Ultegra or Dura Ace Cassettes?

Peter Verdesi said:
Thanks for all the posts. Very helpful. I'm using a 9 speed cassette and I'm going to use the DA for racing as well. As far a selling or trading the 11/21, I'm going to keep it. I'd like to have several gearing options. Any thoughts on buying used DA cassettes on Ebay (about half the cost)?
I buy cycling stuff on ebay all the time. One of the important things to look for is that the seller has numerous positive feedbacks. I'll go read some of them as well to see what kind of history they have and what kind of items they usually sell. There have been several scams lately on ebay where a seller has an expensive new bike super cheap on a 24 hour auction. However, if you go look up their previous history you will see that they have only sold kids toys or trailer hitches and never have any history with bikes or components. Those are often hijacked accounts so be careful. Never pay with Western Union.

I ordered a couple of the Ultegra cassettes for $30 each from Supergo.com that you mentioned in your first post. Unfortunately, they are not due until late this month.

Doctor Morbius said:
I buy cycling stuff on ebay all the time. One of the important things to look for is that the seller has numerous positive feedbacks. I'll go read some of them as well to see what kind of history they have and what kind of items they usually sell. There have been several scams lately on ebay where a seller has an expensive new bike super cheap on a 24 hour auction. However, if you go look up their previous history you will see that they have only sold kids toys or trailer hitches and never have any history with bikes or components. Those are often hijacked accounts so be careful. Never pay with Western Union.

I ordered a couple of the Ultegra cassettes for $30 each from Supergo.com that you mentioned in your first post. Unfortunately, they are not due until late this month.
I was more concerned about putting a used cassette on a bike with a chain that is not quite worn the same. Do you think there would be any problems there? Chains are not that expensive so what do you think about having an individual chain for each specific cassette? Thanks for the reply by the way.