Ullrich to ride Munich Six-Day

Davey Crockett

Guest
It's a virtual certainty that Jan Ullrich will be on the start line at 20:00 Hrs in Munich
on Thursday.

What isn't so clear though is whether he will be on a Bianchi or a Pinarello.

--
le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://24.112.154.233:5080/sixday/sixday.html

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> It's a virtual certainty that Jan Ullrich will be on the start line at 20:00 Hrs in Munich on
>> Thursday.
>>
>> What isn't so clear though is whether he will be on a Bianchi or a Pinarello.
>>

> For that matter, why not a Giant?

And why not indeeed.

And on the new GreenTyres (Bianco-Celeste flavour) too.....

http://www.increvable.com/chapitregreentyre.htm

--

news:87r80nerwc.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com. ..
> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:87he1k0zwi.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com. ..
> >> It's a virtual certainty that Jan Ullrich will be on the start line at 20:00 Hrs in Munich on
> >> Thursday.
> >>
> >> What isn't so clear though is whether he will be on a Bianchi or a Pinarello.
> >>

> > For that matter, why not a Giant?

The new contract probably is not effective at least until January or later. I would guess he will be
on a Bianchi or a Pinarello.

> And why not indeeed.
>
> And on the new GreenTyres (Bianco-Celeste flavour) too.....
>
> http://www.increvable.com/chapitregreentyre.htm
>
> --
> le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://24.112.154.233:5080/sixday/sixday.html

I'm going to predict that he's on a Giant in T----Mobile kit.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> ..
> > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> > > "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> ..

> > > For that matter, why not a Giant?
>
> The new contract probably is not effective at least until January or
later.
> I would guess he will be on a Bianchi or a Pinarello.
>

> > And why not indeeed.
> >
> > And on the new GreenTyres (Bianco-Celeste flavour) too.....
> >
> > http://www.increvable.com/chapitregreentyre.htm
> >
> > --
> > le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://24.112.154.233:5080/sixday/sixday.html

> I'm going to predict that he's on a Giant in T----Mobile kit.

Cool. I wonder if they will come up with an all new design for Telekom? That is a big coup. Also
unknown is whether the new sponsor for the team formerly known as ONCE will continue with Giant. Has
anyone heard?

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:47:28 GMT, B. Lafferty wrote:
> I'm going to predict that he's on a Giant in T----Mobile kit.

No way, and does Giant even have track bikes?

> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:47:28 GMT, B. Lafferty wrote:
> > I'm going to predict that he's on a Giant in T----Mobile kit.
>
> No way, and does Giant even have track bikes?

Well no, but I am sure they can come up with some stickers like every other sponsor.

Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote in message
> It's a virtual certainty that Jan Ullrich will be on the start line at 20:00 Hrs in Munich on
> Thursday.
>
> What isn't so clear though is whether he will be on a Bianchi or a Pinarello.

Whatever bike he rides, this doesn't sound like a good idea.

I don't want anything to happen to him, but I'm going to predict that Ullrich is in a tumble, and
possibly one that may have ramifications for his big plans this coming summer...

-RJ

P.S. I wonder what gear he'll use primarily.

In article <[email protected]>, Ronaldo Jeremiah
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> It's a virtual certainty that Jan Ullrich will be on the start line at 20:00 Hrs in Munich on
>> Thursday.
>>
>> What isn't so clear though is whether he will be on a Bianchi or a Pinarello.
>
>Whatever bike he rides, this doesn't sound like a good idea.
>
>I don't want anything to happen to him, but I'm going to predict that Ullrich is in a tumble, and
>possibly one that may have ramifications for his big plans this coming summer...
>
>-RJ
>
>P.S. I wonder what gear he'll use primarily.

Probably about the same size as everybody else. There are reasons they do things that way....

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton -*- Colorado Springs, CO -*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com -*- Track Racing
Web Services

scott patton wrote:

> Probably about the same size as everybody else. There are reasons they do things that way....

It makes it easier to synchronize the leg positions, for one.

scott patton wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Ronaldo Jeremiah
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> It's a virtual certainty that Jan Ullrich will be on the start line at 20:00 Hrs in Munich on
> >> Thursday.
> >>
> >> What isn't so clear though is whether he will be on a Bianchi or a Pinarello.
> >
> >Whatever bike he rides, this doesn't sound like a good idea.

He will be on the start line, maybe to fire the starter's pistol. But he won't be competing in
the event.

Michael, Munich

scott patton wrote:

>>P.S. I wonder what gear he'll use primarily.
>
> Probably about the same size as everybody else. There are reasons they do things that way....

Except Jan's always been a bigger gear, slower rpm rider, hasn't he? Will riding the track increase
his rpm and sprint on the road next year?

Jay Hill wrote:
> scott patton wrote:
>

>>> P.S. I wonder what gear he'll use primarily.
>>

>> Probably about the same size as everybody else. There are reasons they do things that way....
>

> Except Jan's always been a bigger gear, slower rpm rider, hasn't he? Will riding the track
> increase his rpm and sprint on the road next year?

Observant folks noted that Ullrich was riding with a much higher cadence in the 2002 Tour,
expectation is that he'll continue to up the RPM's in his training for 2004.

Richard Adams wrote:

> Jay Hill wrote:

>>> Probably about the same size as everybody else. There are reasons they do things that way....
>>

>> Except Jan's always been a bigger gear, slower rpm rider, hasn't he? Will riding the track
>> increase his rpm and sprint on the road next year?
>

> Observant folks noted that Ullrich was riding with a much higher cadence in the 2002 Tour,
> expectation is that he'll continue to up the RPM's in his training for 2004.

My bad typo, 2003 not 2002 (he was exstactic in 2002.)

"Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Jay Hill wrote:

> >> Probably about the same size as everybody else. There are reasons they do things that way....
> >

> > Except Jan's always been a bigger gear, slower rpm rider, hasn't he? Will riding the track
> > increase his rpm and sprint on the road next year?
>
> Observant folks noted that Ullrich was riding with a much higher cadence in the 2002 Tour,
> expectation is that he'll continue to up the RPM's in his training for 2004.

More observant folks noted that he has always been spun faster when he is in top form. Take a look
at him in the '96 and '97 Tours in the mountain stages. I think he only really gets bogged down when
under pressure and he is ready to blow up. Perhaps now he also spins in those conditions but it is
not as if he was never able to do it. He was also rumored to spin quite a bit more during his base
miles in order to give his dodgy knee some rest.

Nick Burns wrote:

> "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Jay Hill wrote:

>>>Except Jan's always been a bigger gear, slower rpm rider, hasn't he? Will riding the track
>>>increase his rpm and sprint on the road next year?
>>
>>Observant folks noted that Ullrich was riding with a much higher cadence in the 2002 Tour,
>>expectation is that he'll continue to up the RPM's in his training for 2004.
>

> More observant folks noted that he has always been spun faster when he is in top form. Take a look
> at him in the '96 and '97 Tours in the mountain stages. I think he only really gets bogged down
> when under pressure and he is ready to blow up. Perhaps now he also spins in those conditions but
> it is not as if he was never able to do it. He was also rumored to spin quite a bit more during
> his base miles in order to give his dodgy knee some rest.

I forget who said it, but he was doing about 10 more RPM in TT rides than he has done in the past.