Ultegra 9s der + Shimano 600 STI 8s

Szymon \Szymszy\ Seliga

Guest
I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent way
of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how?

Simon

Szymon "Szymszy" Seliga wrote:
> I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent way
> of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how?
>
> Simon

any 9-speed derailleur is a straight swap. The cable trick (clamping the
cable to the 'wrong' side of the clampbolt) is needed to shift 8 speeds
with a 9-speed sti-shifter
/Marten

sst-<< I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent
way
of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how? >><BR><BR>

No need. Mount the der cable like you would with any rear der. under the fixing
bolt. All shimano rear ders are cross compatible except DA 8s...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Szymon "Szymszy" Seliga wrote:

> I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent way
> of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how?

No modification is required as long as the STI _shifters_ match the
number of sprockets on the cassette. The derailer doesn't care.

There is an issue about this with older _Dura-Ace_ equipment, but only
with pre 1997 (pre-9-speed) Dura-Ace.

See: http://sheldonbrown.com/dura-ace

Sheldon "interchangeability" Brown
| A ship in the harbor is safe, but |
| that is not what ships are built for. |
| --John A. Shedd |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

"Szymon "Szymszy" Seliga" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I heard, that in order this to work [on a 8s cassete] There a diferent way
> of mounting the derailers housing. Is this true? And how?

thanks all,

And what about the front derailer? I've got fd-6400 and fc-6400 crankset.
And the problem is that the derailers travel is to short. What I mean is
that it looks like if the STI take out too little of the derailer cable. So

Simon