Ultrafoco steel strength question....

Adam Huisenfeld

Guest
I am a 210 lbs. rider and am interested in a Carrera Shield frameset which utilizes Ultrafoco steel
tubing. Does anyone have any experience with this grade of steel tubing? I already have a Guerciotti
Piranha made with EOM steel (strong but light). Does anyone know if Ultrafoco is more delicate then
EOM steel? Please Email me with any knowledge/advice to: [email protected] Thank you! Adam
Huisenfeldt

"Adam Huisenfeldt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I am a 210 lbs. rider and am interested in a Carrera Shield frameset which utilizes Ultrafoco
> steel tubing. Does anyone have any experience with this grade of steel tubing?

I have a FOCO bike. It's very nice, but a little flexy when I'm out of the saddle. But I weigh 150
lbs. and the frame is small (53cm). I would suspect that in a large size, or for a large rider (and
with all due repect, at 210 lbs. I would describe you as a large rider) it would be too flexy.

Harvey