Ultegra SPD-SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Per ElmsäTer

SPD-SL PD-R600

I saw that the Ultegra SPD-SL pedals are coming to my LBS. The price seems to be about half of the
Dura Ace but the weight another 110 g. 440 g including cleats as to 330 cleats inclusive for the
Dura Ace. I feel the pricedifference is well worth the 110 g at least for me unless there are other
functional differences.

Does anybody have any experience of the Ultegra model yet?

--
Perre

Replace the DOTs to reply

<< Does anybody have any experience of the Ultegra model yet?

Nope but for the price and weight, why not look at the other LOOK style pedal-Campagnolo
Centaur-lighter, cheaper, more rebuildable(can replace all the innards/plates).

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Replace the DOTs to reply "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> << Does anybody have any experience of the Ultegra model yet?
>
> Nope but for the price and weight, why not look at the other LOOK style pedal-Campagnolo
> Centaur-lighter, cheaper, more rebuildable(can replace
all the
> innards/plates).
>

Because I sold my soul to Shimano, as did the manufacturer of my bike, as did my LBS, as did
my sister....... whoops wasn't supposed to let that one out. But of course most important. So
did Lance.

--
Perre

>> Because I sold my soul to Shimano, as did the manufacturer of my bike, as did my LBS, as did
>> my sister....... whoops wasn't supposed to let that one out. But of course most important. So
>> did Lance.
>
>And its funny how Lance wins despite inferior equipment.... Tongue-in-cheek,

That's an insult to Lance.

Just kidding, it reminded me of the Tiger/Mickelson flap. Phil's comment was indeed a compliment.
But Tiger's skin is getting thinner as the years go by, and the media are quick to side with him and
dump on Phil.

But really, does Lance use the very lightest and "best" components? Not in every case, an argument
can be made. Does it matter? I don't think so. A few ounces here and there are meaningless, I don't
care how many miles of climbing the TDF has.

"2 ounces carried up 14 miles in elevation is a measurable change in potential energy. An extra
7000 watts is expended over the course of the TDF, which calculates to 31 secs in the overall
standings." Please.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.