Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Ultegra10 BB clicking noise help

Started by BarryG · · Last activity · 3 posts · 438 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
20 July 2005
Last activity
22 July 2005
Original author
BarryG
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
438
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just changed my Ultegra10 6603 cranks out from a 172.5 to a 165. Now
    there's a slight clicking noise that wasn't there before. I believe
    everything was installed properly, using a Park BBT-9. Was looking for some
    helpful advice.

    Also can someone confirm that the collar/ring that goes on the axle at the
    drive side should have the side with the segmented gaps toward the crank?
    Finally, can the bearings be repacked? If so, advice on removing the seals?

    Thanks for any help,
    Barry

  2. BarryG said:

    I just changed my Ultegra10 6603 cranks out from a 172.5 to a 165. Now
    there's a slight clicking noise that wasn't there before. I believe
    everything was installed properly, using a Park BBT-9. Was looking for some
    helpful advice.

    Also can someone confirm that the collar/ring that goes on the axle at the
    drive side should have the side with the segmented gaps toward the crank?
    Finally, can the bearings be repacked? If so, advice on removing the seals?

    Thanks for any help,
    Barry

    Prep the frame?
    Lots of grease into the shell?
    Cups in tight?
    Grease onto the BB spindle?
    Crank 'pushed' on with the little plastic tool?
    Pinch bolts to torque?

    Pedals greased and tight into the cranks?

    Bearings are throwaway, not replaceable inside the cups.

  3. "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    BarryG said:

    I just changed my Ultegra10 6603 cranks out from a 172.5 to a 165. Now
    there's a slight clicking noise that wasn't there before. I believe
    everything was installed properly, using a Park BBT-9. Was looking for


    some

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    helpful advice.

    Also can someone confirm that the collar/ring that goes on the axle at


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    drive side should have the side with the segmented gaps toward the


    crank?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Finally, can the bearings be repacked? If so, advice on removing the


    seals?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Thanks for any help,
    Barry

    Prep the frame?
    Lots of grease into the shell?
    Cups in tight?
    Grease onto the BB spindle?
    Crank 'pushed' on with the little plastic tool?
    Pinch bolts to torque?

    Pedals greased and tight into the cranks?

    Bearings are throwaway, not replaceable inside the cups.

    Thanks for the good advice. Yes on all counts and I completely reassembled
    the crank/bb to be sure. I now suspect a misdiagnosis originally. I had
    also swapped out the top 3 cog cluster on the cassette from 21-23-25 to
    21-24-27 and believe that some of the clicking/creaking may be coming from
    that cog group. The noise is really bad when climbing hard in the 21 cog.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.