Ultralight Saddles

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Richard Colfack, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"

    Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
    "swimmers"? I'm looking at the Selle Italia SLR = Trans Am, Selle San Marco Aspide or Aireon
    ProLite. All of these = saddles are sub 185 grams and have a cut-out or relief. I currently = ride a
    Flite Genuine Gel but it is relatively heavy and it doesn't stop = the numbness during long rides.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1252"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2719.2200" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight = racing saddle=20 that has
    some protection for my "swimmers"? I'm looking at the = Selle=20 Italia SLR Trans Am,
    Selle San Marco Aspide or Aireon ProLite. All = of=20 these saddles are sub 185 grams and
    have a cut-out or relief. I = currently=20 ride a Flite Genuine Gel but it is relatively
    heavy and it doesn't stop = the=20 numbness during long rides.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0--

    Tags:

  2. Richard says:

    >Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
    >"swimmers"?

    You may have to make the unenviable choice of protection of (gasp!) weight. Which is more important?

    Steve

  3. Tbf

    Tbf Guest

    The aspid is more comfortable than it looks!

    > Richard says:
    >
    > >Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
    > >"swimmers"?
    >
    > You may have to make the unenviable choice of protection of (gasp!)
    weight.
    > Which is more important?
    >
    > Steve

  4. Racerx3165

    Racerx3165 Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"

    I ride a specialized body geometry comp 02 which does help out the = swimmers, but it also weighs
    more than im sure your looking for. If you = want to sacrifice one or the other i think I'd choose
    to take on the few = extra ounces and save a few swimmers! The only thing bad about the =
    specialized that i have found so far is for the first 100-150 miles = depending on your weight
    "that's about how long it takes to break in" it = rides like a 2"x4" but after that its wonderful
    ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1252"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1126" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I ride a specialized body geometry comp =

    02 which does help out the swimmers, but it also weighs more than = im sure=20 your looking
    for. If you want to sacrifice one or the other i think I'd = choose=20 to take on the few extra
    ounces and save a few swimmers! The only thing = bad=20 about the specialized that i have found so
    far is for the first 100-150 = miles=20 depending on your weight "that's about how long it takes to
    break in" it = rides=20 like a 2"x4" but after that its wonderful</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0--