ulrich to coast?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chris II, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Chris II

    Chris II Guest

    so csc has given up on him.

    anyone know any more?

    Tags:

  2. CyclingNews has a full report of the bidding war. What is particularly interesting is that Coast may
    bump Telekom. Brian Lafferty
    --
    It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.--Voltaire

    chris II" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > so csc has given up on him.
    >
    > anyone know any more?

  3. Hajaj®

    Hajaj® Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:26:58 GMT, chris II <[email protected]> wrote:

    >so csc has given up on him.
    >
    >anyone know any more?

    Apparently it turned out that Ullrich was a package deal. In order to get him they had to sign on 2
    riders, 1 trainer, 1 sportsdirektor og a manager. Since they appear to be the ones who have been
    handling Ullrich so well for the last few years, Riis said forget about it. Quite understandable if
    you ask me.
    --
    Hajaj® [email protected]

    Boycott the 2008 Olympics

  4. "Michael Hoyt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I think its quite humerous that they can offer him a huge salary over multiple years, yet they
    > still owe money to riders that the couldn't pay.
    If
    > he was smart, he'd go to CSC. Riis is is best hope for winning another
    tour.

    However, the interest from CSC has cooled a little after the latest statements by Ullrich & co about
    the CS team, which he apparently does not think is strong enough to support him.

    - Mikkel

    --
    Mikkel Gybel Jensen, Stud. scient biokemi http://www.cmrc.dk ; http://www.pcarlp.dk
    http://home.tiscali.dk/~mgj