Ultimate fred bike

Lowest max wt over all models is 200#. For the posh Elium, looks like
240# for steel/carbon and 280# (?; I can't make out the small print)
for the uber-posh Ti/carbon. So the line doesn't exactly target the
super-fit whippet segment of the population ;-).

In article <wYGNf.45414$Dh.40625@dukeread04>,
"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http://search.ebay.com%
> 3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D7222833190%26fvi%3D1&item=
> 7222833190&rd=1

Another case of doping in cycling. I wonder what the guy was on to not notice
the fork being backwards.

--
tanx,
Howard

Grandma Smith said a curious thing
Boys must whistle, girls must sing

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

[email protected] wrote:

> Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> "Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
>> > Vader wrote:
>> > Mass-produced winner:
>> > http://www.sevencycles.com/bikes/elium.html
>> >
>> > Dan

>> They publish max rider weight recommendations. That must cut into their
>> sales.
>>
>> http://www.sevencycles.com/bikes/featuresoptionsroad.html

> I thought Dan already established the bulk of their sales are
> to women. Given that, their bikes are distressingly overbuilt.

It could be that the bulk of their sales are to men who like to dress up as
women when they ride. In 1993, "The Crying Game" won seven awards. You
can connect the dots from there.

--
Bill Asher

William Asher wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:

>>I thought Dan already established the bulk of their sales are
>>to women. Given that, their bikes are distressingly overbuilt.
>>

> It could be that the bulk of their sales are to men who like to dress up as
> women when they ride. In 1993, "The Crying Game" won seven awards. You
> can connect the dots from there.

Hmmm.... now you have me worried.

Anyway, 7Ti -- maybe. 7Ti+C: Fred, I'm afraid. P>$10K=>Fred, unless
maybe it's a tandem or something.

Dan

Dan Connelly wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:

>>>I thought Dan already established the bulk of their sales are
>>>to women. Given that, their bikes are distressingly overbuilt.
>>>

>> It could be that the bulk of their sales are to men who like to dress
>> up as women when they ride. In 1993, "The Crying Game" won seven
>> awards. You can connect the dots from there.
>>

> Hmmm.... now you have me worried.
>
> Anyway, 7Ti -- maybe. 7Ti+C: Fred, I'm afraid. P>$10K=>Fred, unless
> maybe it's a tandem or something.
>
> Dan

I don't want to go all Kunich here, but you do live in the Bay Area. It is
possible there are a lot of rich cross-dressing Fred's. You're sure you
haven't unwittingly stumbled onto the Trans-Bay Bridge Cycling Team? Not
that there's anything wrong with that.

--
Bill Asher

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:58:42 -0800, Howard Kveck
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <wYGNf.45414$Dh.40625@dukeread04>,
> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http://search.ebay.com%
>> 3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D7222833190%26fvi%3D1&item=
>> 7222833190&rd=1

> Another case of doping in cycling. I wonder what the guy was on to not notice
>the fork being backwards.

Isn't that the cool way to set up a motor-paced bike? Maybe this is
another subterranean pro getting rid of last year's bike.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Isn't that the cool way to set up a motor-paced bike? Maybe this is
> another subterranean pro getting rid of last year's bike.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

What I can't decide is if he straddled the down tube with the canti brake
cable.

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 08:55:28 -0600, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> Isn't that the cool way to set up a motor-paced bike? Maybe this is
>> another subterranean pro getting rid of last year's bike.
>>
>> Curtis L. Russell
>> Odenton, MD (USA)
>> Just someone on two wheels...

>What I can't decide is if he straddled the down tube with the canti brake
>cable.

He drilled through it like a cyclocross stem.

Ron