Ullrich watch, day 1

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, May 14, 2003.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Where now?

    Tags:

  2. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Robert Chung <[email protected]am.com> wrote:
    > Where now?

    Good question, complicated by Monday's deadline for Tour wildcards. Automatic entry not
    withstanding, if they do not have financially stable sponsorship, they will not ride the Tour. This
    means that someone in addition to Bianchi has to come up with cash and soon, or else Ullrich has a
    very difficult decision to make. Just switching the team's license is not enough. That just makes it
    easier for Jean-Marie to rationalize that the team that received the automatic entry no longer
    exists. And then its hello to Jean Delatour.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Where now?
    >
    > Good question, complicated by Monday's deadline for Tour wildcards. Automatic entry not
    > withstanding, if they do not have financially stable sponsorship, they will not ride the Tour.
    > This means that someone in addition to Bianchi has to come up with cash and soon, or else Ullrich
    > has a very difficult decision to make. Just switching the team's license is not enough. That just
    > makes it easier for Jean-Marie to rationalize that the team that received the automatic entry no
    > longer exists. And then its hello to Jean Delatour.

    LeBlanc will find a way not to take Coast. That opens up one more spot for a French team. Phonak is
    on the bubble and must be burning up phone lines right now. Zulle is shitting a brick. CSC is
    saying, "I told you so."

  4. > LeBlanc will find a way not to take Coast. That opens up one more spot for
    > French team. Phonak is on the bubble and must be burning up phone lines right now. Zulle is
    > shitting a brick. CSC is saying, "I told you so."

    Will Ullrich resist the temptation to have a domestic disturbence charge with Gabby?

  5. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3ec26be5$0$3567 [email protected]:

    > Where now?

    It's interesting to note Tyler Hamilton's success with Riis and CSC, while Ullrich spurned their
    offer because Coast offered more money that apparently doesn't exist.

    A few days ago Cyclingnews mentioned Cofidis as a potential suitor for Ullrich. This makes the most
    sense to me since he seems determined to squander his talent and Cofidis is cursed . . . his
    troubles with weight control, ecstacy, and driving will all seem like nothing compared with the
    disasters that await if he signs with them.

    NS

  6. "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...

    > LeBlanc will find a way not to take Coast. That opens up one more spot for
    > French team. Phonak is on the bubble and must be burning up phone lines right now. Zulle is
    > shitting a brick. CSC is saying, "I told you so."

    Actually, Bjarne Riis said: "Jan must come to me now. I spent 6 months trying to get him to join my
    team, and we lost him in the last minute". But
    Mr. Riis is probably _thinking_: "I told you so, you greedy mothe#ยค%&(&"

    HB