Ultegra 6603 10sp triple shifters - compatable w/double?

StratPlayer96

Jan 14, 2008
I just hooked up a killer deal for some new Ultegra 10 6603 triple shifers w/cables online. I run double chainrings, but could not pass up the deal. Will these triple shifters be compatable with my double setup?
Thank you.

In the 9spd suite, there was no distinction between double and triple shifters for 105 and ultegra - they all were triple shifters. What this tells us is that the cable pull per shift was the same for each kind of FD. They have not changed cable pull requirements for "10spd" FDs, so the cable pull must still be the same for double and triple FDs. This means that a 10spd triple shifter will work with a double crankset.

artemidorus said:
In the 9spd suite, there was no distinction between double and triple shifters for 105 and ultegra - they all were triple shifters. What this tells us is that the cable pull per shift was the same for each kind of FD. They have not changed cable pull requirements for "10spd" FDs, so the cable pull must still be the same for double and triple FDs. This means that a 10spd triple shifter will work with a double crankset.
Thank you very much. Ride on.........

FWIW - I have Ultegra 10 speed on my new bike, and the shifter says Triple. It works just fine.

StratPlayer96 said:
I just hooked up a killer deal for some new Ultegra 10 6603 triple shifers w/cables online. I run double chainrings, but could not pass up the deal. Will these triple shifters be compatable with my double setup?
Thank you.

6603 means they are triple shifters, but like all shimano triple road shifters, they are also double compatible.