Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

ultegra crank tightening

Started by frogge · · Last activity · 3 posts · 948 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
11 June 2004
Last activity
11 June 2004
Original author
frogge
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
948
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey,

    I've got a brand new bike with ultegra triple. After about 300mi. the crank has spontaneously loosened. I tightened it up, but I'm unsure how much torque to put on it. Also, I'm curious about what appears to be a dust collar with two pin fittings. Anything I'm supposed to do with this. Thanks for any help.frogge.

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by frogge
    Hey,

    I've got a brand new bike with ultegra triple. After about 300mi. the crank has spontaneously loosened. I tightened it up, but I'm unsure how much torque to put on it. Also, I'm curious about what appears to be a dust collar with two pin fittings. Anything I'm supposed to do with this. Thanks for any help.frogge.

    <http://bike.shimano.com/product_images/FC/si_images/FC_6500&6503_SI.pdf>

    Or take it back to the shop where you purchased it.

  3. Thanks for the help. I found some very usefull info at www.parktool.com .
    They confirmed the installation procedure and torque. Thanks again Frogge.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.