Ultegra 9s der + Shimano 600 STI 8s

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Szymon \Szymszy\ Seliga, May 11, 2004.

  1. I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent way
    of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how?

    Simon

    Tags:

  2. m-gineering

    m-gineering Guest

    Szymon "Szymszy" Seliga wrote:
    > I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent way
    > of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how?
    >
    > Simon

    any 9-speed derailleur is a straight swap. The cable trick (clamping the
    cable to the 'wrong' side of the clampbolt) is needed to shift 8 speeds
    with a 9-speed sti-shifter
    /Marten

  3. sst-<< I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent
    way
    of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how? >><BR><BR>

    No need. Mount the der cable like you would with any rear der. under the fixing
    bolt. All shimano rear ders are cross compatible except DA 8s...

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  4. Szymon "Szymszy" Seliga wrote:

    > I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent way
    > of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how?

    No modification is required as long as the STI _shifters_ match the
    number of sprockets on the cassette. The derailer doesn't care.

    There is an issue about this with older _Dura-Ace_ equipment, but only
    with pre 1997 (pre-9-speed) Dura-Ace.

    See: http://sheldonbrown.com/dura-ace

    Sheldon "interchangeability" Brown
    | A ship in the harbor is safe, but |
    | that is not what ships are built for. |
    | --John A. Shedd |
    Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
    http://harriscyclery.com
    Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

  5. "Szymon "Szymszy" Seliga" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent way
    > of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how?

    thanks all,

    And what about the front derailer? I've got fd-6400 and fc-6400 crankset.
    And the problem is that the derailers travel is to short. What I mean is
    that it looks like if the STI take out too little of the derailer cable. So

    Simon