Ultegra rear derailler, hangup

Per ElmsäTer

Guest
For no apparent reason at all my chain seems to catch on the first small cog hanging down on the
rear deraiiler. Ie as the chain goes from the front rings on the bottom to the rear cogs it will
all of a sudden not route straight onto the first little cog hanging down on the arm. The chain
misses the cog and the arm then flexes and it feels like my chain is skipping a cog on the
cassette. I don't think it does that but it feels like it as the arm flexes. I can see it do this
when I set it up on the trainer and I can not come up with any reason why it would do this. I tried
to feel for a stiff chainlink to no avail. I cleaned the whole chain yesterday and oiled it all up,
everything started after this. Could it be that I did not oil the derailler specifically after
cleaning it with a degreasing solution? Chain, cogs and derailler have only maybe 1000 km so I
doubt anything is worn out.

Hope you understand what I tried to explain ;)

--
Perre

Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

perdot-<< Ie as the chain goes from the front rings on the bottom to the rear cogs it will all of a
sudden not route straight onto the first little cog hanging down on the arm.

Either der hanger or the rder cage may be bent-

try to bend the lower portion of the cage-

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> perdot-<< Ie as the chain goes from the front rings on the bottom to the rear cogs it will all of
> a sudden not route straight onto the first little cog hanging down on the arm.
>
> Either der hanger or the rder cage may be bent-
>
> try to bend the lower portion of the cage-

That was my initial theory too. After going through everything we decided it was an almost worn out
chain ( 85% ) that had gotten a damaged link when going off the big ring earlier.

I exchanged it for a new Dura Ace and so far it looks like that solved the problem.