ullrich

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bounty Bob, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. Bounty Bob

    Bounty Bob Guest

    okay that time ullrich definitely stupidly helped armstrong
    to get onto vino. Idiot.

    Tags:

  2. Ernst Noch

    Ernst Noch Guest

    Bounty Bob wrote:
    > okay that time ullrich definitely stupidly helped armstrong
    > to get onto vino. Idiot.

    That's the start of the mountain. T-Mobile is interested to stay
    togather in this phase. You see that Ullrich also tries to lower the
    speed when Vino is hanging back.

  3. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >Bounty Bob wrote:
    >> okay that time ullrich definitely stupidly helped armstrong
    >> to get onto vino. Idiot.

    >That's the start of the mountain. T-Mobile is interested to stay
    >togather in this phase. You see that Ullrich also tries to lower the
    >speed when Vino is hanging back.

    In spite of all his failings, Ullrich is still the best t-mobile guy
    on the road, so...

  4. Ernst Noch

    Ernst Noch Guest

    Bounty Bob wrote:
    > Keith wrote:

    >>> That's the start of the mountain. T-Mobile is interested to stay
    >>> togather in this phase. You see that Ullrich also tries to lower the
    >>> speed when Vino is hanging back.

    >> In spite of all his failings, Ullrich is still the best t-mobile guy
    >> on the road, so...

    > Dear god ... last climb now vino breaks again and this
    > time kloden and ullrich chase him down. Shoot T-Mobile management.

    Dude, get a clue! This are tactical manouvers, to try to get someone
    follow Vino. You see that he now dropped back again.

  5. Bounty Bob

    Bounty Bob Guest

    Keith wrote:
    >>Bounty Bob wrote:
    >>
    >>> okay that time ullrich definitely stupidly helped armstrong
    >>>to get onto vino. Idiot.

    >>That's the start of the mountain. T-Mobile is interested to stay
    >>togather in this phase. You see that Ullrich also tries to lower the
    >>speed when Vino is hanging back.

    > In spite of all his failings, Ullrich is still the best t-mobile guy
    > on the road, so...

    Dear god ... last climb now vino breaks again and this
    time kloden and ullrich chase him down. Shoot T-Mobile management.

  6. BigLoco

    BigLoco Guest

    I don't know about it being tactics...I think Vino is sort of riding for
    himself...I like his spirit, though

    "Ernst Noch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Bounty Bob wrote:

    >>> In spite of all his failings, Ullrich is still the best t-mobile guy
    >>> on the road, so...

    >> Dear god ... last climb now vino breaks again and this
    >> time kloden and ullrich chase him down. Shoot T-Mobile management.

    > Dude, get a clue! This are tactical manouvers, to try to get someone
    > follow Vino. You see that he now dropped back again.

  7. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >>> In spite of all his failings, Ullrich is still the best t-mobile guy
    >>> on the road, so...

    >> Dear god ... last climb now vino breaks again and this
    >> time kloden and ullrich chase him down. Shoot T-Mobile management.

    >Dude, get a clue! This are tactical manouvers, to try to get someone
    >follow Vino. You see that he now dropped back again.

    Exactly, Vino doesn't stand a chance

  8. Bounty Bob

    Bounty Bob Guest

    Ernst Noch wrote:
    > Bounty Bob wrote:

    >>> In spite of all his failings, Ullrich is still the best t-mobile guy
    >>> on the road, so...

    >> Dear god ... last climb now vino breaks again and this
    >> time kloden and ullrich chase him down. Shoot T-Mobile management.

    > Dude, get a clue! This are tactical manouvers, to try to get someone
    > follow Vino. You see that he now dropped back again.

    But it was his teammates! That makes no sense.

  9. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >>> Dear god ... last climb now vino breaks again and this
    >>> time kloden and ullrich chase him down. Shoot T-Mobile management.

    >> Dude, get a clue! This are tactical manouvers, to try to get someone
    >> follow Vino. You see that he now dropped back again.

    > But it was his teammates! That makes no sense.

    It's a moot point, if he can't keep up, it made no sense for him to
    attack, he should have flattened himself on the road for Ullrich

  10. "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >>> Dude, get a clue! This are tactical manouvers, to try to get someone
    >>> follow Vino. You see that he now dropped back again.

    >> But it was his teammates! That makes no sense.

    > It's a moot point, if he can't keep up, it made no sense for him to
    > attack, he should have flattened himself on the road for Ullrich

    Exactly. Vino is just being selfish. Doesn't really matter though as Lance
    is so strong.

  11. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >>> But it was his teammates! That makes no sense.

    >> It's a moot point, if he can't keep up, it made no sense for him to
    >> attack, he should have flattened himself on the road for Ullrich
    >>

    >Exactly. Vino is just being selfish. Doesn't really matter though as Lance
    >is so strong.

    Yes, still it wouldn't hurt if Vino did his best to help Ullrich

  12. Fred Marx

    Fred Marx Guest

    > Dear god ... last climb now vino breaks again and this
    > time kloden and ullrich chase him down. Shoot T-Mobile management.

    hmm one man's chase could be another man's bridge, non?
    Vino breaks, JAn and Klodi bride and they al three ride away form LANCE.
    Although one staying back to hinder a LANCE bridge would be better I think.

  13. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:32:01 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Dude, get a clue! This are tactical manouvers, to try to get someone
    >>> follow Vino. You see that he now dropped back again.

    >> But it was his teammates! That makes no sense.

