Ultimate Direction bladder (velcro) repair?

> "BB" wrote in message
>
> > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:56:07 -0500, Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> >
> > > Sometimes it just seems wierd. We'll spend thousands on our bikes.
> We'll
> > > even opt for the $110 Chris King headset, but we won't spend $28 to
> replace
> > > a busted bladder which probably gets just as much use as the rest of
the
> > > parts. Oh, the madness of it all.
> >
> > ...or spend $30 more for a decent hydration pack in the first place. I still have the original
> > bladder in my '95 Camelbak.
> >

> IIRC it was several bad Camelbak bladders that got Slackman into the Ultimate Direction pack.
>
> Mike

Dang... somebody has a good memory! I guess you haven't/didn't puff as much as I thought ;^ (0)
--
Slacker

"jack" wrote in message

> Different situtation from yours, but I did patch a hole in my camelbak bladder with duct tape.
> It's still going strong. The new bladder to replace the patched one is still in the box. Duct tape
> is amazing.

True... duct tape is amazing stuff. Waterproofed many a hole on my surfboards back in the day. Not
to mention a blown radiator hose... of course on my way to the beach to surf... right after my
muffler fell off and my head gasket blew! Damn, that was some night! But at least we caught some
perfect waves in the morning.
--
Slacker

> > We'll
> > replace
> the
> > >
> > > ...or spend $30 more for a decent hydration pack in the first place. I still have the original
> > > bladder in my '95 Camelbak.
> > >

> > IIRC it was several bad Camelbak bladders that got Slackman into the Ultimate Direction pack.
> >
> > Mike
>

> Dang... somebody has a good memory! I guess you haven't/didn't puff as
much
> as I thought ;^ (0)
> --
> Slacker

Oh I did. But since it only kills the weak ones, the brain cells I have left are quality! ;^)

http://www.pbase.com/image/24229945

Mike

> > Dang... somebody has a good memory! I guess you haven't/didn't puff as
> much
> > as I thought ;^ (0)
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> Oh I did. But since it only kills the weak ones, the brain cells I have
left
> are quality! ;^)
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/24229945
>
> Mike

hehehe
--
Slacker

Originally posted by Slacker
news:[email protected]...
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2C7544D6-
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2C7544D6 but the velcro peeled right off the bladder when I was
> > cleaning it last. Anybody ever have this happen and glue it back? I'm not sure what type of
> > glue to use. Rubber cement Epoxy or Urethane 3M 77 ???
> > --
> > Slacker
>

> So you are against staples and/or duct tape?
>
> K.

Duct tape no, staples yes... I'm trying to keep the water *inside the bladder. This is the rectangle
strip of velcro that's glued to the main body of the bladder, not triangle shaped one .

But I don't think duct tape is strong enough.
--
Slacker

I'm glad you didn't run for the staple gun (the thought of it made me chuckle so you had to suffer through it to). Penny's idea of the "industrial" velcro is a good one. We keep a pack of it in the camping gear and they are not playing with the term industrial. Good luck.

K.

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:53:27 -0800, "Slacker" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Man, I hardly even used this one http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2C7544D6 but the velcro peeled right
>off the bladder when I was cleaning it last.
>
>Anybody ever have this happen and glue it back? I'm not sure what type of glue to use.
>
>Rubber cement Epoxy or Urethane 3M 77 ???

New bladder?

...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the trails
pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...