Ultralight Saddles

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Richard Colfack, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
    "swimmers"? I'm looking at the Selle Italia SLR = Trans Am, Selle San Marco Aspide or Aireon
    ProLite. All of these = saddles are sub 185 grams and have a cut-out or relief. I currently = ride a
    Flite Genuine Gel but it is relatively heavy and it doesn't stop = the numbness during long rides.

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1252"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2719.2200" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight = racing saddle=20 that has
    some protection for my "swimmers"? I'm looking at the = Selle=20 Italia SLR Trans Am,
    Selle San Marco Aspide or Aireon ProLite. All = of=20 these saddles are sub 185 grams and
    have a cut-out or relief. I = currently=20 ride a Flite Genuine Gel but it is relatively
    heavy and it doesn't stop = the=20 numbness during long rides.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0--

Tags:

2. Richard says:

>Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
    >"swimmers"?

You may have to make the unenviable choice of protection of (gasp!) weight. Which is more important?

Steve

3. Tbf

Tbf Guest

The aspid is more comfortable than it looks!

"Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Richard says:
    >
    > >Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
    > >"swimmers"?
    >
    > You may have to make the unenviable choice of protection of (gasp!)
    weight.
    > Which is more important?
    >
    > Steve

4. Racerx3165

Racerx3165 Guest

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"

I ride a specialized body geometry comp 02 which does help out the = swimmers, but it also weighs
    more than im sure your looking for. If you = want to sacrifice one or the other i think I'd choose
    to take on the few = extra ounces and save a few swimmers! The only thing bad about the =
    specialized that i have found so far is for the first 100-150 miles = depending on your weight
    "that's about how long it takes to break in" it = rides like a 2"x4" but after that its wonderful
    ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1252"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1126" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I ride a specialized body geometry comp =

02 which does help out the swimmers, but it also weighs more than = im sure=20 your looking
    for. If you want to sacrifice one or the other i think I'd = choose=20 to take on the few extra
    ounces and save a few swimmers! The only thing = bad=20 about the specialized that i have found so
    far is for the first 100-150 = miles=20 depending on your weight "that's about how long it takes to
    break in" it = rides=20 like a 2"x4" but after that its wonderful</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.