    >It's a moot point, if he can't keep up, it made no sense for him to
    >attack, he should have flattened himself on the road for Ullrich

    Vino, if he was going to do anything for himself, had to attack then.
    Hoping they would let him get a little gap before reeling him back in.
    That way he'd end up only 1 minute behind Armstrong at the end instead
    of 2 minutes behind.

    He was in NO position to pull or do anything for Ullrich who was
    clearly stronger. Vino was already cracking when it would have been
    time for him to help.

    Dumbass Jan should have just let him go up the road a bit and get his
    little gap, knowing he will be falling back before long.

    But they have no plan, no cohesion, nothing.

  14. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:15:43 +1000, Bounty Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > okay that time ullrich definitely stupidly helped armstrong
    >to get onto vino. Idiot.

    Vino & Jan - The hare and the tortoise.

  15. On 16 Jul 2005 11:16:55 -0700, Bill C wrote:
    > If Jan comes back next year I'm predicting a win by about 2'30"
    > over the field just by doing exactly what he has the whole time.

    It'll be between The Invincible and The Terminaitor.

    --
    Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

  16. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    David Ferguson wrote:

    >>> But it was his teammates! That makes no sense.

    >>It's a moot point, if he can't keep up, it made no sense for him to
    >>attack, he should have flattened himself on the road for Ullrich

    > Vino, if he was going to do anything for himself, had to attack then.
    > Hoping they would let him get a little gap before reeling him back in.
    > That way he'd end up only 1 minute behind Armstrong at the end instead
    > of 2 minutes behind.
    >
    > He was in NO position to pull or do anything for Ullrich who was
    > clearly stronger. Vino was already cracking when it would have been
    > time for him to help.
    >
    > Dumbass Jan should have just let him go up the road a bit and get his
    > little gap, knowing he will be falling back before long.
    >
    > But they have no plan, no cohesion, nothing.

    They did do one thing right: they put Guerini on the road, and he was
    able to briefly help Ullrich on the Pailheres. A drop in an otherwise
    empty bucket.

  17. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    > They did do one thing right: they put Guerini on the road, and he was
    > able to briefly help Ullrich on the Pailheres. A drop in an otherwise
    > empty bucket.

    Sorry - Nardello.

  18. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:06:29 -0700, sonarrat <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> They did do one thing right: they put Guerini on the road, and he was
    >> able to briefly help Ullrich on the Pailheres. A drop in an otherwise
    >> empty bucket.

    >Sorry - Nardello.

    Yes, as I mention in another thread, it was a thing of beauty.

    They have the best "Top 5 guys" on a team and they really put the
    screws to DSC and made them a non factor instead of letting them run
    the 6+ year old plan.

    Sadly I don't think they will recongnize how effective it was and will
    all just hang on tomorrow hoping not to get dropped by a big yellow
    bee that they stirred up today.

  19. trg

    trg Guest

    "David Ferguson" <[email protected]> a √©crit dans le message de
    news: [email protected]...
    > On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:06:29 -0700, sonarrat <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>> They did do one thing right: they put Guerini on the road, and he was
    >>> able to briefly help Ullrich on the Pailheres. A drop in an otherwise
    >>> empty bucket.

    >>Sorry - Nardello.

    > Yes, as I mention in another thread, it was a thing of beauty.
    >
    > They have the best "Top 5 guys" on a team and they really put the
    > screws to DSC and made them a non factor instead of letting them run
    > the 6+ year old plan.
    >
    > Sadly I don't think they will recongnize how effective it was and will
    > all just hang on tomorrow hoping not to get dropped by a big yellow
    > bee that they stirred up today.

    Acrtually, given the composition of the stage- an HC climb followed by a cat
    1 mountain top finish without any transition between them, it was pretty
    predictable (except maybe for Popovych). I thought it would be Rasmussen who
    would cause the damage to DSC today, but he didn't quite have it. What was
    surprising was that Popovych couldn't keep up. Makes you wonder if he's the
    guy to lead DSC in the Tour next year.

    I agree with Thevenet.Had Lance had a teammate or two (especailly on the
    descent), he would have had a stage win today.

  20. "David Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:06:29 -0700, sonarrat <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>> They did do one thing right: they put Guerini on the road, and he was
    >>> able to briefly help Ullrich on the Pailheres. A drop in an otherwise
    >>> empty bucket.

    >>Sorry - Nardello.

    > Yes, as I mention in another thread, it was a thing of beauty.
    >
    > They have the best "Top 5 guys" on a team and they really put the
    > screws to DSC and made them a non factor instead of letting them run
    > the 6+ year old plan.
    >
    > Sadly I don't think they will recongnize how effective it was and will
    > all just hang on tomorrow hoping not to get dropped by a big yellow
    > bee that they stirred up today.

    Bullshit. The difference between Telecom and Discovery is that once a
    Discovery rider is off the back, they go into "save it for another day"
    mode. There are still 3 Telecom riders who thingk they are leaders and keep
    fighter for GC time. 2 of them won't be worth crap tomorrow. Vino did good
    to help blow things up, but his day was done and his manager should have
    told him so.

    Any one of Discovery, Telecom, CSC, Phonak could blow things up on the first
    climb, I don't think it proved Telecom had any more or less strength today.
    It was the start of a great strategy, but once Kloden and Vino where
    dropped, they should have started to save things for tomorrow.

    Tell me Telecom's top 5 are better than discovery's after tomorrow's stage.

    2 cents