reuters. "The problem is that there is not much money in cycling at the
    > moment and there are five of us in Jan's entourage -- Jan, his training partner, me, his
    > mechanic and his masseur. That's a lot of people to find money for."
    >
    > Sheesh. Pevenage has a sweet deal there, latched onto Jan like a suckerfish. So Jan can't go
    > to a real team because they'd have to pay Pevenage? What results has Rudy got Jan in the last
    > four years?
    >
    > BTW, VDB has made the New York Times,
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/sports/othersports/09BIKE.html
    >
    > Sam Abt says
    >
    > The last three years he was not so good," admitted his latest directeur sportif, the kindly and
    > patient Patrick Lefevere of the new Quick Step team in Belgium, who rescued Vandenbroucke for
    > the 2002 season from a sulky exile with the Lampre team in Italy. ...
    >
    > "He did it to himself," Lefevere said in an interview. He is kindly and patient only up to a
    > point.
    >
    > Possibly the first time anyone has called Lefevere "kindly"?

  14. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  15. "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > > She loves the tanning salon. http://rhein-zeitung.de/on/00/07/07/sport/news/zabel-torte_.jpg
    > >
    > > She looks like she just came out the front door of a double-wide to put the birthday cake on the
    > > resin furniture.
    >
    > Familiar with the concept, eh?

    I'm surrounded by it, although as a point of contrast at least her teeth seem decent.

  16. "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > > She looks like she just came out the front door of a double-wide to put the birthday cake on
    > > > the resin furniture.
    > >
    > > Familiar with the concept, eh?
    > >

    > I'm surrounded by it, although as a point of contrast at least her teeth seem decent.

    By that I mean complete.

  17. Marlene Blanshay wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, heather halvorson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > > my boyfriend and i speculate that this is how erik zabel does so well training and racing (have
    > > you seen his wife?).
    > >

    > She doesn't look like the dominatrix type- more like a former Miss Berlin or something.

    hmm, maybe it's because she's a blond german woman and reminds me too much of my mother that i get
    those vibes from her.

    but that aside, pretty girls can be tough, too (http://www.domkarin.com/gallery/mskarinvk.jpg)

    heather