Ultegra 10 speed

dougal

Nov 16, 2003
Anyone got a bike with Ultegra 10 speed - any opinions - how does it compare to DA 10 speed and/or 9 speed Ultegra?

dougal said:
Anyone got a bike with Ultegra 10 speed - any opinions - how does it compare to DA 10 speed and/or 9 speed Ultegra?

My bike shop had it in yestarday. They had it on a Trek Pilot. I am a DA guy. I didn't find it very impressive. I'll have to ride it.

The Cheetah said:
My bike shop had it in yestarday. They had it on a Trek Pilot. I am a DA guy. I didn't find it very impressive. I'll have to ride it.
LOL....Bwhahahahahaha.

The Cheetah said:
I didn't find it very impressive. I'll have to ride it.

??? How do you find Ultegra 10 unimpressive w/o riding it? :confused:

dougal said:

Ultegra 10 vs. DA 10: a difference in weight you'll probably never notice, and the words "Dura Ace" vs. "Ultegra" (to some that's important enough to spend hundreds).

9 speed vs. 10 speed: one more cog in the cassette, a nice-to-have of arguable value.

My friend just bought a new Ridley Boreas with Ultegra 10s, one of just a few that have it on. The bike came from the Interbike show here in Las Vegas. It looks and feels just like DA. Crank is very similar to dura ace. I have riden it and my opinion is very nice quality stuff. You won't see full production until spring time!