Ultrafoco steel strength question....

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Adam Huisenfeld, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. I am a 210 lbs. rider and am interested in a Carrera Shield frameset which utilizes Ultrafoco steel
    tubing. Does anyone have any experience with this grade of steel tubing? I already have a Guerciotti
    Piranha made with EOM steel (strong but light). Does anyone know if Ultrafoco is more delicate then
    EOM steel? Please Email me with any knowledge/advice to: [email protected] Thank you! Adam
    Huisenfeldt

    Tags:

  2. Harvey

    Harvey Guest

    "Adam Huisenfeldt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am a 210 lbs. rider and am interested in a Carrera Shield frameset which utilizes Ultrafoco
    > steel tubing. Does anyone have any experience with this grade of steel tubing?

    I have a FOCO bike. It's very nice, but a little flexy when I'm out of the saddle. But I weigh 150
    lbs. and the frame is small (53cm). I would suspect that in a large size, or for a large rider (and
    with all due repect, at 210 lbs. I would describe you as a large rider) it would be too flexy.

    Harvey