Ullrich Underwhelming at Murcia

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Fat_old_man, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Fat_old_man

    Fat_old_man Guest

    Dropped in stage 1 1 1/2 minutes off the pace in 21k time trial stage 2

    FWIW: Armstong not dropped stage 1; 29 sec off the pace in stage 2 TT

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "fat_old_man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dropped in stage 1 1 1/2 minutes off the pace in 21k time trial stage 2
    >
    > FWIW: Armstong not dropped stage 1; 29 sec off the pace in stage 2 TT

    Which means absolutely nothing on March 4th

    Dave

  3. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    fat_old_man wrote:
    > Dropped in stage 1 1 1/2 minutes off the pace in 21k time trial stage 2
    >
    > FWIW: Armstong not dropped stage 1; 29 sec off the pace in stage 2 TT

    Last year, in the final ITT, Lance was 2 seconds off the winner ub 12+ km, although it's also an
    issue of the top two results this year perhaps being extraordinary:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=2003/mar03/murcia03/murcia035

    Nice ride by Iban Mayo, at 48 seconds. Last year, he lost that much in only 12km, in what was
    probably a less competitive winning result. Danger man for July?

    Dan

  4. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "fat_old_man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dropped in stage 1 1 1/2 minutes off the pace in 21k time trial stage 2
    >
    > FWIW: Armstong not dropped stage 1; 29 sec off the pace in stage 2 TT

    I have to think that Ullrich is quite pleased with the result. Torsten Schmidt must be thrilled to
    finish in front of Krispy when he was over five minutes down on him in Stage 12 last year. Great
    rider out of the Chicky World team of the 1990s, IIRC.

    Mayo and Evans seem to be where they should be as well.

  5. On 4 Mar 2004 08:40:48 -0800, fat_old_man wrote:
    > 1 1/2 minutes off the pace in 21k time trial stage 2

    Jan in a post-race interview on ARD: "Ich bin sicher nicht 100-prozentig gefahren. Es war das erste
    Mal auf 'ne völlig neues Rad."

  6. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:11:12 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On 4 Mar 2004 08:40:48 -0800, fat_old_man wrote:
    >> 1 1/2 minutes off the pace in 21k time trial stage 2
    >
    >Jan in a post-race interview on ARD: "Ich bin sicher nicht 100-prozentig gefahren. Es war das erste
    >Mal auf 'ne völlig neues Rad."

    "I drove surely not 100 percent. It was the first time on a completely new wheel."

  7. On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:18:04 -0500, Lindsay wrote:
    >> Rad
    >
    > wheel

    Short for Fahrrad actually, so: bicycle.

  8. Rene Clancy

    Rene Clancy Guest

    "Lindsay" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >Jan in a post-race interview on ARD: "Ich bin sicher nicht 100-prozentig gefahren. Es war das
    > >erste Mal auf 'ne völlig neues Rad."
    >
    > "I drove surely not 100 percent. It was the first time on a completely new wheel."

    Rad = Bike

  9. "fat_old_man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dropped in stage 1 1 1/2 minutes off the pace in 21k time trial stage 2
    >
    > FWIW: Armstong not dropped stage 1; 29 sec off the pace in stage 2 TT

    Michael Barry had a good ride to finish in 12th. Is he now a strong contender for a spot on the
    Tour team?

    -T