Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Ultegra Caliper Movement

Started by mrscottyboy · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,018 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 November 2005
Last activity
29 November 2005
Original author
mrscottyboy
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,018
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I recently noticed that my front caliper was getting off center. I used the centering screw to re-center the calipers, but the adjustment needed began to be too much for the centering screw. I then realized that the whole caliper is moving on the mounting bolt. This bolt is very tight, but the caliper can still be moved by hand. Is there a way to lock that bolt/nut down?

  2. mrscottyboy said:

    I recently noticed that my front caliper was getting off center. I used the centering screw to re-center the calipers, but the adjustment needed began to be too much for the centering screw. I then realized that the whole caliper is moving on the mounting bolt. This bolt is very tight, but the caliper can still be moved by hand. Is there a way to lock that bolt/nut down?


    I suspect you are missing a spacer there somewhere preventing you from tightning the caliper fully. Most brakes have a serated washer behind the calipers. This washer helps prevent movement and is also a spacer. Check to see that you are not bottoming your bolt down down because this washer is missing. Also is this the front or rear break? Front breaks have a longer center post to fit the forks. The rear breaks have a shorter post to fit the mount crossing the seat stays.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.